Start by marking “It's Here-- Somewhere” as Want to Read:
It's Here-- Somewhere

It's Here-- Somewhere

Fulton & Hatch go step-by-step through every room, advising what to keep, and where to keep it.
Published February 1st 1991 by Writer's Digest Books (first published December 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about It's Here-- Somewhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Here-- Somewhere

Cam
Jul 08, 2010 Cam added it
This is one of the best organization books I've read. I attended one of this woman's classes at the successful mothering convention, and I really feel like I benefited from her perspective.
We may hold onto something because we might need it someday, but there's someone who needs it today. If we are willing to let things go, we will bless the lives of others. And if we happen to need that thing, we can go next door and the neighbor will have 3 of them they're not using, or God will somehow put i
Karen
Jan 08, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: simplicity, 2012
"Trade shuffling for shoveling." lol So true. So many of us hold on to things we think we might use SOMEDAY when what we should be doing is passing them along so that someone can use that item TODAY. Unlike similar books, this book advocates streamlining before trying to organize, determining the keepers from the tossers and working with your space, rather than against it. Organizing is easy once you have the space to do so. =)

Since moving back across the country a little over 5 months ago, I've
Kammie
Oct 24, 2013 Kammie rated it it was amazing
Mainstreaming and centers are an awesome idea! I love that it made me think about how often I use an item. I am much happier with my spices that I use most frequently in my door shelf and my food coloring is downstairs in my pantry with the frosting. Our family room also feels larger as we moved ALL the exercise and play equipment to one of the room and the scrapbooking by the computer. I don't know if I agree about having everything off the counter to make it easier to clean because I use some ...more
Tiffany
Jan 07, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite organizing book!! I usually take what I can from all types of organizing and customize it for myself but this book goes through the layout and the organizing of each room improving the function tenfold. Love it!!
Apr 02, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book is the organizational Bible for anyone trying to keep clutter under control. It changed the way I think about my "stuff." Some of the things I learned from this book:
1. Just because it's good stuff, doesn't mean you have to keep it.
2. When you are having trouble parting with something, think of the maintenance involved in keeping it.
3. Do I need it, want it, like it, use it, or have room for it?
4. Simplifying your life can give you more time, space, and money.
5. Giving something away t
Melissa
Apr 01, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it
Although many of these "de-cluttering" books are very much the same, this one is enjoyable and motivating. It's concept of "streamlining" does go beyond some of the more common methods of de-cluttering by throwing away, giving away, putting away. I really liked the book and am finding my house of 8 much more streamlined because of many methods suggested!
Katie Miller
Aug 21, 2011 Katie Miller rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I skipped part of the book (due to not having half the rooms they described, living in a small apartment). It was interesting, but a bit dated. They have an obsession with hanging things in drawstring bags, too. Still, if you feel overwhelmed but the sheer amount of things in your house, this book would probably be a good idea.
Aug 29, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who needs help organizing and/or prioritizing!
Recommended to Stephanie by: the diva of organized, Kristina B.
I have two of these books!!! Heaven forbid I ever be without it! It is my personal home organizational bible. What I love also, is when I find myself getting into an organizational slump, I just pick up this book and even just read one chapter and I am revved up again to get my life in order. Love it, love it, love it!
Angie
Aug 30, 2008 Angie rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book that gave me a reality check on de-junking & organizing my house. I heard the author speak and then bought her book and loved it. It was written quite a few years ago and some of the ideas are a little outdated, but overall most of it is very applicable.
Feb 15, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Great organization tips and motivational ideas.
Tracy
Dec 20, 2008 Tracy rated it liked it
Good book to help you get motivated to clean and organize your home. There are ideas on how to organize, how to know what to keep and what to toss, etc. I read it when I feel the need for a good dejunking!
Karen
Jan 27, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing
One of the best decluttering/ organizing books out there EVER. I always pull it out this time of year to motivate me to declutter. The author has simple, workable system that's incredibly effective.
Danielle
Mar 20, 2014 Danielle rated it it was ok
This was good...I only skimmed it once I realized that it was detailed in how to get rid of things and how to go room to room. PRobably a GREAT read if you are just getting started.
Kim
Mar 11, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
very good book on de-cluttering... making space, a lot of great tips for how to start and follow through... i am in serious need of taking this advice
Aug 31, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Now all I have to do it put the things I learned to use. I have "streamlined" before, but I want to do it again and keep it that way.
Katie
Nov 20, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book. It is quite a few years old but timeless principles for home organization and de-cluttering.
Danni
Mar 05, 2013 Danni rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It had some good ideas. I think the worst room is the laundry room. I will have to think on it.
Brianna
Jul 08, 2010 Brianna marked it as to-read
helo
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
MissRebekahJ
MissRebekahJ marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Kristina Mazzio
Kristina Mazzio marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Laurie Weitzel
Laurie Weitzel is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2016
Shanna
Shanna is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2016
Dawn
Dawn added it
Jan 21, 2016
Jess
Jess added it
Jan 05, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Alice Fulton...