Ticket to Love

Ticket to Love

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Erica, Megan, Jen and Serena are hoping for fun together before the serious future sets in. So when Jennifer wins a competition and the prize is a long weekend in New York for all four of them, it couldn't have come at a better time.

The weekend is full of surprises ans some unexpected romance.... By the time the plane touches London, some big decisions will have been made!
Published February 1st 2012 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Ticket to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ticket to Love

Paula  Phillips
Four best friends are all about to go on the ride of their life as they receive the tickets of a lifetime. For years Jennifer, Megan, Erica and Serena have been the best of friends and every Thursday night in Megan's England Apartment , they watch the TV Show "Babes in Manhattan" an awesome reality based TV show. Jennifer has excellent news, she entered the four of them in a competition to meet the stars of "Babes in Manhattan" and star on the TV Show, so the four of them are now jet-setting of...more
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Ticket for love is one of those girly fluffy reads which you can soak up in a matter of hours and leaves you with a bit of a warm glow afterwards.

The story follows a group of friends on a trip to new york. Whilst there they all have very different plans. One was to shop, one wants to take in the museums another want to celeb stalk and one wants to meet the boy she talks to on the internet.

The girls all have different adventures on their holidays all of which involve gorgeous perfect for them boy...more
Alice (The Reader Room)
The book had a very 'Sex and the City' meets 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants' vibe. These friendship books with individual stories of each girl showing their romances really appeals to me which is why I enjoyed this.

Each girl had her own personality so it was easy to distinguish between them. They all had their own 'quirks' like fashion or stalking celebrities which made them easy to identify. I liked how different they were and yet their friendship was still so strong. I did, however, find...more
Rachel
A quick light read, it said on the front it was 'naughty funny and honest' and really, it was none of those things. It was boring at times, the plot was predictable and the characters were hard to sympathise with as they were somewhat cliche and unoriginal. It was quite immature and I felt like the book and the style of writing was very simple as if it had been written by a child. Overall I would not recommend it.
Den
Aug 31, 2014 Den rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014, teen
My daughter gave it me to read after she'd finished with it. As it was a young adult book it was finished in a few sittings. I like the premise of it and can see why it appeals. Four friends watch a TV show together every week & they suddenly discover they have won tickets to visit New York to meet the stars. But the trip is not as they expected. One of them meets up with the guy she has been chatting to online & discovers he is not quite all he seems, another changes her appearance &...more
Book Angel Emma
Review by Madison

Megan, Erica, Jen and Serena are best friends although they are completely different; Megan is a shopaholic, Jen’s a celebrity stalker, Erica is hard working while Serena is shy and cultures. When Jen wins a trip to New York for the four of them they set off with their own agendas specific to these traits. However, they discover some unexpected things along the way.

Personally my favourite character was Serena, she was down to earth and honest. I didn’t like that Jen kept trying...more
Catrina
I love this book and just could not put it down. im not a fan of girly girly book about love but this is just right with a bit of mystery as well. I like how it follows 4 different girls and they all get something different and exciting out of the trip. just truly wonderful!
Bridget
When I picked this book up it was because the author also wrote 'Penelope' a story I have great affection for. I found the first third hard to get into and I was frustrated with some of the language used in it. A lot of the things said were very cliche and it was even more common for characters to tell things about themselves rather than these things being shown clearly or ever implied.

Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh on it: It made me laugh and thinking light, happy (slightly frustrated) though...more
Jess
I bought this book simply because I wanted a quick, light and easy read on the weekend. And that's exactly what I got!

Writing nothing spectacular, characters not fully developed, and a few cliches along the way (seriously, what are the odds of ALL FOUR girls meeting some guy?! lol...Bit ridiculous), but I didn't buy the book to feel 'inspired', I simply bought it to be entertained. There were some good messages at the end of the book though, especially regarding Serena - always be yourself! :)
Annabel
May 25, 2013 Annabel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls 12+
Recommended to Annabel by: Abby
I absolutely loved this book. I don't normally read these sort of romantic stories so I thought I'd try something new. It was a great story and a dream come true for some. It is about four friends who go to Manhattan to live their dreams after entering a contest from their favourite T.V. It is written from each of the girls points of view. An amazing book and I think I'll read some more by the same author.
Valencia Cain
Erica was my favourite girl throughout the books, she was amazing and just being herself whereas Jennifer wasnt so sure where she was headed. Serena was so unusual, so odd and weird. And their other friend, forgot what her name was, Megan maybe...she was just horrible.
I liked Erica, and im so glad that it ended with her too, she was happy and everything with Harry. It was a brilliant read!
Looove It!
AJAWS the AmAzIng
not bad, it was a good book. not great. Dawn Porter said it was ' Naughty, funny and honest.' I didnt think it was any of those things. It defiantly was naughty in any way. It was funny now and then but i don't understand why its called honest. Anyway not a bad story in general.
Maria
The book was a very light read! It was very girly and fun, it defientely had a lot happening at the same time with the 4 girls which is why i think it was a bit overwelming but overall it was an ok read.
Chloe Clarke
Very good book.
Amazing adventures. Funny and so romantic.
Lulu
Well written ,light holiday read x
Anna
excellent !:)
Rachel Swee
Rachel Swee marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Aml Abdelmasod
Aml Abdelmasod marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Kate Beeden
Kate Beeden marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Ella
Ella added it
Jun 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I was born in New Britain, Connecticut, and grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. I also spent a year (5th grade) in Montgomery, Alabama, and a year in Ann Arbor, Michigan(8th grade). As a child, I always wanted to be a writer, but I had lots of other ambitions too. I wanted to be a teacher, a librarian, a movie star, the president of the United States, and a ballerina.

I didn't achieve all my goals. I nev...more
More about Marilyn Kaye...
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Gifted, #1) Penelope Better Late Than Never (Gifted, #2) Here Today, Gone Tomorrow (Gifted, #3) Amy, Number Seven (Replica, #1)