Start by marking “No Longer Human, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
No Longer Human, Volume 3

No Longer Human, Volume 3 (No Longer Human #3)

In this final volume of No Longer Human, Yozo has been lulled into a sense of comfort with his new life and young wife. All that he holds dear is completely destroyed when he finds out that the person he loves is even potentially worse off than he.After his wife is sexually assualted by abusiness acquaintence, Yozo can no longer invision her as the beautiful purewoman that ...more
Published February 28th 2012 by Vertical (first published June 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about No Longer Human, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Longer Human, Volume 3

Jan Philipzig
So that was it, the final chapter of Usamaru Furuya's manga adaptation of the infamous Japanese novel from 1948. The topics: alienation, depression, abuse, rape, drug addiction, suicide, divorce, homelessness - not a feel-good read. Furuya's storytelling is a little uneven and abrupt in places, but the dark, wild, downward-spiraling plot holds your attention anyway. Makes me curious about the original.
Voiceofmadness
Feb 02, 2015 Voiceofmadness rated it really liked it
The last entry is a definite horror to read. I became very irritated at Yozo's lack of humanity. His wife is raped by a crazed coworker and Yozo somehow makes it about his suffering that she's tainted. She becomes a scapegoat for his descent into speed. He even tries to pimp out her in order to get money to fuel his habit! As I've said in my first review of volume one, everything revolves around him and when things get tough he just gives up and moves on. His fate was terrible but deserved. Ther ...more
Ere K.
Jun 28, 2016 Ere K. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Atto finale della spirale discendente della vita del protagonista, questo volume reinterpreta in modo spietato, completamente de-poetizzato e crudele, il capitolo forse più commovente e sentito della letteratura autoreferenziale di Dazai Osamu.

Nei limiti dell'interpretazione in chiave moderna di un Ningen shikkaku ambientato non più durante gli anni Trenta, ma nei contemporanei anni zero del nuovo secolo, la storia in questa terza parte perde alcuni elementi cronologicamente successivi alla clim
Monique
Jul 27, 2015 Monique rated it liked it
The conclusion to No Longer Human is as disturbing and depressing as one might expect. The rape and abuse is unnerving. Having never read Dazai's work, I cannot say how well Furuya translates it in his work. All I can say as that I'm hesitant to pick up the source material. It really is quite horrific.

I recommend the series, but only if you are good with some pretty fucked up subject matter. The humans of No Longer Human really are despicable.
punkhead
Feb 05, 2016 punkhead rated it it was amazing
wow what a series, very depressing and just makes you feel sad not a happy ending story but it is amazing read and i love how it deals with depression and drugs and things human feels, its a very interesting look at humans i loved it but it did brake me a little.
Dies Irae
Jun 24, 2014 Dies Irae rated it it was amazing
Giunge a termine la parabola distruttiva di Yozo. Attorno a lui solo terra arida e situazioni irrisolte, squalificato nella sua stessa umanità.
Prabh Kaur
Sep 13, 2012 Prabh Kaur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
this whole series represents life. the diffuclties of life, it scares me how someone can live a fake life not ever being happy, and when they are happy everything falls apart. i would hate to watch someone life, someone close to me, to watch there life crumble in front of my eyes. This series shows how life can be, how it can crumble in a second, how difficult it can be. The scariest thing is that this can happen to anyone.
Russell Grant
Sep 19, 2013 Russell Grant rated it really liked it
The final volume wraps up the story. I really enjoyed it. It's dark, depressing, and works. The art is pretty standard manga, and fits the subject matter. My nitpick is the three volumes really are one story, this should of been a fat omnibus. This is how it came out in Japan I presume, so be it.

Good stuff from Vertical.
Jasmiina F
Sep 26, 2013 Jasmiina F rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
It was refreshing to read something that doesn't have thousand volumes and I think three volumes is a perfect amount for a manga like this. This final volume was REALLY depressing and disturbing, but in a way quite good.
Chris Andersen
Apr 02, 2012 Chris Andersen rated it it was amazing
A fine ending to the franchise. It hits me now that this is basically a horror story, latching on to our fear of having an inability to empathize and connect with others. Well drawn, well written, and scary.
Serdar
Feb 11, 2012 Serdar rated it it was amazing
The manga adaptation of Japan's "Requiem for a Dream" comes to an unforgiving close, just as it should.

Patricia
Jul 07, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is so dark and raw, it's beautiful. It made me so emotional. Just amazing.
Sherry
Jun 08, 2013 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Just devastating. I will be adding the novel to my "to read" list.
Remigio Antonio
Remigio Antonio marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Jessica Zügel
Jessica Zügel marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Athba Thani
Athba Thani marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Gutts Warutare
Gutts Warutare rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
kaiden
kaiden added it
Aug 17, 2016
Chetana
Chetana rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Squin
Squin rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Jill Marzolino
Jill Marzolino rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Lauren Clarke
Lauren Clarke rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Crow Bait
Crow Bait rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Andrias Scheuchzeri
Andrias Scheuchzeri marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
An
An added it
May 31, 2016
Jelena
Jelena marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Miriam
Miriam rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

No Longer Human (3 books)
  • No Longer Human, Volume 1