Start by marking “Absolutely, Positively” as Want to Read:
Absolutely, Positively
Preview

Absolutely, Positively

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  3,027 ratings  ·  78 reviews
In her brightest, sexiest romance ever, the bestselling author of Grand Passion, Family Man, and Hidden Talents, among others, creates a superbly entertaining story that pairs a handsome scientist and his formula for the perfect affair with a Seattle career woman who puts the craziness of love into the equation.
Published April 15th 1999 by Pocket Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely, Positively, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely, Positively

Jacob Proffitt
Molly's probably my favorite heroine of my recent Krentz binge. She's tough and insightful and courageous and able to strike that balance between helping somebody and trying to take over their life.

I'm not as sanguine about Harry. Oh, I liked his personality a lot. He's single minded and determined and obsessively rational, but also kind and deeply committed to helping other people, even when he gets nothing in return. Indeed, it's only through Molly's intervention that the people around him rea
Carrie
3.5* but I'm rounding up this time for Goodreads. I sometimes round down, it just depends on how the book felt overall. Sometimes it doesn't do to over-analyze why I enjoy some books more than the writing and plot dictates I should, but there you go. I enjoyed this book, really loved the main characters even though Harry was a bit too uptight. ;-) I generally hate obnoxious, manipulative relatives, but I have to say, Krentz pulled it off here because of the great way Molly and Harry handled them ...more
Jane Stewart
Story was ok but had some weak parts. The audiobook narrator was awful.

It’s been a while since I read a Krentz book, but this book reminded me that she frequently writes similar things. I’m not complaining, just noticing.

1. The importance of family. And using family names as character descriptions, as if all family members have the same abilities. You hear a lot of he’s a Trevelyan, or The Trevelyans this, The Trevelyans that.

2. Paranormal/psychic ability. Harry has this, but he refuses to admit
Maria
Another of my top five favorites by Ms. Krentz, this book is entertaining while showplacing her ability to create great characters and smooth dialogue. The suspense isn't bad either, although since I re-read all her books annually, plot has begun to take second place to meeting old friends. I already know what is going to happen, after all. My only complaint - Ms. Krentz doesn't publish fast enough to keep up with my ability to read her books.
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
I was skeptical about it when I started .. the inventions .. the theories .. the business talk .. it sounded a little boring at the beginning but then I got to know the characters and before I knew it I found myself enjoying everything about them.

Molly was E.P.I.C , I laughed out loud at her quirky ways .. like really really laughed .. the way she handled Harry's family was hilarius .. and I especially loved the faith she had in herself and in Harry , awesome heroine. Harry was a very strange
Penny
Full disclosure -- Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors and I'm predisposed to liking everything she writes. This includes her alter egos Amanda Quick (historical) and Jayne Castle (futuristic).

Krentz has a signature style: feisty, intelligent heroine and a broody/taciturn (yet compelling!) hero must work together to solve a mystery or accomplish some task wrought with suspense. It's a style I like. It works for me.

That being said, Absolutely, Positively is one of Krentz's best. It is
Meredith
This is the book most JAK fans cite as their favorite. I personally prefer Grand Passions (Max and his suitcase have a very special place in my heart), but this is definitely one of her best.

My major problem with this story is a personal one: the book starts after Harry and Molly have met. I understand the reasoning, and it works well, but I feel like we missed out on something since there is no first meet in the book. And let's be honest, this isn't really a big problem, just a quirk.

There are
Anna Pearce
I hated this book.

Okay, "hated" is a very strong word, and I did finish the book, so obviously I didn't hate it that much, but I haaaaaated this book. And then I felt bad because I'm sure the author is a lovely person and I know she's quite popular.

It was actually pretty funny that this is the book that I randomly decided to read as my break from history of science stuff because the male love interest is an historian/philosopher of history. (I laughed and laughed and laughed when I got to that p
Jackie
“Absolutely Positively” by Jayne Krentz is a modern romance with a slight hint of paranormal possibilities and the house created by the heroine’s father, who could have been described as a mad scientist/inventor. Many of his inventions worked well but were not ideal for the marketplace. Molly Abberwick owns a tea & spice store and manages a large trust fund named for her late father. The purpose of the trust is to fund likely inventions, as her father frequently could not find the financial ...more
Theresa
Absolutely a Great Book!

I loved Harry and Molly! Hope the author has a sequel in store, because I want to meet their daughter! Loved the way both sides of Harry's family were so opposite but really the same. What a great book!
Robin
Molly Abberwick is frustrated with the consultant she hired to approve grants through her late father's foundation. Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyn has read hundreds of proposals and has rejected every one. Molly finds him impossible to work with, except for the fact that he is brilliant, sexy, and has asked her on a date. Harry has his own problems. He is caught between the two sides of his family...trying to keep the family feud from getting out of control. As Molly and Harry get to know each othe ...more
Amanda
I've read this author's books under her Amanda Quick pen name, and I really enjoyed those. This was my first JAK penned novel, and my opinions were kind of all over the place with it. The dialogue felt a little stilted to me, some of the scenes seemed redundant, and the heroine was sometimes likable and sometimes just annoying. It felt like the author couldn't get a good feel for her female lead.

