Start by marking “Absolutely, Positively” as Want to Read:
Absolutely, Positively

Absolutely, Positively

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,573 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
In her brightest, sexiest romance ever, the bestselling author of Grand Passion, Family Man, and Hidden Talents, among others, creates a superbly entertaining story that pairs a handsome scientist and his formula for the perfect affair with a Seattle career woman who puts the craziness of love into the equation.
Published April 15th 1999 by Pocket Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely, Positively, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely, Positively

Vicki
Apr 22, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
There was so much I loved about this book. Molly and Harry were amazing characters. They both had eccentric families and had worked to overcome that part of their history.

Molly's father was an inventor and the robots and gadgets were so well described that I wanted to have some of them in my home. Molly's father had left her in charge of the foundation that granted funds to up and coming inventors. She wanted to make the best decisions possible so she hired Harry as the investment consultant.

H
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 07, 2014 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Molly's probably my favorite heroine of my recent Krentz binge. She's tough and insightful and courageous and able to strike that balance between helping somebody and trying to take over their life.

I'm not as sanguine about Harry. Oh, I liked his personality a lot. He's single minded and determined and obsessively rational, but also kind and deeply committed to helping other people, even when he gets nothing in return. Indeed, it's only through Molly's intervention that the people around him rea
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
I was skeptical about it when I started .. the inventions .. the theories .. the business talk .. it sounded a little boring at the beginning but then I got to know the characters and before I knew it I found myself enjoying everything about them.

Molly was E.P.I.C , I laughed out loud at her quirky ways .. like really really laughed .. the way she handled Harry's family was hilarius .. and I especially loved the faith she had in herself and in Harry , awesome heroine. Harry was a very strange
Carrie
3.5* but I'm rounding up this time for Goodreads. I sometimes round down, it just depends on how the book felt overall. Sometimes it doesn't do to over-analyze why I enjoy some books more than the writing and plot dictates I should, but there you go. I enjoyed this book, really loved the main characters even though Harry was a bit too uptight. ;-) I generally hate obnoxious, manipulative relatives, but I have to say, Krentz pulled it off here because of the great way Molly and Harry handled them ...more
Theresa
Apr 16, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely a Great Book!

I loved Harry and Molly! Hope the author has a sequel in store, because I want to meet their daughter! Loved the way both sides of Harry's family were so opposite but really the same. What a great book!
Jane Stewart
Story was ok but had some weak parts. The audiobook narrator was awful.

It’s been a while since I read a Krentz book, but this book reminded me that she frequently writes similar things. I’m not complaining, just noticing.

1. The importance of family. And using family names as character descriptions, as if all family members have the same abilities. You hear a lot of he’s a Trevelyan, or The Trevelyans this, The Trevelyans that.

2. Paranormal/psychic ability. Harry has this, but he refuses to admit
Gizella Tóth
Jul 09, 2015 Gizella Tóth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aranyos, pont nekem való pihentető történet, és nincs benne túl-túl a para. Végre ismét valami igazi JAK-ceset olvashattam. Kár, hogy még egy olyan kiváló fordító, mint PÁ sem tudja, hogy a French toast továbbra sem francia pirítós, és T-t tegezzük, de dr. T-t már magázzuk. Szomorú, hogy kikopik a magyar nyelv eme finom árnyalata, és lassan (de biztosan) hozzásilányulunk az angolhoz. :(
Rexanne

"Weird."
That's the first thing that came to mind when I started reading 'Absolutely, Positively'.

It's a contemporary romance that borders on the paranormal level. There's a Sherlock type hero with a dysfunctional family and a heroine from a line of inventors. There's
weird products and gadgets.

I found it delightfully weird, but it's weirdness isn't enough to warrant a 5 star review from me.
Cruth
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
First published: 1996
Length: 358 pages, 6756 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary, Seattle.
Sex: Explicit. Reasonably frequent.
Hero: Tech consultant.
Heroine: Owner of Tea&Spice company.

