Start by marking “The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)

The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  434 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Published May 31st 2011 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about The Scientist and the Supermodel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scientist and the Supermodel

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonChange of Heart by Mary CalmesDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldTiming by Mary CalmesCollision Course by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay Pretty Men
30th out of 208 books — 194 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyTry by Ella Frank
Best "Out For You" Romance
219th out of 581 books — 1,534 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex is The Romance Fox
Synopsis: THE SCIENTIST AND THE SUPERMODEL by TARA LAIN
Geneticist Jake Martin has brilliant scientific vision, but he’s blind to his own nature. Despite his flagging interest in women and his past experience with a man, he’s convinced himself he’d be happy if he could just have his older boss, Emmaline Silvay, as his lover. Living in his closeted dream world, he’s unprepared for the powerful attraction he experiences to supermodel Roan Black, “the most beautiful man in the world.”

Jake can’t resi
pbj
This isn't the classic opposites attract that you would think given the title. It's more of a PWP confused about my sexuality in the face of overwhelming temptation story.
It's not bad, but I did have a significant WTF? way to take me out of the story issue with this book.
Personal Hygiene. Come on people. I'm not a prude, but either go all out with the ridiculous fantasy sex where no one uses a condom and no one cares, or clean up a little! (view spoiler)
Denise H.
***** Delightful M/M GFY -Gay for You - story !!! *****
Jake is a genetic scientist, handsome, blonde, blue eyed, and struggling. He is in love with his boss, Dr. Emmaline, but can't act on it in the stuffy small world of research. Jake doesn't know
that Roan is a supermodel...

He meets Roan at a conference hotel, and they get together. Roan's a supermodel, worldwide celebrity, and a magnificently beautiful male.
Jake

had a homosexual experience in college, but never went beyond that, but it's Ro
Sheila
Jun 22, 2011 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jake, a genetic researcher, has loved his boss Emma from afar. He can't tell her because she's older and his boss. Trying to forget for a night he goes to a bar where he meets Roan, a male supermodel. After having sex, Jake freaks and leaves but he can't forget Roan. Meeting again in NY they have an incredible night of sex. Jake believes he is straight but can't get Roan out of his mind. He hurts Roan throughout their relationship but can it be saved or has he finally overstepped the line in the ...more
Eli Easton
Mar 24, 2013 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
I love Tara Lain, but I avoided this series of hers for a while because it's mmf menage. I finally broke down and read this first book in the series because I needed a mmf book for a challenge.

I'm happy it was this one, because I enjoyed Tara's writing just as much here. I loved Jake and Roan and the extended family. In this book, there's only one brief mmf menage encounter and it was mostly about the mm relationship.

However, I probably won't read more in the series because it looks like future
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
a Whipped Cream Reviews 'BEST BOOK'!

originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

“He’d managed to get hard earlier, but only after she’d sucked him like a Hoover and he’d done some seriously heavy fantasizing.” This is one line that will stick in my mind for a long, long time. One of the things I love about reading books by Tara Lain is the way her imagination comes out in the written word. It's all the cute lines and the vivid details that leave you smiling and going back to re-
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Scientist and the Supermodel review on The Romance Reviews.

The most beautiful man in the world falls for the brainy geneticist, Jake. This is where it all started. In this story, the prequel to Genetic Attraction, we learn how Jake and Roan meet. Jake is at the science convention where he crosses path with Roan in a hotel bar. The two fumble with each other, trying to come to terms with a relationship they can both accept.

This story is filled with misconceptions, assumptions and pain. Jake i
Snowtulip
Aug 02, 2012 Snowtulip rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.5

Hhhmmm...so I learned something about myself as a reader, apparently I can do certain types of m-m-m menage, but don't like m-m-f menage. So that really slants my view of this book, so if that isn't an issue for you, this might be a book for you. It threw the whole story off for me and I had to get back in, only to be thrown off again. The only other m-m-f I read was a Josh Lanyon book and was hoping my dislike was an anomaly (apparently not).

