Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories, #2)

Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Three Reasons Why is a sequel to Kiss Me, Kate.

Wes wants Jill Harper in every possible way a man can want a woman. But she's resisting. Hard. When he learns she needs a handyman for her diner, he decides fate is smiling upon him-until Jill offers three reasons why they can't be together. Always up for a challenge, Wes decides to prove her ridiculous reasons unsound, one by...more
Published June 17th 2011 by Ellora's Cave

Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Patti
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Three Reasons Why is the story of Wes and Jill and the second book in the The Madison Stories series. After reading it, I enjoyed it so much, I had to pick up the first book, Kiss Me, Kate. This was a marvelous story and I was sorry that it was over so soon. I found myself hoping that there will be more to this series.

Jill Harper is a great character; she is strong, independent and sweet. Even...more
SirenBookReviews
The story of Jill and Wes is a continuation from Kiss Me, Kate with guest appearances of Both Rick and Kate, and with the first story Mari Carr knocked this one out of the park. The main characters, Wes and Jill, were so well written that they came alive on the page which really made reading this story such a pleasure to read. Having read several other works by Ms. Carr in the past I hoped that this story lived up to the high standards that I had gained from her previous books, and she has once...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

There is always that one guy, the one that makes you lose your mind and manages to make your clothes somehow melt off. The guy whose kiss is like a warm blanket on a cold winter morning. The guy that you lose total control with even when you know there is disaster looming up ahead. And it is worse when you know he feels the same way.

Wes is that guy for Jill. The guy she loves from the bottom of her soul and knows he feels the same. Bu...more
Heather in FL
This was kind of a heartwrenching story. I'd read teasers, but couldn't have known Jill's "secret" or why she didn't want to get involved with Wes. I loved the way he reacted to it once he got over his shock. And I loved how he pursued her... love me some alpha men! :-) A great follow-up to Kiss Me, Kate!
Katie
This one was just kind of meh for me. I really liked the first one in the duo, but this one just felt a little forced and couldn't hold my attention. Good writing as always, just not one of her best.
Kate
3.5. I really like the writing, although the angst may have been a little over done. I understand the h's problem, but she is so changeable in her actions it becomes a little annoying.
Check out my review at: Nocturne Romance Reads
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Karla
Fun but predictable. Loved that they had a story though. The ending was not what I wanted or expected though.
DGS
Review coming soon
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Turn the Page
Turn the Page marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
  • Driven (Cougar Challenge, #9)
  • Unwrapped
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Play Me
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Teamwork (Hot Ice, #4)
  • Master of Submission (Masters of Submission #1)
  • Closing the Deal (Wicked Warrens, #2)
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5)
  • Alpha vs. Alpha (True Mate Wolf, #2)
  • Everything to Lose
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Provoke Me (Unveiled, #2)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Her Double Delight (The Sinful 7 of Delite, Texas, #1)
  • Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho...more
More about Mari Carr...
Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2) Fix You (Second Chances, #1) Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4) Come Monday (Wild Irish, #1) Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1)