Start by marking “Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest” as Want to Read:
Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest

Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
For the first time in over thirty years read the original, first graphic novelization of Dark Shadows: The Original Series. Conceived by Gold Key editor Wallace I. Green as a novel illustrated by Dark Shadows comic book artist Joe Certa, this book presents a complete extended story with accompanying artwork. This intriguing story finds Angelique casting Barnabas back to 17 ...more
Published October 11th 2011 by Hermes Press (first published January 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Shadows The Original Series Story Digest

Amy
Dec 31, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok
In short: don't read it unless you're a fan of the television series. It's adorable in its awfulness.
Dave
Aug 17, 2015 Dave rated it liked it
This is from Gold Key comics, released in the spring of 1970.
It's a 24 chapter 'novel', with the art work reprintd as well..
Great fun, though not very 'Deep'. Only two Regulars' from Dark Shadows are here-Barnabas and Angelique.(Who is not in it much)
Worth a look-and it has some great pictures of the cast, in the back of the book.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it liked it
This is a modified reprint of a publication from Gold Key from 1970. Barnabas runs across someone who had been a ghost but is now real. They work to save a guy from the clutches of a witch in Salem. The people hate Barnabas because he is different from them (they don't know how different) and they plan to kill him. So he has to deal with the witch and the ugly mob, both.

The story is fairly good. There is also a section of photographs from Dark Shadows. The one thing the book did that I don't lik
Marcie
Mar 08, 2012 Marcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Shadows was a very popular Gothic soap opera in the late 60's and early 70's. It was very melodramatic and it featured the ever famous, Barnabas Collins. Dark Shadows had all sorts of supernatural creatures making an appearance such as vampires. witches, werewolves and more. This series has been off of television for quite some time. It spawned several books, films, and in the early 90's a short lived television comeback. In May of 2012, a Dark Shadows movie starring Johnny Depp and Michell ...more
Bob Milne
Dec 22, 2011 Bob Milne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Unless you've been sleeping the days away in a pine box, deep inside some dusty old cellar, you likely know that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are bring Dark Shadows to the big screen in 2012. Given that Arneson's story takes place outside the main Dark Shadows storyline, at a time when Barnabas is no longer a vampire, it seems an odd choice to tie into Burton's movie, but it's still a wonderfully nostalgic look back at the origins of the franchise.

Over 40 years after it's original release as a Gol
Rose
I have an active confession to make: I sometimes like reading campy stories and watching TV shows that have come before my generation. I've marathoned episodes of "I Love Lucy", "Leave it to Beaver," "Lassie," the original "Fugitive" and "The Man from UNCLE" and even "Dragnet" (I blame one of my former high school teachers for Dragnet, though I did see the 80s movie with Dan Ackroyd and Tom Hanks).

Suffice to say, even with my love for old movies and T.V. shows, I've never heard of Dark Shadows.
Andy
Jun 10, 2012 Andy rated it liked it
Kind of a novelty item. Had to get it for the collection.
Samantha Hassell
Samantha Hassell marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Glen Wight
Glen Wight rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
IsMishe
IsMishe rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
JerricaRhea
JerricaRhea marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Mercedes
Mercedes marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Dawn Barton
Dawn Barton rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Todd Glaeser
Todd Glaeser rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Jonathan Westbrook
Jonathan Westbrook rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Timothy
Timothy rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
BookLuva28
BookLuva28 marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Kim Fetting sagan
Kim Fetting sagan marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Stephanie Shockley
Stephanie Shockley marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Larry Jones
Larry Jones rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2012
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012