Start by marking “The Naked Truth (The Confederacy Treaty, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Naked Truth (The Confederacy Treaty, #2)

The Naked Truth (The Confederacy Treaty #2)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  34 reviews

The only way she can prove her innocence is to allow Asler Kiis, a Confederacy Examiner, to delve into the depths of her mind. Asler is Inarri, the alien race that made contact with Earth just months before. His duty i

Published June 13th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Truth

Starshine by G.S. JennsenThe Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee SmithGrimspace by Ann AguirreFortune's Pawn by Rachel BachGames of Command by Linnea Sinclair
Best Adult Sci Fi Romance & Sci fi with Romance
222nd out of 345 books — 378 voters
Cataclysm by C.L. ParkerSupernova by C.L. ParkerSupernova by C.L. ParkerWhen You Dare by Lori FosterTrace of Fever by Lori Foster
2011 Books to Love
31st out of 35 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: June 13, 2011
Publisher: Carina Press
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.lillycain.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, The Confederacy Treaty Series
Series Best Read In Order: Worked well as a standalone
Steam Level: Hot

The people of Earth have recently discovered that they are not alone in the universe, and are in the process of forming a treaty with an allianc
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Every once in a while, you need a little escape from reality. And this little ebook gave me exactly that, served up with a healthy side-order of delectable sexy goodness.

Sue is an officer in Earth's space command, who was taken prisoner and tortured for information. But after she is rescued, she is accused of collusion with the enemy. So it falls to the sexy alien Asler to determine her guilt or innocence. Asler is an Examiner; he can touch others mind-to-mind to see the truth. But when he makes
Cocktails and Books
This one seemed to take me FOREVER to read. It started off good. Captain Susan Branscombe is taken captive and we meet her as her will have given up and she acknowledges that she is about to die. Those who took her captive, try to attack her base but are overpowered by the Starship Marines who ultimately rescue Susan. She’s badly injured, but you just know there is some kind of intrigue behind what has happened.

Now comes the part that had me forcing my way through the story. There’s intrigue, bu
MK (Food actvist)
Susan Branscombe was raised to be a fighter. A marine that wakes up to find herself in the presence of yet another alien. She had just been through an ordeal and now she must be questioned by Asler Kiis. To find the truth. Kiis is Innarii. An alien that uses telepathy as apart of interrogation. Susan is frightened of what she may have to endure at the hands of Kiis.

In the beginning of the book the story gives you an idea of what the Innarii are like as a race. Although Kiis needs to determine wh
Marlene
The Naked Truth is the second book in Lilly Cain's Confederacy Treaty series from Carina Press. The opening book in this series is Alien Revealed.

Captain Susan Branscombe of the Starforce Marines is cussing like a Marine in the opening of this book, and no wonder, she's been tortured and she hopes she doesn't survive, even though her captors' ship is now being invaded by her very own Marines. But survive she does, only to be accused of selling out to her captors and committing treason.

But Earth
Lyndi
Lack of a real climax makes this read lose a star. The whole story felt like an excuse to develop one single plot point of the overall story arc for this series. It was interesting, but not very satisfactory on the 'beating the bad guys' front.
Jonetta
Captain Susan Branscombe was the victim of brutal torture at the hands of terrorists. Though rescued, she's now facing an equally brutal accusation: treason. The only way she can prove her innocence is to allow Asler Kiis, a Confederacy Examiner, to delve into the depths of her mind. Asler is Inarrii, the alien race that made contact with Earth just months before. His duty is to find the truth, but when he explores Susan's mind he can't resist drawing her into a more intimate experience.

In the s
Tara SG
{3.5 Stars}

In Six Words

sexy sci-fi was a great escape

Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

After a mind-numbing week at work, I couldn’t bring myself to pick up Through the Ever Night due to the fact that I knew I wouldn’t be able to follow enough of the story.

So I started with a reread of Alien Revealed and was very pleasantly surprised to learn that more of the series had been released during my down time. I think I enjoyed this one even more than the first.

