Start by marking “A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)

A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  565 ratings  ·  40 reviews
When Katie Rogers returns to Dundee, Idaho, it's not because she wants to. It's because she's disillusioned, broke--and pregnant. She was going to make something of her life in the big city. Instead, she's paying a high price for trusting the wrong man.

Booker Robinson is the man she didn't trust, the man she'd left behind in Dundee...and the first person she sees when she...more
Published August 1st 2007 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Family of Her Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family of Her Own

Steffi
The more I read by Brenda Novak, the more I enjoy her books. In A Family of her Own we get to read about Booker and Katie, who already appeared in the previous book (A Husband of her Own). I really wasn't sure how this story was going to play out, because Katie deeply hurt Booker's feelings in the last book and he didn't seem big on forgiveness, either.

Booker was not one of my favourite people at first, but in the course of this book he quickly became one of my favourite heroes. This book is i...more
Lily
I really enjoyed this book! The Dundee, Idaho series is a great series supercharged with romance (ok, and a little less sexy scenes than my regular reads). If you are looking for super descriptive scenes that start happening within the first 5 chapters, you might be disappointed. But, if you are looking for romance, you will love this series!

I really liked Booker and Katie separately, and I loved them even more as a couple. Booker is a reformed bad boy who is a genuinely good guy with a heart of...more
Danielle Calabrese
My favorite of the series so far! I really liked Booker and Katie and loved seeing their relationship resume from the last novel.
Sati Marie Frost
Katie Rogers, Rebecca's hairdressing colleague from A Husband of Her Own, is back in town. Two years ago she fell in love with Booker Robinson, but faced with the criticism of friends and family and her own worries about his shady past and nebulous future, she dumped him for someone who seemed like a better bet and moved to San Francisco. Worst choice she ever made.

Now she's single, penniless and unable to take hairdressing jobs due to being three months into a difficult pregnancy. So she's swal...more
Elle (Ligia)
What a nice book!

Brenda Novak never disappoint, and though this book is written as part of a series, it can definitely be read as a standalone, because hey! I didn't read the other books I got it just fine ;)

I recommend it if you are up for a sweet, fast read, which its usual doses of heartbreak.

I might even check out the other books of the series now, I'm tempted, I'm tempted.
Jane
Every time I read a Brenda Novak book I think it can't be better then the last one I read and does she prove me wrong. Booker and Katie's story is full of high's and low's and you just want to tell them to be honest with themselves and each other. It takes awhile but they get there. I really loved this book
Linda C
The circumstances that caused the separation of the hero, Booker, and heroine, Katie, two years before the beginning of this tale and her current desperate situation seemed a little convoluted to say the least. By the end of chapter 2 he is the only one who is willing to help her out when she returns home. A lot of this book was good. There are a couple of tear jerker moments and a few endearing ones, however, the set up to the story and some of the secondary characters just didn’t work for me....more
Deanna
I just love Brenda Novak's Dundee, ID series. Each book keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Beverly
Branda Novak books are easy and fun to read
Jodi
Although this book was an easy read, it never felt real. I didn't believe that Katie, pregnant and destitute, could return to her tiny hometown and set up a web development business that started making money immediately, even though her computer, with all her webpages, was stolen. It was never clear why Katie chose Andy over Booker. Her parents disliked both of them and she loved Booker. While it ended sweetly, it didn't make a lot of sense. Novak's words flow easily so while I thought the story...more
Valerie Wamboldt
One of those books that you hate to finish. More than 5 stars from me!
Madisun Hetzroni
Feb 16, 2008 Madisun Hetzroni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girlies
Recommended to Madisun by: no1 it was like 5cents somewhere
this was a really good book. it was kind of predictable but had great emotional appeal to it. its about a women named katie who returns to her hometown after her engagment felll threw and she is pregnant. her parents wont take her back so she is forced to live with her ex that she loved before she moved away. they secretly still like eachother and it goes through their ups an downs.
Destany800
Apr 20, 2012 Destany800 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kidsa and teenangers
Recommended to Destany800 by: my paster
this book is a great book i may be 12 and under age to read this but this is a good book to give to teenagers to soo them how life is when you are in a world by your delf and a baby in the way to help them and need someine to show the some guddaince and the guy that was helping katie in the book turn out to be a very understanding guy and willing to help katie understanding
Kasumi
Leido en español.

Estar enferma me ha dado tiempo para leer, y después de terminar el anterior, me quedé con ganas de saber que pasaría con Booker y Katie. Por desgracia el libro no me ha gustado tanto, no tanto por los personajes, sino porque me dio la impresión de que algunas subtramas se metían para alargar el libro y que en general no estaba todo tan bien hilado.
Lynda
Surprising story about the survival of friendship and love after making a major mistake in life. The idea that it's not the mistake that defines a person but how they rectify their life after it played prominently in this story. The descriptions of small town living was so accurate and believable as many who have lived in a small town can confirm. Interesting read.
Lilah Chavez
It's ok. I've read other "small town" stories, such as Shavlis and Mallery, but this small town was.just soooooooo small minded and ignorant. It was like they were stuck in a time warp or something. I've read Novak's Whiskey Creek series, which I loved, so maybe I will give this series another try.... just not anytime soon.
Tia
I thought this book was "soul sweet". It was good for your soul to read it and although there were some harsher parts in the book, it was definitely beautiful. One of the best so far for the good feeling vibe you get when you finish a book. I think this one is my favorite so far!
Sheila Schwartz
Another excellent story from Ms. Novak......her books are so real, her dialogue so spot on and her emotions so well written that I laugh, cry, gasp and groan and if not reading alone I get a few peculiar looks from those around me. Can't go wrong choosing a Brenda Novak book!
Aldafan
This came free with the newspaper! It actually wasn't bad although I don't usually read romances. A pregnant woman returns home, but her family rejects her. Her ex-boyfriend, an ex-con, takes her in and eventually, they live happily ever after!
Tonya Warner
A wonderful story.

Great to see how the bad boy Booker T Robinson hides a very warm and generous nature behind the gruff persona. Katie realizes love does not always come without pain, and some things are truly worth the wait.
Melissa
I enjoyed this book. It had a different twist with the h being the one to have to make amends to the H for the way she hurt him. I would recommend this book. I am looking forward to reading some other Brenda Novak's Books.
Sherry
A pretty good romance novel and a fast, easy read. Too many cliches and contrivances for my liking, however. The fact that I read all the way to the end warrants the three-star rating.
Beverly
This is fluff to read when you want something light. I liked it very much. Novak's series is extremely fulfilling as an escape from the every day stress of life.
eGlobus  Technologies
Good one - Loving Brenda's simplicity and decency in expressing subtle romance flicks here and there!
Jennifer Croft
I read this in 2 days. This was a pretty darn good book for being delivered with the newspaper.
Vicki
Needed a good light read and this one filled the bill! A story of love lost and love regained.
Cindy Davis
Really good, fast read. Read it overnight, now I have a headache from reading too much, LOL.
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690)
  • The Billionaire's Unexpected Heir (Silhouette Desire, #1972)
  • A Baby For Emily (Silhouette Special Edition #1466)
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Price of Passion
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • At Home In Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #6)
  • Her Best Friend's Brother
  • Anything but Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #1)
  • The Fourth Child
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • Christmas in Whitehorn (Montana Mavericks)
  • Honey and the Hired Hand
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a...more
More about Brenda Novak...
When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1) When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)