Start by marking “Tis the Season to Be Sinful” as Want to Read:
Tis the Season to Be Sinful

Tis the Season to Be Sinful

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  239 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The Season For Surprises. . .

Juliet Wentworth knew what she was getting into: a marriage of convenience that will save her estate and protect her family long into the future. But she wasn't expecting to find the passion of a lifetime in her new husband's arms. After just one night, Juliet knows a marriage in name only will never be enough. . .

The Season For Seduction. . .

R
Published October 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tis the Season to Be Sinful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tis the Season to Be Sinful

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrSimply Irresistible by Jill ShalvisBy Proxy by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
274th out of 729 books — 881 voters
The Luxe by Anna GodbersenEnvy by Anna GodbersenRumors by Anna GodbersenSplendor by Anna GodbersenThe Selection by Kiera Cass
Dresses To Die For!
498th out of 1,108 books — 1,950 voters

More lists with this book...

Lover of Romance
Tis The Season To Be Sinful, is a holiday novel by Adrienne Basso. Now I am really coming to adore this author, and I still can't believe that I haven't read more of her until now. Every time I read her, it reminds me of a time when I first fell in love with romance, and her writing is so riveting and provocative that it instantly draws you into the story.

In Tis The Season To Be Sinful, we find a story of two people who are destined to love each other, but find stumbling blocks along the way. Ri
Amy
Oct 11, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it

“The strangest thing about Christmas is how it can suddenly grab at you when you least expect it.”

Richard Harper is a successful American entrepreneur who is always up for a challenge. After moving to London three years ago, he still has difficulty being accepted in British society. Determined to succeed in England, Richard embarks in constructing a new steel factory in Cornwell. Reliable sources have confirmed to Richard that any successful businessman in England who wanted to be considered a g
Regina
Mar 12, 2012 Regina rated it did not like it
This book started out with potential, but half way thru I was just plain Bored!!!!

A marriage of convenience. The Heroine wants a real marriage(meaning she wants sex she tells the hero) The hero has a secret fear so he will take the house and the sex but other than that its strictly a business arrangement marriage. Extremly predictable, a rushed ending, and no chemistry what-so-ever between the hero and the heroine. All of a sudden Juliette(the heroine) is in love with Harry(the hero) and wants
Tiffany Day
Dec 26, 2011 Tiffany Day rated it it was ok
Story started with potential but author fails to deliver -- characters never fully develop - no real romance - weak story; there are a LOT of Christmas celebrations, though, so in terms of being a seasonal read, it delivers there -- very fast, skim-able read 2 1/2 stars
Mary
Dec 26, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
This was an emotion-packed Christmas novel in which a marriage of convenience could turn out to be a second chance at love for Juliet Wentworth, a land-poor widow, and Richard Harper, a rich American industrialist looking for respectability among the English ton. Richard wants to buy an English country estate, and he wouldn't mind finding a wife to gain him entry into society. Juliet needs a way to support her three children and a crumbling estate. Neither one expects their business arrangement ...more
TJ
Aug 02, 2011 TJ rated it really liked it
Oh for heaven's sake, where do they get these titles?!?! This one has absolutely nothing to do with the delightful story.

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online at: http://affairedecoeur.com
October 2011 issue.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A marriage of convenience is not supposed to turn into one of love and passion. Juliet is hooked after her first night with Richard and even though he tries not to, he falls in love with her too. A great Christmas read!!
Aly is so frigging bored
I loved this book and discovering this new author! I can't wait to try more books from her.
Hilcia
Dec 15, 2011 Hilcia rated it really liked it
Tis The Season To Be Sinful by Adrienne Basso is a sweet, heartwarming, family Christmas historical romance that also happens to be quite sexy! Now, I have to admit that the sexy part of it was a bit unexpected and maybe it shouldn't have been, especially with that title, but I think what really threw me about this book for a while is that all those factors are combined and work quite well.

Ms. Basso uses the marriage of convenience trope to develop the romance between the beautiful widowed Julie
Kelsey
Jan 02, 2012 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Juliet Wentworth had it all; a loving husband and a house that was to become their dream house. After her husband passes away suddenly, Juliet is left living in the dowager house with her children and hoping that they can find someone to rent Highgrove Manor so that they have money to get out from under her husband’s tyrannical brother.

Richard Harper is trying to make it in London. It has been a tough go since leaving the Colonies and Richard is finding the English to be less than hospitable sin
Ingrid Fasquelle
Adrienne Basso, récemment publiée aux éditions Milady Romance, enchante ses lectrices avec La Saison du Péché, une romance historique attendrissante, qui se lit comme un conte de Noël...

Dans ce roman, tout respire la joie et la bonne humeur ! Depuis les préparatifs enjoués des fêtes de Noël jusqu'à l'excitation des enfants à l'approche des réjouissances, l'intrigue d'Adrienne Basso n'est qu'un tourbillon d'émotions qui flatte et électrise les sens de la lectrice !

