Start by marking “The Welcoming” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,859 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Visitors come to Charity’s friendly little inn to escape their ordinary lives. But FBI Agent Roman DeWinter knows something ugly is going on beneath the cozy surface. His mission is to expose the dangerous criminal gang operating out of the inn. Going undercover, Roman begins his investigation—which puts Charity’s life on the line. A hit-and-run attack leaves her shaken an ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 15th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Welcoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Welcoming

Bryn
May 20, 2015 Bryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Not her best but enjoyable. I love a bit of chick lit, romance and adventure
Megan
SOA Listening Challenge 2012, Track 4: Contemporary 1/4

This is a fun but forgettable listen: while you run, do dishes, drive, basically, while doing something else.

PLOT:
FBI Agent Roman DeWinter goes undercover at a bed-and-breakfast inn on Orcas island to uncover a counterfeiting and smuggling ring. Suspicion is on the Inn's attractive upbeat owner, Charity Ford, who is heavily involved in all aspects of running the Inn.

It becomes quickly clear to Roman that Charity is not a suspect. He finds s
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1989
Length: 246 pages
Setting: Contemporary, Orcas.
Sex: That 80s hand wave that pretends to be explicit but pulls the curtain at the final moment. Fairly frequent.
Hero: Mysterious. (view spoiler)
Heroine: Owner of B&B.

The type of book you are supposed to go into blind. Is he BadGuy or Good? Assassin or investigator?

I wasn’t enamoured of an ending where he has to crawl because she is stupid and untrusting. For someone so
Audel
Feb 04, 2014 Audel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roman s’installe là où le mènent ses enquêtes et cette vie d’errance lui convient parfaitement. Cette fois, il s’agit d’une petite île près de Seattle, réputée pour les baleines qu’on y apercevoir. Il est là pour enquêter sur un trafic de devises canadiennes dont le principal suspect est la propriétaire d’une auberge sur cette île et va se faire engager comme bricoleur. Or, dès leur rencontre, une attirance indéniable se forme entre les deux protagonistes. La romance est donc amenée dès les prem ...more
Mirjam
Sep 04, 2011 Mirjam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I'm a big Nora Roberts fan and haven't read a book by her I didn't like, and The Welcoming is no exception. It's one of her early works, which does show, but it's still an enjoyable read. Roman and Charity are easy to fall for. The undercover FBI-agent and the charming owner of an idyllic inn fall head over heels in love, but there is danger to avert. A lovely romance is the perfect read on a Sunday morning!
Late To Romance
Maura
Kristiana S
Jul 15, 2013 Kristiana S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-a-long, re-read
Roman DeWinter seorang agen yang bertugas untuk memnyelidiki kasus pencucian dan pemalsuan uang yang dicurigai beroperasi di sebuah penginapan milik Charity Ford. Untuk melaksanakan tugasnya tersebut, Roman menyamar sebagai tukang kayu di penginapan Charity, yang dicurigai sebagai salah satu anggota organisasi kejahatan yang sedang diselidiki.
Dalam 24 jam perkenalannya dengan Charity Ford, Roman merasa yakin bahwa Charity tak bersalah. Charity bukanlah pelaku melainkan korban yang tak mengetahu
Fanny Roswita Ria
Setelah re-read ini novel,sptnya review juga hrs diperbaharui.Hehehehe

Ini cerita mengenai Hero dan Heroine yg bertemu krn kasus yg dikerjakan sang Hero. Roman De Winter, FBI, yg ditugaskan utk menyelidiki Charity, pemilik penginapa kecil di daerah Orcas, krn diduga ikut andil dlm melakukan kegiatan pencucian uang palsu. Kedatangan Roman&tipu muslihatnya membawa dirinya mendapatkan kerja di penginapan Charity sbg tukang kayu. Yang tdk diantisipasi adl Chemistry antara mrk berdua.

Charity, soso
Noemia
Jul 25, 2012 Noemia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Visitors come to Charity’s friendly little inn to escape from their ordinary lives. But unbeknown to Charity, there is a criminal gang operating from within her inn. Roman DeWinter is assigned to go undercover and bring them down. So he poses as a handyman. But the last thing he expected was to fall in love with Charity….
LateNiteReader
Apr 10, 2016 LateNiteReader rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was originally published in 2003, despite the 2012 date given. I got a little suspicious when they started talking about "computer diskettes". I don't get it...Nora has written what, 200 books? Is it really necessary to repackage old ones to make it look like a new release?