I love Roan and just absolutely wanted to know so
Lily
It's been a while since I read anything other than a M/M but I have to read a "menage with girl cooties" for a challenge I'm in. This is the prequel to that book and contains a brief M/M/F scene. Up to that point I was enjoying the book as I liked both of the protags but that scene just didn't work for me. Amazingly though it wasn't so much the fact that the third is a girl it was just that I didn't like the character. As a trio they didn't appeal to me. Hopefully when I read the actual menage b ...more
Summer
Aug 03, 2011 Summer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, m-m-f, hea-m-m, menage, gfy-ofy
This was an excellent book! I really didn't want it to end and am glad that there is a second book to keep going with this couple. That said, I still thought it could have still been a little longer in my opinion.

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Buffy Kennedy
Jul 20, 2012 Buffy Kennedy rated it it was amazing
This story is a spectacular beginning to the series. Roan is so unashamed of his sexuality and is so bold, especially for being such a sensitive guy. Jake is not afraid to explore his desires, but struggles with what it means in the long run. Together, they’re sexy, sweet, and beautiful. The ending is the best part, as it is so heartwarmingly thoughtful and leads right into the next book (even if it was written before this one).

I loved the family element on Jake’s side, and just how well they ta
Traci
Nov 15, 2013 Traci rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I love ROAN!!!!!! Great beginning of a new series for Lain. Jake is a genetics scientist that is at a convention and meets a "beautiful" man at a bar and cannot resist the attraction that they have for each other. Jake has always said he is straight except for some "release" needs that he got from his friend, Tom, in college. Even though it was offered by his friend, Jake takes him up on it, time and time again (even though it is obvious that Tom is in love) Jake plays stupid, ...more
Elizabetta

This is a quick bit of fluff reading— entertaining with all the super hot people populating it like a big ole fairy tale. But so unbelievable. This is la-la-land, literally. The ending is improbable, but fits the fairy tale. I mean, Jake protested to the end that he’s a straight-shooter (ok, bisexual) and carries a torch for his (female) boss (who seems strangely oblivious to it all) and yet he had an irrevocable attraction to Roan, even as he denies it. This goes on so much that Jake's final ca
Buffy Kennedy
This story is a spectacular beginning to the series. Roan is so unashamed of his sexuality and is so bold, especially for being such a sensitive guy. Jake is not afraid to explore his desires, but struggles with what it means in the long run. Together, they 19re sexy, sweet, and beautiful. The ending is the best part, as it is so heartwarmingly thoughtful and leads right into the next book (even if it was written before this one).

I loved the family element on Jake 19s side, and just how well the
Doctor Charley Ferrer
Aug 17, 2011 Doctor Charley Ferrer rated it it was amazing
The Scientist and the Supermodel was a great book to curl up with on a rainy night. It was fast paced and took me through several naughty experiences with Roan and Jake which left me wanting… I enjoyed the love/lust at first sight which turned into more. Can’t wait to see what happens in the sequel.

Live with passion,

Dr. Charley Ferrer
Sassafrass
I thought that this was cute overall. I did think that Jake was a little bit over the top when dealing with his feelings for Roane, but hey, I'm not a guy so what do I know. Otherwise, I thought it was funny, sexy and engaging. I am definitely going to continue the series. I can't wait to see what's going to happen between the boys and Em.
Amanda Sheila
Feb 08, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it
the idea of bi or gay story, to me, still hard to digest. but still, this book is beautiful. it touch my heart in a very delicate ways. i love it. way to go, miss Lain!
~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~
Aug 01, 2011 ~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~ rated it it was ok
This was really cheesy. I wouldn't say it was PWP, but it was close. It was unrealistic and the writing was in need of a good editor.
Heather in FL **UGH the new home page is FUGLY**
So... I've had my m/m cherry popped. Well, this isn't the first time I've read about men getting it on, but it's the first time that it's been the overriding focus of the book. Most of the time when I read anything with m/m, it's part of a menage with a female. So, while Jake was in love with a woman (whom he does not have a romantic relationship with), this story was all about Jake and Roan. More precisely, it was about Jake coming to terms with his bi-sexuality.

This was a group series read or
Vanessa theJeepDiva
May 14, 2013 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ebook, m-m, 2013
The chance encounter of Jake and Roan while they are hiding from their problems and seeking solace in a hotel bar leaves one questioning everything he has ever known and the other wanting something that is so far out of reach that heartbreak would be easier to obtain.