Very similar to later, historical, Krentz/Castle/Quick books:
- wind up toys (which have evil connotations in her Looking Glass trilogy.
- light paranormal (Arcane Series and various contemporaries (Hidden Talents, Dark Legacy series).
- with heroine feels the Hero feels more than he claim
Maria
Another of my top five favorites by Ms. Krentz, this book is entertaining while showplacing her ability to create great characters and smooth dialogue. The suspense isn't bad either, although since I re-read all her books annually, plot has begun to take second place to meeting old friends. I already know what is going to happen, after all. My only complaint - Ms. Krentz doesn't publish fast enough to keep up with my ability to read her books.
Beth
Jun 30, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing
I absolutely, positively love this story. It is one of my very favorite JAK stories and never fails to bring a smile to my face. I find intelligence very sexy and here you have 2 very smart people who each have a little something extra.

Molly Abberwick runs a Tea and Spice Shop and comes from a family of eccentric inventors. She lives in a house full of useful gadgets including a food assembly machine and has a basement full of robotic toys.

Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyan is a true renaissance man
Penny
Jun 15, 2014 Penny rated it really liked it
Full disclosure -- Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors and I'm predisposed to liking everything she writes. This includes her alter egos Amanda Quick (historical) and Jayne Castle (futuristic).

Krentz has a signature style: feisty, intelligent heroine and a broody/taciturn (yet compelling!) hero must work together to solve a mystery or accomplish some task wrought with suspense. It's a style I like. It works for me.

That being said, Absolutely, Positively is one of Krentz's best. It is
Meredith
Jan 27, 2012 Meredith rated it it was amazing
This is the book most JAK fans cite as their favorite. I personally prefer Grand Passions (Max and his suitcase have a very special place in my heart), but this is definitely one of her best.

My major problem with this story is a personal one: the book starts after Harry and Molly have met. I understand the reasoning, and it works well, but I feel like we missed out on something since there is no first meet in the book. And let's be honest, this isn't really a big problem, just a quirk.

There are
Anna Pearce
Jun 22, 2012 Anna Pearce rated it it was ok
I hated this book.

Okay, "hated" is a very strong word, and I did finish the book, so obviously I didn't hate it that much, but I haaaaaated this book. And then I felt bad because I'm sure the author is a lovely person and I know she's quite popular.

It was actually pretty funny that this is the book that I randomly decided to read as my break from history of science stuff because the male love interest is an historian/philosopher of history. (I laughed and laughed and laughed when I got to that p
Diane ~Firefly~
Jan 10, 2016 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book and it holds up well on a re-read.

Molly hires Harry to look over invention proposals for the foundation she is in charge of, but is disappointed as he hasn't approved any yet.

What I enjoyed:
* Molly. She has made her own way and is very positive and all about helping others. She has plenty of confidence in her decisions (view spoiler)
* Harry. He is very brooding. He is trying to u
Jessi
I re-read this book every couple of years because I like the relationship development between Harry and Molly. They already have a little bit of a relationship because Molly has hired Harry as an advisor to help her decide which projects to fund with the trust that she has been given. There has always been a spark of attraction between the two of them and Harry is ready to take it to the next level. They discover many commonalities, both raised teenagers after parents had died, both are committe ...more
Angelika
Dec 26, 2014 Angelika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reci, 2014
3,5 stars
Jackie
Aug 23, 2014 Jackie rated it really liked it
“Absolutely Positively” by Jayne Krentz is a modern romance with a slight hint of paranormal possibilities and the house created by the heroine’s father, who could have been described as a mad scientist/inventor. Many of his inventions worked well but were not ideal for the marketplace. Molly Abberwick owns a tea & spice store and manages a large trust fund named for her late father. The purpose of the trust is to fund likely inventions, as her father frequently could not find the financial ...more
Deranged Dreamer
Jun 19, 2016 Deranged Dreamer rated it really liked it
Very entertaining
Robin
Jul 27, 2014 Robin rated it it was ok
Molly Abberwick is frustrated with the consultant she hired to approve grants through her late father's foundation. Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyn has read hundreds of proposals and has rejected every one. Molly finds him impossible to work with, except for the fact that he is brilliant, sexy, and has asked her on a date. Harry has his own problems. He is caught between the two sides of his family...trying to keep the family feud from getting out of control. As Molly and Harry get to know each othe ...more
Amanda
Feb 15, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I've read this author's books under her Amanda Quick pen name, and I really enjoyed those. This was my first JAK penned novel, and my opinions were kind of all over the place with it. The dialogue felt a little stilted to me, some of the scenes seemed redundant, and the heroine was sometimes likable and sometimes just annoying. It felt like the author couldn't get a good feel for her female lead.

