Start by marking “My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2)

My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love #2)

This Edition is the original edition not containing "An Unlikely Pair" prequel or "Turn the Page". Those are in the series bundle only.

Sometimes love doesn't have a happy ending, at least not the first time.

Beth and Jacob were best friends until one kiss ignited chemistry and passion neither can ignore. The tender long-distance relationship falls apart when Beth believe Ja
ebook, First, 438 pages
Published May 13th 2011 by Carla Krae

To ask other readers questions about My Once and Future Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Once and Future Love

Bridgett
Sep 19, 2012 Bridgett rated it did not like it
I can't believe I wasted time & money on this book! I was invested in the characters until the plot just crashed & burned out of nowhere! As teens Jacob & bethie were passionate & it was a great story....there is a misunderstanding, they break up....meet again years later & he offers her a job...here is wher the author just completely missed every single opportunity to tell a great story! I have NEVER been so bored & frustrated with a book in my life! I only kept reading ...more
Elaine Hepple
Jan 08, 2014 Elaine Hepple rated it did not like it
I didn't realise this was a sequence of novels in one bumper compendium but looking back I did wonder why the author kept reminding the reader about choices and decisions made by both characters. Authors don't usually feel the need to when the story follows in one book TBH, I should have deleted the book because 'Bethie' was just so damn annoying. Even when she was 18 I felt her choices were ludicrous and don't even get me started on the reason they broke up. This character has been framed as a ...more
Zizz
Oct 18, 2012 Zizz rated it it was amazing
I loved how the story dragged on without the usual sexual tension between two people who used to be together. Instead, it showed us how misunderstandings and secrets can keep people apart and that it takes work to rebuild that trust again. Eight years apart, you would think so much has happened to justify an HEA. But author deftly delved into the reality of actual relatonships showing us that with much effort and commitment, one can still have their HEA no matter how many years have passed and n ...more
Jhoanna
Mar 09, 2012 Jhoanna rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot.

although they're misunderstanding was so long,

but, i love the concept of first love, and then having a happily ever after.

Jacob was so cool. i love, love him. he was very sweet and very understanding.

I actually love and hate Beth at some point. but, i can understand that she protects herself and she just doesn't want to put it out there, like her feelings is very important to her but, in the end of that protection she's hurting the people she really love. but, i still like her s
Amy
Aug 10, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: have-on-kindle
I didn't care for the beginning of My Once And Future Love. The characters seemed to be written differently than in the first book. It almost felt like it was either written by someone else or that the author forgot who her characters were. I was about to give up but gave myself 10 more pages. Apparently that was all I needed because the next chapter started 5 years later and the plot took off and the characters became likable again.
The ending was a bit off. I think the author plans on writing
Charisse
May 04, 2012 Charisse rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, e-book
I loved how Jacob and Beth matured in their relationship: being in love and brokenhearted and being in love again. :)
Trenda Lee
May 16, 2011 Trenda Lee rated it it was amazing
Once I started I couldn't stop reading, loved this and hope there are many more books by Carla Krae to read!!!
Susie
Jan 24, 2012 Susie rated it it was ok
I hated Bethie the female main character in this book.
Melissa
Mar 01, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
So this book lands somewhere between 4 & 5 stars. I feel sort of torn and slightly melancholy after finishing it. It was definitely a page turner and it was really hard to put down until I finished the entire thing, but the ending was rather disappointing. I realize that a 3rd book is coming, but still I felt like it almost ended mid-sentence. It was just sort of uneventful and blah after going through so many emotions.