But then there were parts that I loved. I loved the male lead. I loved the first erotic scene betwee
Kevin Connery
Solid Krentz mystery/romance. Inventor financier and someone who doesn
Beth
I absolutely, positively love this story. It is one of my very favorite JAK stories and never fails to bring a smile to my face. I find intelligence very sexy and here you have 2 very smart people who each have a little something extra.

Molly Abberwick runs a Tea and Spice Shop and comes from a family of eccentric inventors. She lives in a house full of useful gadgets including a food assembly machine and has a basement full of robotic toys.

Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyan is a true renaissance man
WillowBe
In this book she distilled the tall, dark, mysterious, potentially dangerous stranger. Also in this book, I think she did the best of delineating the NEED the male protagonist has for the heroine. In only one other book does she have such a vulnerable male charactar who emotes deeply and shares his feelings and is transformed by the love of the heroine. In this book and the other it is understandable how submerged violence in the man is actuallly a sign of great tenderness fired by need. This is ...more
Sarja
This was my second JAK book (the first being Family Man - which I thoroughly enjoyed). I haven't checked the dates to see which of these two books was published first but the character's family situations in AP were extremely similar to those in FM (i.e. parents of both hero and heroine dead, either hero or heroine OR both having raised a younger sibling on their own, either hero or heroine being the go-to person for other family members to air their problems to etc) so having already purchased ...more
Olga Godim
The novel was a predictably joyous read, a romantic suspense from one of my favorite writers.
The plot revolves around the two protagonists: Molly and Harry. A successful businesswoman, Molly owns her own tea shop. She also manages a Foundation – her inventor father’s legacy – with a mandate to give out grants to young and poor inventors. Here comes Harry, a technical consultant Molly hires to check up applications for Foundation grants.
Romance ensues despite the differences between the heroes.
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a fairly new author for me and none of her books have grabbed me that much. They are very typical of romance, but most seemed to focus around technology about 10 years or more out of date. Molly is the trustee of her inventor father’s institute, and she hires Harry to help her to weed out the cons from the applications. She is about to give up and plans to fire Harry. Instead he talks her into keeping on, and going on a date with him. When someone tries to scare her, he becomes protectiv ...more
Mariachiara
Ok lo ammetto la trama e i personaggi di questo libro somigliano molto a quelli di alcuni suoi libri della serie Vanza o Arcane Society, ma con alcune fondamentali differenze, e io adoro lo stile di Jayne Ann Krentz quel mix di ironia e personaggi fuori dalle righe, intensi e con quel pizzico di paranormal che basta e poi la capacità di far ridere con il romance io la apprezzo sempre. E' una delle mie autrici preferite anche quando si ripete un poco.
Maxine
A classic JAK novel.

I felt that this one got off to a slow start, but did pick up after a while.
The 'mystery' was a bit unnecessary here, I think these two people would have worked better with more internal dialogue, but it was a cute read anyway.

I will say though that the secondary characters here (family and friends) were all complete jerks. I realize it's a romance novel and there needs to be tension, but all of these people were unbelievably patronizing and rude. After all the two main chara
Jessi
I re-read this book every couple of years because I like the relationship development between Harry and Molly. They already have a little bit of a relationship because Molly has hired Harry as an advisor to help her decide which projects to fund with the trust that she has been given. There has always been a spark of attraction between the two of them and Harry is ready to take it to the next level. They discover many commonalities, both raised teenagers after parents had died, both are committe ...more
Cindy
Love a geeky hero and a spunky heroine! When you add in con men, crazy inventors, feuding families, carnies and old money, it leads to an excellent romance. There's a hint of second sight and some bonding by old Marines, but mostly it is a sweet love story of two opposites attracting. I've had this book for years and still pull it out to reread, like I did today.
Deb
Great contemporary romance with a twist of paranormal (hero has some psychic ability). Molly and Harry are equally great characters alone and together as a couple. Loved them both. Loved the zany cast of characters who made up Harry's extended family. LOL moments interspersed with a lot of touching moments.
Debbie Katauskas
Awesome

a friend of Debbie. Jayne ann Krentz I loved it and enjoyed thoroughly. it was awesomely, terrifically cool. I would give it 6 stars, but the limit is 5. I would recommend this to someone who likes romance with mystery in the mix!!
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

Great characters, great sex, and funny. The heroine was quirky, funny and quick witted. The hero was hunky, sexy and clueless about relationships. Highly recommend.
Erika
Harry- nejaké paranormálne schopnosti, Molly z rodiny vedátorov, pekné čítanie, lepšie než Quicková a jedno z tých fajných od Krentz. Grand passion je ale lepšia a Krehké šťastie tiež.
Diana
I enjoyed the this. Easy, fun read - and what I expect from JAK. I especially like how the author united the families. Great beach read and has be re-released recently as an ebook.
Christina Hickey
Absolutely,positively

Another great read from Jayne! She really does a great job of making her paranormal abilities seem like a possibility.
Gail Traynor
Absolutely, positively weird to coin a word from the book. Thought this would be a quick put me to sleep novel, but it was disturbing in its ineptness.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Absolutely, Positively (1996) 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 01:00PM
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Wicked Widow
  • Raven's Prey
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7) (Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3) All Night Long White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)