Start by marking “Welcoming, The” as Want to Read:
Welcoming, The

Welcoming, The

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  901 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Visitors come to Charity's friendly little inn to escape their ordinary lives. But FBI Agent Roman DeWinter knows something ugly is going on beneath the cozy surface. His mission is to expose the dangerous criminal gang operating out of the inn. Going undercover, Roman begins his investigation - which puts Charity's life on the line. A hit-and-run attack leaves her shaken ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 15th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Welcoming, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcoming, The

Megan
SOA Listening Challenge 2012, Track 4: Contemporary 1/4

This is a fun but forgettable listen: while you run, do dishes, drive, basically, while doing something else.

PLOT:
FBI Agent Roman DeWinter goes undercover at a bed-and-breakfast inn on Orcas island to uncover a counterfeiting and smuggling ring. Suspicion is on the Inn's attractive upbeat owner, Charity Ford, who is heavily involved in all aspects of running the Inn.

It becomes quickly clear to Roman that Charity is not a suspect. He finds s
Maura
This is a pretty decent little book - nothing earth shattering or spectacular but it kept me entertained and I enjoyed reading it. The story focuses on FBI Agent Roman DeWinter who has come to Charity's inn on the Orcas Islands to investigate something...only he's undercover, since Charity is also under suspicion. So he poses as a handyman and as surly as Roman is, Charity starts falling in love with him. What I enjoyed about Roman though is that, despite his gruff and sometimes rude behavior, o ...more
Audel
Roman s’installe là où le mènent ses enquêtes et cette vie d’errance lui convient parfaitement. Cette fois, il s’agit d’une petite île près de Seattle, réputée pour les baleines qu’on y apercevoir. Il est là pour enquêter sur un trafic de devises canadiennes dont le principal suspect est la propriétaire d’une auberge sur cette île et va se faire engager comme bricoleur. Or, dès leur rencontre, une attirance indéniable se forme entre les deux protagonistes. La romance est donc amenée dès les prem ...more
Mirjam
I'm a big Nora Roberts fan and haven't read a book by her I didn't like, and The Welcoming is no exception. It's one of her early works, which does show, but it's still an enjoyable read. Roman and Charity are easy to fall for. The undercover FBI-agent and the charming owner of an idyllic inn fall head over heels in love, but there is danger to avert. A lovely romance is the perfect read on a Sunday morning!
Duncan Mandel
#1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts presents a thrilling tale of love and danger. Available digitally for the first time. On the hunt for a dangerous gang, Federal Agent Roman DeWinter goes undercover and checks into Charity Ford's inn on Orcas Island. While Roman has never known the warmth of a home, he soon finds himself longing for the comfort of Charity's arms.But Roman has come looking for a criminal mastermind, and with all the evidence pointing to Charity, Roman isn't sure i ...more
Dee
Review haiku:
Inn on Puget Sound.
Smuggling and counterfeiting.
True love overcomes.
Kristiana S
Roman DeWinter seorang agen yang bertugas untuk memnyelidiki kasus pencucian dan pemalsuan uang yang dicurigai beroperasi di sebuah penginapan milik Charity Ford. Untuk melaksanakan tugasnya tersebut, Roman menyamar sebagai tukang kayu di penginapan Charity, yang dicurigai sebagai salah satu anggota organisasi kejahatan yang sedang diselidiki.
Dalam 24 jam perkenalannya dengan Charity Ford, Roman merasa yakin bahwa Charity tak bersalah. Charity bukanlah pelaku melainkan korban yang tak mengetahu
Fanny Roswita Ria
Setelah re-read ini novel,sptnya review juga hrs diperbaharui.Hehehehe

Ini cerita mengenai Hero dan Heroine yg bertemu krn kasus yg dikerjakan sang Hero. Roman De Winter, FBI, yg ditugaskan utk menyelidiki Charity, pemilik penginapa kecil di daerah Orcas, krn diduga ikut andil dlm melakukan kegiatan pencucian uang palsu. Kedatangan Roman&tipu muslihatnya membawa dirinya mendapatkan kerja di penginapan Charity sbg tukang kayu. Yang tdk diantisipasi adl Chemistry antara mrk berdua.

Charity, soso
Tarina
Visitors come to Charity’s friendly little inn to escape from their ordinary lives. But unbeknown to Charity, there is a criminal gang operating from within her inn. Roman DeWinter is assigned to go undercover and bring them down. So he poses as a handyman. But the last thing he expected was to fall in love with Charity….

