Start by marking “The Wild Queen (The Peasant Queen, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Wild Queen (The Peasant Queen, #0.5)
Preview

The Wild Queen (Peasant Queen 0.5)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dear reader,

This is an epic a love story, but not a happy one. While it is romantic, like Romeo and Juliet it does not have a happily-ever-after conclusion. I caution you on this only because I’d hate for you to be disappointed because the story did not end as you had hoped...So begins the author's note at the beginning of this book. For details on the plot, read on:

In the
Kindle Edition
Published 2011 by Chesley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild Queen

Misty
What a terrible ending! (I feel like an lol should go here.) But knowing it is the prequel makes it all better. It's not the ending, it's just leading me into the beginning (right?). Loved all the characters and can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Justine
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed this book a lot because it was a fantasy novel but didn't have any of the usual things that I normally read about in a fantasy story. I though it was finally without all those so that made me like it better. A lot of stuff happened in the prequel, but everything happened for a reason and added to the book. Cheri Chesley ended the book with a huge cliffhanger so I will definitely continue with this series. One ...more
Krista Wayment
Aug 21, 2011 Krista Wayment rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a light fantasy read with a hint of a love story.
My Rating/Reviewing MO

This book is a prequel to The Peasant Queen, which I might recommend you read first (unlike I did).

The characters are interesting and it is written well. Reading it on the Kindle app on my phone I noticed a few formatting issues but they were not bad enough to distract much from my reading.

Krista Wayment

To me this book felt more like a collection of scenes and less like a cohesive story. That said; I did enjoy reading it. I liked the characters and was left feeling like I wanted to know more.

The ending seems
Shellie
Ouch!! The only reason I am giving this a 5 is because I am hooked, and I can't wait for the resolution! Unfortunately for me, the resolution will not come until the author has completed it. So, sadly, I lay awake at night wondering and worrying over the fate of Queen Roweena, wondering what has kept her gone for over 16 years. I am stressed. I know! It's just a book, but dang it! I like a good story with resolution! I will definitely read the next one. I love the characters, and I love the hook ...more
Nellie
I guess I should of been warned, the author says it doesn't end the way we want it to. Definitely must be ready to read the sequel, but the reviews don't look like that will solve the open ended issues, and this ends very open ended. Very clean, and a fun romantic adventure. I like it and enjoyed the story. The characters are good. Clean enough for my teen daughter. However, I'm thinking it should have had a bit more closure. I'm not sure I will continue with the next one, and I'm a sucker for t ...more
Katie
I'm giving this 2 stars even though I'm still willing to give the first book in the series a try since this is a prequel. The writing was average with typos, and overall the whole book could have used more work with character development, dialogue, and plot progression. It particularly fell apart around the end where it jumped around so much that I wasn't sure why Lucien felt the way he did.
♥Tiffany♥
I liked this one too! I fell in love with Roweena and was sad when time flew by and years passed in the book. I wished I could have seen into some of those years too... I find myself wondering where this series is going.... But rest assured that I will read the next one! You know you like a plot when you think about it for day's after reading it. It is a clean and easy fun read.
Jamie Turner-norton
All 3 books are great. I love Jareth and Adore Krystal and well actually all the characters (atleast the one’s living in the castle & the Guards) I was able to read all 3 books in 2 days (I couldn’t put my kindle down) I Cannot wait to read The Lost Princess.
The Peasant Queen #1
The Wild Queen #.5
The Tyrant King #2
Lindsey
I can't wait for the next book Tyrant King. Totally hooked on the story. Didn't absolutely love the ending but it still was a great story. The Peasant Queen is still my favorite.
Debbie
I read this book in the e-book format. I liked the story. It was interesting.

I just read this book again. It is a great book.
Mindy
Great story! I loved Gregory's parents. It was cool to see what they were like, and why he is the way he is.
Vicki
Thoroughly enjoyed this prequel. Very fun read, although sad in the end.
Bonnie Gwyn
That ending, right there, is a killer! Well done Cheri.
Nicole Grane
Loved this even more than the Peasant Queen!
Michalla
Really good. Sad at the end
Cady Vaverka
Cady Vaverka marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Zoe Virani
Zoe Virani marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sebastian
Sebastian marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Kerrie
Kerrie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
N I
N I marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Rowan Simetra
Rowan Simetra marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Currently blissful working mother of 5. Married to a fantastic, amazing, supportive man. I love to read, I love to write and I love taking pictures (though my skill is debatable lol).
More about Cheri Chesley...

Peasant Queen (3 books)
  • The Peasant Queen
  • The Tyrant King (The Peasant Queen, #2)
The Peasant Queen The Tyrant King (The Peasant Queen, #2) Ghost Bride Twelve Days: A Story of Christmas The Tyrant King: Sequel to The Peasant Queen