I love Jacob. Love love love him. As far as Bethie goes I have mixed emot
Clista
Feb 04, 2013 Clista rated it really liked it
Beth Lawson and Jacob Lindsey literally run into each other at a grocery store. Jake is now a Rock Star and Beth is trying to survive at her meager job. Jake offers Beth a job as his assistant and offering a large salary increase which she desperately needs.
This sets off years of intense 24/7 time with Jake. She manages everything and keeps his hectic life in order. They do not talk about the past or their hurts. Beth keeps busy so she does not have to be honest with her self.
There were many tim
Emily
Feb 04, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
I first read an unlikely pair and I thought it was a typical prequel. It was, but it still caught my eye so I downloaded the free preview for iBook of my once and future love. I was hooked immediately and I bought the whole book. Jacob and Beth are your typical bickering teens who don't recognize what's right in front of them. But as they grow up into adults, you really start to understand and visualize the complexity of their 'grown up' relationship. You can tell that Beth isn't sure about havi ...more
Amanda S.
Jul 24, 2011 Amanda S. rated it really liked it
An Unlikely Pair, was actually recommended to me because its a similar story to how I met my best friend in high school. After I read the short prequel I had to read My Once and Future Love. Although my story didn't quite have the same elements or the same happy ending, once I started this book I couldn't put it down. Not only did it strike close to home, but every page had me wanting to read more. I can't wait for future works by Carla Krae, this book was captivating and conveyed not only a lov ...more
Janeia
Dec 16, 2011 Janeia rated it really liked it
Ok, I really loved Jake!! However, I was soooooo annoyed with Beth. The last quarter of the book, I wanted to scream at her to get over it already!! But, when she finally got over it...the last couple chapters I liked her so much more. I gave it the 4 stars because I could not get over my annoyance with Beth's holding back on everything emotionally and physically. With that being said...I am already searching for info on the third installment. Because, I'm betting its alot sweeter and steamier w ...more
Angelica Mayorga
Feb 11, 2012 Angelica Mayorga rated it really liked it
I read the prequel first. I don't what it was about it but it caught my attention so I read my Once and Future Love. I loved it. I liked how it wasn't a fairtytale the whole time. It showed that real relationships are not always happy and perfect. People have flaws. Relationships have flaws. I was kind of disappointed at the ending until I realized there would a book 3. Then it made sense...I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes love stories or is into chick lit.
Serena
Jul 17, 2012 Serena rated it did not like it
This is the first time I'm giving up on a book and that says a lot considering how I always feel compelled to finish a book once I start. Sure I have books that I've put aside intending to continuing reading them at a later time. This book is bad in all accounts. There is no plot, the characters are annoying as hell, their actions make no common sense whatsoever and the writing is just bad. And that sentence sums up the book.
Enzo
Oct 14, 2012 Enzo rated it really liked it
Not much happened in this book especially in the beginning. I couldn't believe that it just went on for three years after they reunite but nothing. But still, there was depth to the writing and I ended up feeling so much for/with the characters. I really enjoyed this. I thought that although the build up was long, it was pretty much in sync with the whole storyline.
Megan Miller
Aug 11, 2013 Megan Miller rated it really liked it
So while I agree with some other reviewers that the characters are awkward as adults trying to rekindle the romance I had to give this book at least 4 stars since it invaded my dreams. I am so invested in these characters even though the switching from 1st person perspective to 3rd person perspective did drive me crazy I think the history these two have makes up for it.
Ayie Hernandez
Nov 15, 2012 Ayie Hernandez rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS :)

Well, I liked this book in general and I didn't get bored while reading it. It's just that I think there's something missing in this book to make it really go through the soul of the readers and up to this moment, I'm still not sure what that thing is.

Still a good job, Ms. Author :)
Daphney
This book gave me the what-the-hell-that's-it?!? reaction at the end. I mean come on!!! That's it?!? I WANT MORE PLEASE. it left me hanging. I want more Jacob and Elizabeth moments. The story is quite slow but its all worth it :)))
Martha
Aug 10, 2011 Martha rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved the chemistry between Beth and Jacob and there story was a lot of fun to read. All around great book!

Update: Very EXCITED to find out there's another book on the way!! WOO WOO!!
Mina Morrissey
May 18, 2013 Mina Morrissey rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.... It was really good but the way the last quarter of the book dragged on ruined it a bit for me....
Nicola Dangerfield
Aug 17, 2012 Nicola Dangerfield rated it it was amazing
really romantic, loved the story line but i hate beths lack of romance skills and the fact that shes so ignorant.
Jae Lu
Jan 30, 2013 Jae Lu rated it liked it
I agree with some of the reviews. It's drags on and on then it ended just like that. It was good overall.
Shayla Williams
Dec 31, 2013 Shayla Williams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
I fell in love with the series, especially after this book. I can honestly say I CAN NOT wait until her third book. These amazing books by the amazing, Carla Krae are must reads.
Faythe Donovan
Faythe Donovan rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
Dcbel
Dcbel rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Ioanna
Ioanna rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
  • Face the Music
  • For Everything
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
  • For All the Right Reasons
  • What's In Your Heart
  • Joy Ride
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • For a Good Time, Call...
  • Three Steps to Heaven (The Raiders, #1)
  • Are You Mine?
  • Gateway To Heaven
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • Then Kiss Me
  • Love's Road Home
  • Sound Bites
  • Buried Castles (Broken Fairytales, #2)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • Darkstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #3)
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...

My Once and Future Love (3 books)
  • An Unlikely Pair (My Once and Future Love, #1)
  • Personal Attention (My Once and Future Love, #2)