Blank-133x176
Chicken Soup for the S...

Jack Canfield

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Celebrates Children with Special Needs: Stories of Love and Understanding for Those Who Care for Children with Disabilities

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  15 reviews

'These powerful heart-rending stories are filled with honesty, humor, hope and offer inspiration to parents, teachers, and anyone else who cares for children with special needs. By embracing the magnificence, inner peace, and beauty each child possess, our own attitudes are shifted from despair to promise.'

—Gerold G Jampolsky, M.D., Founder of International Center of Atti

Published (first published September 3rd 2007)

Jenny
I'm not sure how to rate this. It's actually more of a 2.5. It's hard for me to rate this because Who in the world gives a TWO STARS to a Chicken Soup for the Soul book, for heaven's sake!? Chicken Soup for the Soul's are all the same model and format. And they follow that to appeal to a certain audience -- and they have been amazingly successful. I read a few as a teenager myself. So, I guess I knew that coming in, but despite my knowledge of the type of book -- and my predetermined idea that I...more
Kristin
I bought this book hoping to gain some insight into my mom's job, as she teaches students with both behavioral and medical issues, primarily autism. A lot of the stories in here focus on autistic children, which is a sign how prevalent the disorder is in today's world. While I didn't necessarily learn anything that I could pass on to my mom to help her deal with the stresses of her job, I found the stories very heartwarming.
There are definitely good people out there who can see the bright side...more
Martha
Of all the Chicken Soup for the Soul books that I have read so far this one is perhaps the most heartwarming. These are stories of love and understanding for those that care for children with disabilities. I both have a brother with Down syndrome and teach children with disabilities so I could relate to the stories. I laughed and cried through many of the stories as the writers shared their joys and struggles, pain and laughter of caring for someone with a disabilty.
Princess
I love the Chicken Soup books. Cheesy, I know. They never fail to make me cry and my husband doesn't understand why I would do this to myself. I do not have a special needs child myself, but I have worked with special needs children in the past, my niece has a heart defect and one of my daughter's closest friends has Down Syndrome. I really did enjoy this book. I learned more about autism and cerebral palsy. The stories were incredibly inspiring.
Rhonda
I loved this book and will likely reread it as needed to help us with our daily routine(s) for our son with CP. While knowing that others are suffering is not a positive thing in and of itself, knowing that he is not alone and we are not alone is comforting.
Missy
It was a wonderfully insightful book with stories of hopes, dreams, accomplishments, and most of all, love and perseverance. I highly recommend the book to everyone, especially those that have SN kids, as to know you are not alone in this "normal" world.
Mandy Huot
Having a nephew with Autism, I enjoyed reading this book and the many stories included. I enjoyed the ability to e-mail some of the authors and personally thank them for their story.
Renee Benoit
full of fun stories of special needs children doing some interesting things guaranteed to make you laugh and smile. Things that parents of special needs children can really relate to.
Liz
I cried, laughed, and beamed with pride after reading many of these stories. This definitely made me appreciate my students that much more and all of their stories.
Dina
Encouraging and inspiring stories. A good book to read for those who care for children with special needs.
Felishia
I really enjoyed the book, but i wish that there were more stories in there about physically disabled kids.
Debbie
This is a great collection of stories about children with special needs. I really liked this book.
Christy
Loved this book, a couple stories hit close to home <3
Erin Brady
A must-read for any parent or teacher!!
Mary
Heartwarming and inspiring.
Brittany Bush
Brittany Bush marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
MARYANNE ALTSCHUL
MARYANNE ALTSCHUL marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Robin Nixon Carver
Robin Nixon Carver marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Manisha
Manisha marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)