Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest

Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest

3.09 of 5 stars 3.09  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
For the first time in over thirty years read the original, first graphic novelization of Dark Shadows: The Original Series. Conceived by Gold Key editor Wallace I. Green as a novel illustrated by Dark Shadows comic book artist Joe Certa, this book presents a complete extended story with accompanying artwork. This intriguing story finds Angelique casting Barnabas back to 17...more
Published October 11th 2011 by Hermes Press (first published August 9th 2011)

Marcie
Dark Shadows was a very popular Gothic soap opera in the late 60's and early 70's. It was very melodramatic and it featured the ever famous, Barnabas Collins. Dark Shadows had all sorts of supernatural creatures making an appearance such as vampires. witches, werewolves and more. This series has been off of television for quite some time. It spawned several books, films, and in the early 90's a short lived television comeback. In May of 2012, a Dark Shadows movie starring Johnny Depp and Michell...more
Bob Milne
Unless you've been sleeping the days away in a pine box, deep inside some dusty old cellar, you likely know that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are bring Dark Shadows to the big screen in 2012. Given that Arneson's story takes place outside the main Dark Shadows storyline, at a time when Barnabas is no longer a vampire, it seems an odd choice to tie into Burton's movie, but it's still a wonderfully nostalgic look back at the origins of the franchise.

Over 40 years after it's original release as a Gol...more
Rose
I have an active confession to make: I sometimes like reading campy stories and watching TV shows that have come before my generation. I've marathoned episodes of "I Love Lucy", "Leave it to Beaver," "Lassie," the original "Fugitive" and "The Man from UNCLE" and even "Dragnet" (I blame one of my former high school teachers for Dragnet, though I did see the 80s movie with Dan Ackroyd and Tom Hanks).

Suffice to say, even with my love for old movies and T.V. shows, I've never heard of Dark Shadows....more
Amy
In short: don't read it unless you're a fan of the television series. It's adorable in its awfulness.
Andy
Kind of a novelty item. Had to get it for the collection.
G
G marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jun 08, 2013
Michele Piccini
Michele Piccini marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
BookLuva28
BookLuva28 marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Kim Fetting sagan
Kim Fetting sagan marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Stephanie Shockley
Stephanie Shockley marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Shazzy
Shazzy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2012
Persephone
Persephone marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2011
Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2011
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2011
Gullivers Travels (Young Collectors Illustrated Classic) The Adventures of Robin Hood (Treasury of Illustrated Classics) Ghost Horse Mystery Our Mysterious World The Call of the Wild (Treasury of Illustrated Classics)