Start by marking “The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Lost Book of Enki:...

Zecharia Sitchin

The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  529 ratings  ·  26 reviews
FICTION / MYTHOLOGY

Will the past become our future? Is humankind destined to repeat the events that occurred on another planet, far away from Earth? Zecharia Sitchin’s bestselling series, The Earth Chronicles, provided humanity’s side of the story--as recorded on ancient clay tablets and other Sumerian artifacts--concerning our origins at the hands of the Anunnaki, “those

Published February 23rd 2011 by Inner Traditions International, Limited (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Book of Enki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Book of Enki

RevBrother
I’m not sure what ancient tablets he used exactly and how much of this came out of his imagination, but it was a pretty neat read either way. This was the first book I’ve read by this author, but I guess he’s real famous and has been writing stuff like this for years. It’s all about how these aliens came to Earth thousands of years ago to get gold to fix their atmosphere. Then, they made humans to help them mine the gold. I thought it was a pretty neat book, and the theories all came together n ...more
Omid Mankoo
Zachariah Sitchins books are detailed with actual translations of Ancient Cuniform (clay tablet) writings. They are Sumerian Writings , the language which brought about Aramaic, which in turn brought about Hebrew and Arabic. He is an Archeologist, and ancient script interpreter/translator. He delves into ancient texts, and clay tablet writtings, religious scriptures, artifacts, and drawings & visits museums, and sights of actual historical significance mentioned in various world scriptures, ...more
Yasemin
The revelations in this book might be "too much" for general public so I recommend you to start with Michael Tellinger's "Slave Species of God" first. Tellinger successfully waters down the harsh facts of Sumerian history by throwing some genetic, astronomical and historical information while making measured references to The Lost Book of Enki.

Zecharia Sitchin was an amazing scholar and a passionate researcher whose work is totally underrated and wrongly hijacked by the wrong sort of audience. I
Ezequiel Roa
You can go to YouTube and listen to Josh Reeves from The Global Reality read this Book of Truths. It will trip you out. The bible does not tell you the truth. People open your EYES and MINDS. This is the TRUE HISTORY of our PLANET and HUMANITY. Yes, this was written over 5000 years ago! They even talk about the FACE on MARS!
Bob Lackland
Awesome book. Reading this gave me a much better understanding of the origins of much of our history, religion and very make-up as humans.

I highly recommend the book to those who might be open-minded about learning of our history and origins, but do not recommend it to anyone who is either immersed in religion or religious belief systems, nor to those who are totally skeptic about anything that is outside what we have been taught and exposed to during our lives.
Debbie Lowrance
All I can say is Wow! Keep an open mind. Another reviewer said it was about time science and religion come together. I totally agree!
Chris
This book is weird. The whole thing is written like Yoda speaks, super hard to follow.
Spaducci
Possibly THE most important book written of ALL times!!!!

Badger
Let me also say that I have read all of Sitchin's books and found most, the first 3 or 4 at least, to be fascinating. I anxiously awaited this "Enki" book, because it was billed as a narrative that would fill in a lot of the gaps and answer a lot of my questions. It failed. It is written in a poetic style that is tedious and irritating; the reverse sentence structure in particular (think Yoda).

Rather than give any depth, insight, or fill in the gaps, it glosses over things as if they are a given
Oguz
Kitabı bitirdikten sonra iki dakika kadar yazılanların gerçek olduğunu varsaydım ve Miğverdibi savaşından beri böylesine heyecanlanmadığımı fark ettim. Aşırı uç ve inanılması zor şeyleri amatör lig maçı anlatıyormuş gibi basit ve sıradan anlatsa da bugün inanmamız için dayatılan birçok şeyden daha mantıklı ve inandırıcı geliyor insana.
Antonio
Mar 02, 2014 Antonio marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

O passado irá tornar-se o nosso futuro? A humanidade está destinada a repetir os eventos ocorridos em outro planeta, distante da Terra? Em 'O Livro Perdido de Enki', pode-se observar um relato autobiográfico concebido pelo Senhor Enki, um dos deus anunnaki, que conta a história da chegada desses extraterrestres à Terra, vindos do 12° planeta, chamado Nibiru. O objetivo de sua colonização era a busca pelo ouro, sendo este utilizado para reabastecer a atmosfera que estava morrendo em seu planeta n

Scott Borcher
Pure Enlightenment

Rocked my world. After reading this book you may rethink our 'history.' Straight translation of the words of our true maker.
Talya
This book is the true history of mankind that we have forgotten. Everything makes more sense having read this book. It's amazing.
Neida
A fascinating read, but I suppose only those who love ancient history and ancient mysteries could appreciate it. This translation of the Sumerian tablets dealing with their myth of creation was done by Zecharia Sitchin, a proponent of the ancient astronaut theory. Regardless of his views (which I think in general may have a lot of truth), he was a scholar and an expert in the Sumerian language. Any ancient history buff would enjoy this.
Byrd Alyssa
The best myth I ever read. If Sitchin's translations of the Sumerian tablets this is based on are to be trusted, this is the Myth the Old Testament is based upon. Real good shite. (yes, flakey and far out too.)
Diana
well I learned about Mars..... Early humanoid life.... and how the world was made...if your trying to figure out the Book of genesis this is the perfect read....One of my favorite authors
Elsie
My all time favourite one the best book on the beginning of humankind!
A must-read for all who are interested in the ancient civilizations and the beginning humanity on Earth!
Garymmark Mark
Another amazing book written thousands of years before the Old Testament with the same stories set in a more congruous context. This will blow your mind.
Trisha
Absolutely the most mind altering book ever read in my opinion. This one is the Rosetta stone of all time, which opened my eyes to the true origin of man.
seth chapin
Literal Translations of original Sumerian and Babylonian texts. Another piece of the puzzle, I do suppose...
Lynette Bilello
Loved this book. Totally enthralling. Left me pondering many things. Rereading :)
Philip Jordan
WOW!!! This book brings Enki and the Annunaki to LIFE!!
Aaron Steiner
this explains.. ALOT!!! (wow~)
Antonio
Everyone should read this...
Alan Falcony
Alan Falcony marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Tajana
Tajana marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Children of the Matrix: How an Interdimensional Race Has Controlled the World for Thousands of Years--And Still Does
  • Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Day After Roswell
  • Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization
  • Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • The Eyes of the Sphinx: The Newest Evidence of Extraterrestial Contact in Ancient Egypt
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • Slave Species of God: The Story of Humankind from the Cradle of Humankind
  • Living in the Heart: How to Enter Into the Sacred Space Within the Heart [With CD]
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
Sitchin was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was raised in Palestine. He acquired some knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Torah, and the history and archeology of the Near East.

Sitchin graduated from the London School of Economics, University of London, majoring in economic history.

A journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writ
More about Zecharia Sitchin...
The 12th Planet (Earth Chronicles, #1) The Stairway to Heaven (The Earth Chronicles, #2) The Wars of Gods and Men (Earth Chronicles 3) Genesis Revisited The Lost Realms (The Earth Chronicles, #4)

“That which for all time construction shall determine I have laid out; Away from Eridu, where dry land begins, my quarters shall be, Laarsa will be its name, a place for directing it shall become. On the banks of the Burannu, the River of Deep Waters, will it be located, A twin thereof a city shall in future arise, Lagash I shall name it. Between the two on the plans a line have I drawn, Sixty leagues thereafter a healing city shall come into being, A city of your own it shall be, Shurubak, the Haven City, I shall name it.” 0 likes