See Mix Drink: A Refreshingly Simple Guide to Crafting the World's Most Popular Cocktails

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  14 reviews
<!--StartFragment--> Have you tried mixing a Mojito? What about a Rusty Nail? Or a Cosmopolitan? With See Mix Drink, the first-ever cocktail book to offer instruction through info-graphics, making the drinks you love at home is as easy as, well, See, Mix, Drink.

This unique, illustrated guide graphically demonstrates how to make 100 of today's most popular cocktails...more
Published October 19th 2011 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about See Mix Drink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Mix Drink

Leslie
See Mix Drink arrives just in time for the holiday party season. A new concept in cocktail guide books, it uses an illustrated format with easy to follow graphic instructions on how to make 100 of the most popular mixed drinks. Eliminating text based instructions greatly simplifies the process making it quick and easy to mix up more than just the basic Vodka and Tonic or Rum and Coke. Click the browse inside this book button above to see for yourself.

There is a short introduction and a how-to on...more
Wendy Hines
A Refreshling Simple Guide to Crafting the World's Most Popular Cocktails

I used to be a bartender and I wish I had had this book way back then. I learned the hard way how to make drinks, trial and error. But See Mix Drink takes the error out of it! There are many recipes in the book to make even a non-drinker into an excellent crafter of cocktails. Not only are there snapshots of a cocktail in brilliant color, a picture showing the volume of each ingredient in the glass, but there is a cocktail...more
Allizabeth Collins
Description:

SEE MIX DRINK is an easy-to-use full-color guide to mixing some of the world's best drinks and cocktails using well-known spirits like Brandy, Champagne, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, and Liqueurs. Each drink recipe is broken down into short text/diagram sections that note the cocktail pronunciation, the cocktail "snapshot", ingredients, description, best occasion for drinking, time required, proportions, calories, and text/visual instructions. There is also a guide to bar esse...more
Marie
See Mix Drink offers a refreshing and simple take on mixing the most popular cocktails. It uses annotated illustrations and straight forward instructions that will make even the most novice bartender feel like a master mixologist.

I loved this book. It's wonderfully presented and very easy to follow. Each two pages spread features tons of information: an annotated illustration, pictorial list of ingredients and/or equipment needed, drink description, best occasion for the drink (like there's a b...more
Vicki
This book has all the information you need to make a wide variety of drinks and is very simple to follow.

Here are the contents:
Introduction
How To Use This Book
Bar Essentials
The Spirits
(Brandy, Champange, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, Liqueres)
Index Sorted By Name
Index Sorted By Calories Per Drink
Acknowledgements

Each drink has graphs and charts showing the type of glass to use and how full to make the drink. There is also a chart that shows the percentage of ingredients. The titles for each...more
Mary
I received this book as part of a Goodreads Giveaway. The book is so well-done, anyone with or without experience in mixing up drinks will be able to easily.

The book is divided by spirits (which is helpful in case you only have one on hand), and within each section, organized alphabetically. The pages on the drink themselves are great for people who love diagrams and charts. You can see a picture of the drink, read a description of it, along with the instructions, ingredients and a chart of how...more
Tyler
This is a really good book to get started mixing drinks, but it could definitely be improved. The most important change would be including an index for the secondary ingredients. I want to be able to say "I have vodka, lemon juice, pineapple juice, triple sec, and angostura bitters. What can I do with these limited ingredients?" Being able to answer that in a convenient, quick way is certainly difficult, but not at all impossible. Plus, it would fit the theme of the book, which is accessibility...more
Melissa Rheinlander
This book just became my best friend! This is such an easy RECIPE book for cocktails and other mixed drinks! It is simple and has an easy to follow diagram... you cannot go wrong with this guide for making yummy mixed drinks! I definitely recommend this to others who love to make a good cocktail, host parties, or buy it for a friend!

Disclosure: I received one copy of the book from the Publisher for review purposes only. I was not compensated to write a positive or favorable review. This is Keep...more
Naomi
I must say when I saw this in Bookpages, I thought the concept of this book was kind of goofy. The book is kind of laid out in a simpleton kind of fashion with each drink being broken down into a step by step process.

I saw it at the library, took a look at it and, actually, the book is extremely cool. At least 80% of the book were recipes that I was unfamiliar with and I consider myself to be a pretty good mixologist!

This will actually be a book I purchase because of its' unusualness.
Cindyjaxn
I got this book as a Goodreads giveaway and it met and surpassed my expectations. This is a mixology book that takes popular mixed drinks and gives you more than just a set of proportions. Each drink has a 2 page spread telling you not only the recipe but also what kind of glass should be used, calorie count and how it should be mixed...shaken or stirred! A great primer on mixed drinks, really enjoyed it!
Freda mans
I LOVE THIS BOOK!
I sat one night and mixed Tequila Sunrise's, and they were phenomenal!
(My mixed drinks)
It covers your basic liquors, and shows the average person how to mix a decent drink properly.
Very use to use guides with illustrations and exact measurements.
Definitely going to try the Vodka section next!
Jacquelynn Fritz
This is an easy to follow recipe book for your favorite cocktails. It has color coded illustrations, plus pictures of the drinks. The book goes from brandy to vodka and includes new and old drinks. Its fun just to read.
Stacy
Loved this cocktail book. The images were amazing! I hope to see a second, third, and so on book from this author with the same beautiful instructional pictures.
Gina
What do you get when you mix classic retro cocktails with great graphic design? A fantastic recipe book, that's what.
indigo583
indigo583 marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Jemin
Jemin is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2013
Emily Sanders
Emily Sanders marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Brian D. Murphy’s favorite mixed drink is the Old Fashioned, having been inspired to try it after watching Mad Men. He lives in Minneapolis with his wife Nicole and their three pets Kate, MeowMeow, and Maya.
More about Brian D. Murphy...
Spring Persistence with Hibernate (Beginning) Spring Persistence with Hibernate