Les traditions victoriennes sont
Candyshy
C’est la couverture qui a arrêté mon œil au départ, j’aime les couleurs choisies, ensuite le résumé était attrayant, une romance historique, j’ai dit : Je le veux !

J’ai lu ce livre à la bonne période, celle des fêtes de fin d’année, où l’on est en pleine préparation des cadeaux, des repas, des retrouvailles en famille car dans le livre, on est également à la même période. J’ai beaucoup apprécié ma lecture !

Ce n’est pas seulement la romance qui m’a emballée, se sont ces moments de joie où l’on v
AnnMarie
Jan 05, 2012 AnnMarie rated it liked it
I liked this story a lot. I love romantic period pieces. The title though really had nothing to do with the story but then again, it was the title that caught my eye initially.

Richard, an American self made business man is in London and decides he needs a country estate. The estate he wants, and he always gets what he wants, belongs to Juliet, a widow with 3 children. Juliet is only looking to rent the estate to support herself and her 3 children.

What starts out as a need for independence turns
Oct 04, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
I loved it. Not sure why but I've been on a Christmas kick for the last few days. Not a conventional book that I would choose to read, the time period is a little late for me but I enjoyed the book none the less. There is no grand mystery, or tragic event's that happen in this story. Rather you are presented with a wonderful if slightly unconventional romance, which in itself was sweet and refreshing. 4 stars for a wonderful read.
Carla
Nov 22, 2011 Carla rated it really liked it
Richard, a self made American, finds himself wanting an estate in the countryside of England. Juliet finds herself under the thumb of her deceased husband's brother and with an estate mounting bills. The solution - marriage. Juliet has hope to open Richard's heart afterall the physical and desire is not the issue. His business keeps him away until Christmas. A possible business investor, relatives, friends, staff, and step-children can overrun his house, can they free the ghosts that cling to hi ...more
Dancer
Mar 24, 2012 Dancer rated it really liked it
The Season For Surprises. . .

The Season For Seduction. . .

Richard Harper's beautiful new bride has him reeling with desire--and running for cover. After all, falling in love was never
Rob
Dec 18, 2012 Rob rated it really liked it
Really liked it for the most part...just had to get through 3/4 of the book first. Juliet was a beautiful caring, compassionate woman, a widow with 3 children who needed this marriage of convenience to save the family estate. Richard was a money driven workaholic, and well...he was just an ass. He started out ok, but only got worse as his feelings for Juliet grew (his irritating inner battle of "I can't love her, or her children", blah, blah, blah), so needless to say, until he started to open u ...more
Robin Rousu
Dec 09, 2015 Robin Rousu rated it it was ok
The plot was promising, but then this one fizzled.
Sophronia
Very Christmas-y.
LibraryDanielle
Mar 02, 2013 LibraryDanielle rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I swear this felt familiar, but I know I haven't read it before. not sure why.
it was OK. the two main characters fell in "love" way too quickly, and it had me rolling my eyes, but it wasn't as foolish as some I've read.
Brittany
Jan 04, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
Good Christmas feel good romance novel. This doesn't have explicit sex scenes in it and to some that may be a disappointment but I took this book to be more about finding true love an romance then anything else. Very sweet story!
Natalija
May 31, 2016 Natalija rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, dnf
DNF at 55%
I'm so far in and it saddens me to abandon this book, but I'm done forcing myself to read something I don't like. That's not to say that the book is not worth reading. It just wasn't my cup of tea.
Francesca
Nov 18, 2012 Francesca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, romance
Romance toute simple et mignonne, mais la fin s'étire en longueur et ajoute un élément inutile ou qui aurait du faire l'objet d'un second livre.
Heather
Aug 17, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Fun, but could have used a bit more editing - I kept noticing grammatical errors.
Beth
Aug 28, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-paperback
I enjoyed Richard and Juliet's story. It kept my interest.
ladyanna7
Jan 26, 2016 ladyanna7 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!! Wonderful holiday book!
Stacy
Dec 30, 2011 Stacy added it
Was a sweet charming holiday read
Carrie Olguin
Jan 13, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it did not like it
Boring. DNF.
Nath
Dec 01, 2011 Nath rated it really liked it
4/5 (B)
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 03, 2015 05:51PM
  • The Christmas Knight
  • A Winter Scandal (Legend of St. Dwynwen, #1)
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • The Lady's Secret
  • His Mistress by Christmas (Sinful Family Secrets, #2)
  • Her Wyoming Man
  • A Regency Holiday
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • It Happened One Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #3)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • His Mistletoe Bride
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas, #3)
  • The Winter Wife: A Christmas Novella
  • The Christmas Secret  (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1.5)
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
  • Season for Temptation (Holiday Pleasures, #1)
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • Song of Seduction (Seduction, #1)
Between stints as a corporate financial analyst, marketing consultant, public librarian, wife and mother, Adrienne Basso has parlayed her vivid imagination and desire to tell romantic stories into a writing career. Regency England is her favorite time period and thus far she has set all her historical novels during that elegant time. She enjoys the challenge of creating stories that emphasize the ...more
More about Adrienne Basso...