But then there were parts that I loved. I loved the male lead. I loved the first erotic scene betwee
Kevin Connery
Feb 09, 2010 Kevin Connery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Solid Krentz mystery/romance. Inventor financier and someone who doesn
Mudpie
Sep 12, 2015 Mudpie rated it really liked it
I did not think I'd like both Harry and Molly as much as I did by the end of the book. Absolutely love how Molly took charge of the family feud and protected Harry. Wanted to hate the shrink ex-fiancée but in the end we knew her back story and all in all come to like the secondary cast too. I read lots of JAK back in school days and can't help but feel the author has a set template for her h/H and no matter which era they live in they maintain their quirky characteristics and make them distinctl ...more
Maggie
Jul 29, 2015 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-romance
Harry and Molly are amazing, in the truest sense of the word. They amaze me. Harry is incredibly brilliant, seemingly cold but deeply nurturing towards his family and fully prepared to discuss a romantic attachment with Molly, who sought him out as a consultant for her research-charity from the trust her father left her. Molly was raised around brilliance, caring for her sister and ready to care for Harry, in her own way.

It's very satisfying to have a confident male lead who is selective in the
WillowBe
Dec 08, 2009 WillowBe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book she distilled the tall, dark, mysterious, potentially dangerous stranger. Also in this book, I think she did the best of delineating the NEED the male protagonist has for the heroine. In only one other book does she have such a vulnerable male charactar who emotes deeply and shares his feelings and is transformed by the love of the heroine. In this book and the other it is understandable how submerged violence in the man is actuallly a sign of great tenderness fired by need. This is ...more
Sarja
Nov 16, 2008 Sarja rated it it was ok
This was my second JAK book (the first being Family Man - which I thoroughly enjoyed). I haven't checked the dates to see which of these two books was published first but the character's family situations in AP were extremely similar to those in FM (i.e. parents of both hero and heroine dead, either hero or heroine OR both having raised a younger sibling on their own, either hero or heroine being the go-to person for other family members to air their problems to etc) so having already purchased ...more
Olga Godim
Nov 03, 2012 Olga Godim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The novel was a predictably joyous read, a romantic suspense from one of my favorite writers.
The plot revolves around the two protagonists: Molly and Harry. A successful businesswoman, Molly owns her own tea shop. She also manages a Foundation – her inventor father’s legacy – with a mandate to give out grants to young and poor inventors. Here comes Harry, a technical consultant Molly hires to check up applications for Foundation grants.
Romance ensues despite the differences between the heroes.
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a fairly new author for me and none of her books have grabbed me that much. They are very typical of romance, but most seemed to focus around technology about 10 years or more out of date. Molly is the trustee of her inventor father’s institute, and she hires Harry to help her to weed out the cons from the applications. She is about to give up and plans to fire Harry. Instead he talks her into keeping on, and going on a date with him. When someone tries to scare her, he becomes protectiv ...more
Nenya
Jul 21, 2015 Nenya rated it it was amazing
One of my fav JAK. My only quibble is (view spoiler)

Oh, btw "Without an inside connection, the probability of winning a large stuffed animal approaches infinity"... ummm... a) probability only ranges from 0 to 1, b) the probability in this case approaches zero, chances of winning, one in ... a huge number... i'm sure there are a lot
Gab
Apr 07, 2016 Gab rated it really liked it
Great book if you don't read the last chapter. The end of chapter 22 finishes book nicely - if you take my advice & finish it there you'll go away happy.
This was a great book with likable characters, good story line, romance & mystery.
The Audible sample audio put me off initially - but this sample does not reflect book but takes a situation out of context.
Last chapter wrecked book for me - but as I'd really only took of 1.5 stars due to it.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Absolutely, Positively (1996) 1 2 Sep 27, 2012 01:00PM
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Affair
  • To Tame the Hunter
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...

“The very fact that you can even wonder if you’re going crazy means you very likely aren’t crazy. Real nuts don’t question their own nuttiness. They think they’re the only normal ones. That’s why they’re nuts.” 1 likes
“Absolute certainty is the greatest of all illusions.” 0 likes