Tortured and yet strong female le
Beverly
My Thoughts:
Creatively clever story! The characters are incredible. Asler Kiis, although an alien, is the man we all wish we had, of course we wish this deep down inside and don't tell. He is everything a person can be in all ways: physically attractive, mentally gifted, emotionally stable, and psychologically secure. Susan Branscombe is the tough, rugged, patriotic, independent, dedicated woman we all try our best to be as often as we can. That she is damaged both physically and mentally from b
Beverly
My Thoughts:
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
The Naked Truth is another free eARC I received from Carina Press. I read and liked the story in Alien Revealed, the first book in the Confederacy Treaty series., and The Naked Truth has an equally good story. While The Naked Truth can stand-alone it did not hurt to have the background from reading Alien Revealed.

Lilly Cain says in her note to her readers:
“Welcome back to the world of the Confederacy Treaty where the fate of Earth lies in the hands of lovers from different worlds. On the surface
She-Wolf Reads
The Naked Truth is the second installment in Lilly Cain’s science fiction/erotic romance series, The Confederacy Treaty. Like the first book in the series, Alien Revealed, this one also follows the developing relationship between a human and an Inarri, an alien race looking to enter into an intergalactic treaty with Earth. The Naked Truth picks up where the first one left off and focuses on two characters that made small appearances in the first installment. This is a quick read that packs a ste ...more
Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten)
I received this book as an early read from netgalley.com
This was my first early copy of a book that I have ever gotten. I seem to be a sucker for sci-fi romances. I have to say that I really really liked this book. I think a part of me wanted to have a love affair with the book.

Firstly, we have Susan Branscombe. A seemingly hardass woman, that is part of the newly formed Marines that work throughout space. She is fresh of out being rescued from being captured and tortured. So, the natural vulne
Christi Snow
My Review:

I continue to really like this series. This is book #2 in the series and takes place just a few months after book #1 when first contact was made between humans and the Inarri. The two cultures are in the midst of working out a treaty, but that has been threatened when Sue is kidnapped and tortured and reveals the location of a base which is then attacked. She's accused of treason and everyone is trying to get to the bottom of exactly who the enemy is.

The Inarri have a foolproof way of
Mindy
The first book in this series is Alien Revealed. This book is not as overtly sensuous, not that it’s not sensuous it’s more subtle. Once again the Inarrii are present. They are involved in making a treaty with the Earth. During the treaty process, the ship they are meeting on is attacked, while it is defeated it is determined that a Starforce Marines officer is on board. To determine if she committed treason she is examined by the Inarrii examiner, who is skilled in mind speak examinations. Cap ...more
Jody
As the second book in The Confederacy Treaty series, the action picks up seamlessly from the previous installment with humans and the Inarri still trying to forge a contract before a dangerous alien force comes to wipe out the Earth. Political intrigue abounds as there's a traitor trying to derail the treaty talks with their identity being well hidden.

We were introduced to Captain Susan Branscombe in the previous book and saw a woman with strength and an abrasive and untrusting attitude. In The
Kelly
Sexy sci-fi is the ultimate escape for me. I love the potential futures that are presented, the aliens that we might someday meet, the idea that there's so much more out there than what we know right now. Plus, there's that whole sexy aspect of the sexy sci-fi genre. It turns out that futuristic sex is yummy.

This book really hit the spot as far as the sexy sci-fi goes. I mean, a sexy alien who can initiate mind-to-mind contact? I like it so far. The fact that his race celebrates the sensual plea
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Date reviewed: 7 June 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5439

‘The Naked Truth’ by Lilly Cain is not only highly sensual and sexy, but it’s highly captivating and emotional. The plot is rather complex, but it’s not complex enough to put me off. The book was beautifully written and I could relate myself to the main character and I feel for her.