It was an okish read. Given the storyline I thought it was going to be quite suspenseful but it wasn’t. It’s more of a romantic read instead.
Noemia
Barbara McGrath
The Welcoming

Another good Nora Roberts romantic novels.
I do enjoy them.
This plot was least of a thriller then some of her romantic thrillers.
I will continue reading her novels.
I do believe I enjoy her stories written under J.D. Robb more then her ones by Nora Roberts.
The woman (Nora Roberts) can and does write some well depicted novels.

Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Kehidupan tidak selalu mudah bagi Charity, tetapi dia adalah orang yang selalu berpikiran positif terhadap segala sesuatu, termasuk kepada Roman saat Roman membantu dia menggantikan ban dan menyatakan membutuhkan pekerjaan. Seketika, Roman mendapat pekerjaan di penginapan yg Charity kelola.
Jatuh cinta dan membuat Charity jatuh cinta padanya bukanlah sesuatu yg ROman rencanakan, menikahpun bukanlah hal yang tercantum dalam penugasannya kali ini. Tetapi Roman berusaha bersikap jujur kepada Charity
lora joint
Going through all the emotions.

Going through all the emotions.

Nora Roberts, never lets me down. very exciting, and funny. she describes the characters so well. always leaves me wanting more.
Lyndi

I really enjoyed this story until we got to the end, where Roman's big secret was revealed and Charity flew off the handle and stormed off without hearing his side of the story. This happens in too many stories and it's wearing me down. Especially in this circumstance, where the secret couldn't be revealed due to law enforcement involvement. That's a perfectly reasonable explanation and had I been in Charity's position, I probably wouldn't be all that upset. I certainly wouldn't torture
Jennifer Medina
Couldn't put down

Nora has done it again. She brings so much life into her characters that you feel part of the story.
Susan
easy to read if slightly predictable romance thriller. Good characters with some humour as well as drama .
Smita Basu
A pretty average book.nothing novel in the storyline.
Richelle
This was my first Nora Roberts book and I have to say I was expecting something different. I do not know really what went wrong. I liked the story line and I think it could have been improved on a lot more. Through some of my research I found that this is one of her older books were she was just getting started. I did not find some of the things believable. The timeline did not make sense to me, and the main character was kind of whiny. I could have done without that. I will however give her ano ...more
Denise ball
Welcoming

I always enjoy reading Nora Roberts books; she never lets me down. this book is no exception it is exceptional.
Ewa
3,5 stars
Gjbates
This book was written in the 80's and it was obvious when the hero smoked and needed to run to a pay phone to place a call. I'm a Nora Roberts fan and I enjoyed it, but I did think the heroine was annoying when she got so mad at the hero for doing his job.
It was definitely more romance than suspense, but there was some suspense with the hero being an undercover FBI agent.
Stephanie
Love it, from the first to the last word. It's really a good story
Kristie (fabk)
This book was just okay. Once again it felt rushed and reminded me of a later NR book in a few ways.
I found it a little distressing how much she wanted to belong to Roman. That's why she wanted to marry him, to belong to him. I just find that hard to digest, especially when the character is known for her independance.
Book Him Danno
Nothing amazing happens in this book, it is short and sweet with a bit of intrigue. An early work of the authors and one that is easy to forget about...I'm trying to clear my bookshelves of books that have been there awhile. One less now.
Marney
Short and sweet. I thought the plot was better done in Roberts "Risky Business" but still an OK read. I did have trouble with such a needy heroine and the reasoning behind being mad at Roman, was a bit thin. But still an enjoyable book.
Laura Ferry
My second ever book on cd. Nice for my travels. Keeps my mind engaged and oddly more alert while driving. The book kept my attention, I hate liars but I didn't hate these characters. Glad I listened to it.
Patricia Shannon
I read this years ago....got it for my Kindle. While I usually like Nora Roberts...very predictable as many of her books are. The ending was silly but as always I am glad the characters get together.
Judith
This was an interesting book with a good story line. I enjoyed Charity's story and liked how independent she was. The ending of the story was much too abrupt, it should have ended with more detail.
Tukang Kueh Keren
sama dengan buku sebelumnya, from this day...di sini juga settingnya penginapan sederhana gitu...di tepi pantai...selalu indah...biarpun jalan ceritanya sih...standar harlequin romance bukan?
Kathryn Hobson
Good book

I have always like Nora Roberts. This was a good one.
I would recommend it to my friends and anyone that likes Nora Roberts.
  • Charming Lily
  • Lone Star Surrender
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • Outrageous  (Blaze) (Harlequin Temptations, No 629)
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • Prime Time
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • His Secret Past
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Ya, Saya Bersedia, Tapi... (I Do, I Do... For Now)
  • Voyage: A Novel of 1896
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • A Season For Scandal: Tangled Reins & Fair Juno
  • The One-Night Wife (O'Connells, #5)
  • The Mistletoe Kiss
  • The One That Got Away
  • Just Married
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...