Start by marking “Memories of the Dead Man” as Want to Read:
Memories of the Dead Man

Memories of the Dead Man

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Multi-award winning author.

"Doug Smith is, quite simply, the finest short-story writer Canada has ever produced in the science fiction and fantasy genres, and he's also the most prolific. His stories are a treasure trove of riches that will touch your heart while making you think."
—Robert J. Sawyer, Hugo Award-winning author of Hominids and FlashForward

"A great storyteller
ebook
Published March 29th 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Memories of the Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of the Dead Man

Laura Rainbow Dragon
For ten years Mary has struggled to protect her young son in a post-apocalyptic world. A deadly plague which decimated the human population and claimed the lives of Mary's daughter and husband has reverted North America to a lawless wild west in which the only rule is doing what one needs to do to survive. When Mary and Jase's survival is threatened by a band of thugs from an Alberta shantytown, Mary must forge a hasty alliance with Bishop--a man of legend known to most people as "the last Dead ...more
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
This was so stinking good! I was totally surprised. This was a short story that totally left me wanting more, which is a good thing right? Well, it hit it's mark.

This was a good semi doomsday story. Includes love, death, violence and how the hell do we move on kinda story line.
Ashley
A very nice little short story about a postapocalyptic time, and the characters were intriguing. The plot left me wanting more, and I have to say I was disappointed when the last page came up :(
Calley
Jan 05, 2012 Calley marked it as to-read
I will probably read it when there's a lull in library books on queue, as it was a free Kindle book.
Patrick D Rowland
Patrick D Rowland marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Scott Rose
Scott Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Meetta (Moretta)
Meetta (Moretta) marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Susan Andress
Susan Andress marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Shellie
Shellie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Amanda Lipe
Amanda Lipe marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Janyne
Janyne marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Douglas Smith
Sep 29, 2012 Douglas Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ghostleegirl
Ghostleegirl marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2012
Tracy
Tracy added it
Nov 10, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012
"His stories are a treasure trove of riches that will touch your heart while making you think." —Robert J. Sawyer, award-winning author

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I'm an award-winning Canadian author of fantasy, SF, horror, supernatural, and the ever popular "undefinable", with over a hundred story sales in thirty countries and twenty-five languages around the world.

I have won Canada's Aurora Award f
More about Douglas Smith...
Chimerascope Scream Angel Jigsaw By Her Hand, She Draws You Down The Wolf at the End of the World