I understand how it feels like to be accused of something you did not do and how frustrating it gets when people believe
Izzie Edwards
Mmm what a hot and steamy read. Captain Susan Branscombe is the victim of harsh torture even after she is rescued she lies broken and accused of torture. In order to prove she is innocent she must allow Asler Kiis an alien to probe her mind. The mental exploration he performs brings them closer together emotionally and sexually. Their emotions and bodies become entwined as their fates intersect and both of their lives and reputations rely on the outcome of the findings in Susan’s tortured mind. ...more
Julie Burns
I liked this one better than the first, there seemed more of a connection with the characters.
This book starts off with alliance getting of the ground. (The alien and human alliance.)
We met Susan from the first book, and I really didn't like her attitude in the first book. But In here I really connected with her. She is suppose to of betrayed the earth to an attack, we later find out she did, but not until she was horribly tortured.
Asler Kiis the Inarri court examiner, who has the duty
Susan
Once again, Author Lilly Cain has awakened my imagination and whet my appetite for Alien encounters. If Aliens truly were real, I'd love for them to be similar to the Inarri in Naked Truth, and the other books in The Confederacy Series.

I must confess that I was not impressed with the character of Susan Branscombe in the first book: Alien Revealed, but she has redeemed herself in Naked Truth. She is a tough military woman placed in very dangerous and difficult circumstances. She was captured and
Donna Alward
If you take your sci-fi with a bit of hot romance, then this is for you. This is the second novella in the Confederacy Series by Cain and you don't have to read the first one first (Alien Revealed) but I'd recommend it. What's so great about this installment isn't just the Confederacy plot or the romance but the depth of emotion Cain is able to bring to the characters through their form of communication. Lots of empathy for each other which really made me care about them.

I'm looking forward to
Kerry  sullivan
This novella is a hot little tail of love and acceptance. I was pulled into the story right from the first line and was hooked. I felt like I knew Alser and Susan so their story touched me. I found the attention to detail in the writing wonderful. Lilly Cain's imagination was laid bare on the page for us to enjoy and I have to say I loved what she did with the story and am looking forward to reading more from this very talented writer.
Melinda
A really good read. I can't imagine going through something that the main character Susan went through. I thought the author did a good job relaying the pain and fear without giving too many graphic details. I loved the building of the relationship between Kiis and Susan and the buildup of the investigation.

I had mixed emotions about the ending, but it was a happy ending non-the-less.
April
Great read! I am really enjoying this series. I purchased it from audible and have not been disappointed in the narrator. Can't wait for the next one!!

I really dig this series! I hope there is more to come!

A really interesting Sci-fi story. Really interesting and engaging characters. Oh and the steam was plentiful!! These are some hot and sensual aliens!!
Holly
I kind of like these futuristic sci-fi novels. I might have to look up more of them.

I liked the way the romance developed. It happened over a short period of time, but it was believable. The characters were well developed considering the timeline and the story was interesting.
Meche
they fell in love so easily, and it was so maddening because they really cared for each other andthey dindt know each other at all
Katie Q
If I was a sci-fi buff I may feel differently about this book. I don't mind a little but there was something really wrong with this story that I cannot out my finger on. I quit the book 25% through it was just plain annoying and wasting my time.
Kate
We could easily imagine all the places and the characters. The author described really well the situation, the personalies and the emotions. I love how the author buids up the emotions between Captain Susan and Asler Kiis.
Sara Hubbard
A great escape and an engaging read. I couldn't put this book down, and I'm not even a fan of science fiction. Lilly brought me to another world with her creativity and description. Move over vampires, hello aliens.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lilly Cain is a wild woman with a deep throaty laugh, plunging necklines and a great lover of all things sensual - perfume, chocolate, silk! She never has to worry about finding a date or keeping a man in line. She keeps her blonde hair long and curly, wears beautiful clothes and loves loud music. Lilly lives her private life in the pages of her books.

When not pretending to be Lilly, I am a single
More about Lilly Cain...

The Confederacy Treaty (3 books)
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Undercover Alliance (The Confederacy Treaty, #3)
Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1) No Reservations (Bad Girls Know #1) Undercover Alliance (The Confederacy Treaty, #3) Building Magic Dark Harmony (Dark Seduction, #1)