I just loved Roan! He is such an easy man for anyone (with the exception of Jake) to easily and quickly realize that they love everything about him. All he wants is to share his home, life, and love with someone who will reciprocat
~ Lei ~ New GR HomePage Is An Abomination ~
Like this series.

ETA 9/12 I'm rereading this series for the Erotic Enchants 2012 Read It, Rate It, Review It Holiday Challenge and I hadn't read book 3/4 so I wanted to refresh my memory.

This reread definitely stands up - I liked it even more than the first time I read it almost a year ago.

Jake and Roan meet in the lobby at a genetics conference and it's pretty much instalust. Jake doesn't identify as gay so he's thrown for a loop about how much he cares for Roan and that's the ongoing conflict
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I discovered another Tara Lain series! I was really excited to find this and a good thing I found it late since this book was actually published after the second book was already out. So I'm actually reading what happened in the correct order.

Jake Martin is young and successful. Also very smart. He's been in love with his boss, Dr. Emmaline Silvay for a long time now. When he is assigned to go to a conference by himself and meets an extremely handsome g
Yuu Sasih
Jul 13, 2011 Yuu Sasih rated it it was ok
2,5 stars

The romance is fine and hot and angsty, alright. It has many aspects of straight-realized-about-his-bisexsuality conflicts. But nooooooo, while I found Jake and Roan was cute and hot and so perfect for each other, I found their choices to do menages wasn't exactly my cup of man-love tea. As much I love slash romance, I still loyal to one-partner idealism. I'm not into threesome, either it was M/M/F or M/M/M. But I love Roan and Jake's relationship, but nooooooo.... *wail*
Rider Jacobs
Nov 03, 2011 Rider Jacobs rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fell in LOVE with Jake and Roan in this book! My heart went out to both men as they dealt with Jake's 'coming out'... And with the help of a much love and VERY mischievous mom, poor Jake was shocked to learn that mom's really do know everything about their children.

While there were some 'head smacking' moments, the two men were lovely together and I found myself enjoying the ride just as much as they did!

Absolutely BRILLIANT Tara!
Heidi Belleau
This book was laugh out loud funny, but I don't think that was intentional. Dialogue was too wooby for my tastes and sex was repetitive, but I appreciate the fact that it had an ensemble cast and women characters that existed for reasons other than getting men together or keeping them apart. When do I get an f/f featuring Alex, that's what I wanna know.
Alex Mar
Jun 20, 2014 Alex Mar rated it liked it
Oh Roan. Roan comes off the page sexy as sin. Seriously. Lick-your-lips kind of hot.

The sex scenes were hot and didn't have one complaint about them, not even the MMF. Buuuut I have to put it out there. I love MMF and MMM, but that's normally when the focus of the book is on that relationship, on them as a trio.

In a book that's about either MM / MF / FF etc. I want it to be about that couple. I get that it's not infidelity but, at the end there, even the suggestion of more, of needing more tha
Jane (PS)
Aug 01, 2014 Jane (PS) rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
2.5 stars.

Hmm - I really enjoy reading Tara's later work but this is clearly one of her first books. I could see why Jake would lust/love Roan, but for the life of me, I couldn't work out why Roan gave Jake the time of day! Overall the story and relationship just didn't gel for me.
Jacq
Sep 20, 2012 Jacq rated it really liked it
This story was so fun, it is a solid 4.5 STARS... The only take back was how Jake, was soooooo confused about his sexuality it was mind boggling, I had a hard time getting pass that. But but but even -.5 I must thank Tara Lain, for placing a smile on my face, with this truly fun read!
Heather
Aug 10, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book. I've read alot of m/m but they have always been very short stories. The Scientist and the Supermodel was my first m/m novel and I couldn't have picked a better book to begin with. It was sweet, funnyand a great book.
Maygirl7
Aug 08, 2011 Maygirl7 rated it it was ok
Well, now I know that I don't want read more of this author's writing.
  • Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)
  • Zack & Ace (Circe's Recruits, #2)
  • Rocked
  • Imprinted
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Missing Linc
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Hurt
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Threefold
  • Shivaree (Shivaree, #1)
  • Love's Fortress (Brothers in Arms, #7)
  • The Breeder (Wasteland, #3)
  • Enticement
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 27 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world an ...more
More about Tara Lain...

Genetic Attraction (4 books)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #3)
  • Genetic Celebrity (Genetic Attraction #4)