One star review because I hate being lied to. The book itself is probably 2 or 3 stars, which is why I don't bother with her work from this era.
Suzanne Cotton
Feb 08, 2016 Suzanne Cotton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fed and the inn keeper

Great book, but I expect nothing less from Nora Roberts. Roman and Charity are drawn to each other like magnets, makes for a sweet although rocky relationship. She's sweet and independent, he's big bad lawman, but she seems to bring out the loving and caring part of him. Great characters, good storyline another thumbs up for Nora Roberts.
Barbara McGrath
Sep 05, 2014 Barbara McGrath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Welcoming

Another good Nora Roberts romantic novels.
I do enjoy them.
This plot was least of a thriller then some of her romantic thrillers.
I will continue reading her novels.
I do believe I enjoy her stories written under J.D. Robb more then her ones by Nora Roberts.
The woman (Nora Roberts) can and does write some well depicted novels.

Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Kehidupan tidak selalu mudah bagi Charity, tetapi dia adalah orang yang selalu berpikiran positif terhadap segala sesuatu, termasuk kepada Roman saat Roman membantu dia menggantikan ban dan menyatakan membutuhkan pekerjaan. Seketika, Roman mendapat pekerjaan di penginapan yg Charity kelola.
Jatuh cinta dan membuat Charity jatuh cinta padanya bukanlah sesuatu yg ROman rencanakan, menikahpun bukanlah hal yang tercantum dalam penugasannya kali ini. Tetapi Roman berusaha bersikap jujur kepada Charity
Ruthanne Kay
Sep 22, 2015 Ruthanne Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

I am partial to the stories that center around law enforcement. I love the FBI series and now I have a new story to love. Beautifully written love story with the happy ending I always hope for. Absolutely love the characters and hope to see more of them! Excellent read.
Marci Kimball
Sadly, I realized I had read this book before!

That did not make me happy; however, since I did not remember the details, it was pretty good! Tamer that books I am use to reading, it was still pretty good! Love good endings!!!!
lora joint
Mar 11, 2014 lora joint rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going through all the emotions.

Going through all the emotions.

Nora Roberts, never lets me down. very exciting, and funny. she describes the characters so well. always leaves me wanting more.
Barnaby
Jun 18, 2015 Barnaby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Roberts writes romance quite well, hurriedly tied-up thriller plot lets the book down. Having said that, she does attempt to flesh out her characters more than their stereotypical and predictable roles demand, so she gets plus points for not being entirely lazy with the characterisation.
Lyndi
Sep 03, 2012 Lyndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this story until we got to the end, where Roman's big secret was revealed and Charity flew off the handle and stormed off without hearing his side of the story. This happens in too many stories and it's wearing me down. Especially in this circumstance, where the secret couldn't be revealed due to law enforcement involvement. That's a perfectly reasonable explanation and had I been in Charity's position, I probably wouldn't be all that upset. I certainly wouldn't torture
Diana L Thomas
Apr 22, 2016 Diana L Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just ok

A love story but not much else. Nora usually has another story to go along with the love story and I missed that here. Not what Nora usually delivers.
Janet L. Thompson
Happy Heart

Love the sensibility of the female character and the softness of the tough rugged male. Great story to read. Recommended read.
June
Aug 05, 2015 June rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
FBI agent and hotel owner meet within 2 days she is in love he probably needs a week of them together. Good that this is fiction fulfils the description.
michael w beaulieu
Good read sorry it's a reprint

I love a good read and enjoyed this book again. I will not pass this volume to my granddaughters it is to sexy for young teens.
Jennifer Medina
Sep 08, 2014 Jennifer Medina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put down

Nora has done it again. She brings so much life into her characters that you feel part of the story.
Sindia Grant
Great love story

Nora Roberts has always delivered a great love story. Book had an excellent plot, and a few twists made this book so interesting, I couldn't put the book down.
Sonia Cristina
3.5 estrelas

Acabou por ser melhor do que parecia no início, em todos os aspetos. Gostei da forma como a relação de Charity e Roman se desenvolveu e a trama por trás, que levou Roman infiltrado a trabalhar na pousada, também foi boa.

Gostava de ter uma pousada como a de Charity, parece um lugar idílico para viver de forma menos stressante. Isto, claro, se não andarem criminosos por lá.
Susan
Aug 11, 2014 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy to read if slightly predictable romance thriller. Good characters with some humour as well as drama .
Shawn
May 30, 2016 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite but an enjoyable story w a bit of adventure. Dumb title.
Josephine
The characters in these novellas didn't work for me. This was a DNF.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Charming Lily
  • Random Acts
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • Outrageous  (Blaze) (Harlequin Temptations, No 629)
  • Lone Star Surrender
  • Pelajaran Cinta (Lesson To Learn)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • His Secret Past
  • The Forbidden Princess
  • The One That Got Away
  • Uneasy Alliance
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • Jack's Baby
  • Sang Dokter Biliuner / Billionaire Doctor, Ordinary Nurse
  • Sang Konsulen Spanyol (Westerling, #1)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

“that” 0 likes