Start by marking “A Life Sold - What Ever Happened To That Guy Who Sold His Whole Life On Ebay?” as Want to Read:
A Life Sold - What Ever Happened To That Guy Who Sold His Whole Life On Ebay?

A Life Sold - What Ever Happened To That Guy Who Sold His Whole Life On Ebay?

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
What on earth would make someone decide to put their whole life up for sale… on eBay?

When Ian Usher decided that it was time to leave the past behind and move on to the next chapter of his life, that is exactly what he did. The results were surprising, entertaining and challenging.

However, the auction was only the beginning of the adventure. What does someone do when they
Published (first published November 4th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Sold - What Ever Happened To That Guy Who Sold His Whole Life On Ebay?

Katherine Amabel
A note on context: this review was originally listed on my blog (On Cheese Rolling And Other Adventures: Review of Ian Usher's A LIFE SOLD), hence the references to writing techniques etc. Enjoy!

A Life Sold follows the fascinating journey of a man who sold his life on ebay and lived – really lived – to tell the tale. The result is an impossible, inspiring, intriguing adventure.

Whatever’s on your bucket list, you can bet Ian’s achieved or at least tried something along those lines. Whether it’s t
Nat
It took me two efforts to really get into this book (and eventually finish it). I think I only finished the second time because I'm doing my own 101 in 1001 challenge. If you like to live vicariously of adventures you'll never do and places you'll never go then this is for you. Problem is in the days of internet and social media it isn't even that unusual a story.
Katie
Jan 29, 2014 Katie is currently reading it
Bit less than half way through and not only is it a diary style book of his adventures an goals but a log of how many women he can meet! Had to google the guy to see what he looked like as thought he must be a real stud....will continue reading
Lisa
This book is a great motivational read for following your dreams and expanding your horizons. Ian splits up each section by weeks and goals. The beginning is long and filled with history and his feelings. Once the journey gets going the goals are explained and his feelings are quite moving.
Ian has an appendix with a list of the goals. I would have preferred it at the beginning so I knew what he was doing and each goals Turks could have been more informative.
In the end it is a nice read but you
Adam Fuller
Not bad for a first time writer. I thought his list of activities was fairly interesting even though skydiving holds limited appeal for me. One minor annoyance was the formatting of the activity list in the Kindle Fire edition. It did not come through very well. Overall I thought this was a pleasant, if slightly bittersweet tale.
Kevin Rourke
Great story, really enjoyed it. Written by the author who shattered by the end of his marriage, decides to sell his entire life hes been living on Ebay and starts afresh by setting himself a challenge to travel the world and accomplishing 100 things in 100 weeks and meeting new people along the way. Thought provoking and a great read.
Debbie Wilkes
Interesting all the things he did, but he is not a very good writer. kind of boring esp near the end. he spends a lot of time talking about his divorce and it gets uninteresting
Ali Crain
Added a few things to my own bucket list from this but overall found the book a bit tedious and at times boring
Lorraine Peachey
Lorraine Peachey marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Marguerite Breda
Marguerite Breda marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Craig A.
Craig A. marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Eloise Stone
Eloise Stone marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Heidit Vares
Heidit Vares marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Roberta Liinar
Roberta Liinar marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Gabriela Jelínková
Gabriela Jelínková marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Miruna
Miruna marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Travel Tips - 17 Travel Tips to help you save money, and make your next adventure less stressful and more enjoyable Adventure Travel - 16 stories from a world traveller hoping to provide little inspiration for your next travel adventure Amazing Travel Experiences - 15 more stories from one world traveller hoping to provide little inspiration for your next travel adventure Adventure Underwater - 10 Watery tales of excitement to whet your appetite for your own travel adventures More Adventure Travel - 11 more stories of worldwide adventure

“Big challenges provide big opportunities.” 3 likes
“What we decide to do in the face of adversity is perhaps the truest measure of character.” 2 likes