Start by marking “DarkHunter: An Insider's Guide (Dark-Hunter Universe; Hellchaser, #2)” as Want to Read:
DarkHunter: An Insider's Guide (Dark-Hunter Universe; Hellchaser, #2)

DarkHunter: An Insider's Guide (Hellchaser #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,172 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A compilation of 5 never-before-seen Sherrilyn Kenyon short stories from the Dark Hunter Series:
* The Promise
* Where Angels Fear To Tread
* Dark Hunter Christmas
* Second Chances
* Fear of Darkness

Kenyon gives her fans the insider's description of these new stories, which fill in crucial pieces missing from the Dark Hunter series. Get an insight into Ash and his feelings of r
Published September 17th 2010 by Vook

To ask other readers questions about DarkHunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DarkHunter

Rhonda
Some back story!

These short stories give an inside view of a couple of Dark-Hunters. I especially enjoy the little videos of Sherrilyn explaining a little about the process of writing and the characters.
Jamie Gallagher about his great love for his wife, who just died about 3 months prior. He runs into his own great-granddaughter. What a shock.
A short exert about Nick becoming Ambrosious, and what the name really means.
This book also touches bases on the Hellchasers which are just ordinary p
♥ Sarah ♥
Although this collection of stories claims that they are all "never-before-seen", they are almost all (or all) available in other places, most for free on Kenyon's website. I'm not sure how I feel about the false advertising with that.

As a whole the stories are fun and cute, but not really worth paying $5.99 for (in my opinion). They're all pretty short (at an equivalent of 20 pages or less each) and really the only one that adds a lot to the series as a whole is Second Chances, which provides
Jaime
This short story collection brings together five stories from the Dark-Hunter universe, all but one previously released elsewhere: The Promise, Dark Hunter Christmas, Second Chances, Fear of Darkness. and Where Angels Fear To Tread. Three fill in small gaps in the overall storyline, one is a stand-alone, and one is a hint of things to come.

THE PROMISE is a VERY brief but emotional story that gives us Acheron's response to Cherise's death. It also includes a promise that will have major ramificat
Robin
This was definitely not worth the price. It did very little in the way of delivering it's title promise to fill in vital points in the Dark-Hunter Universe. The 2-part Christmas story had nothing to do with the main story arch of the series centering on a Dark-Hunter we will probably never hear from again though the supporting characters are old favorites. The story about Nick's return to New Orleans after his first couple of years as a Dark-Hunter reveals an added insight into the twisted trage ...more
Stacy
I can't say that the stories did much for me, but it was kinda fun to watch Kenyon's little interviews about each of them. I did find Menyara starting to call Nick "Ambrosius" interesting, but there wasn't enough to the story to really contribute to Nick's future self as seen in the Chronicles.
Russchelle Comerate
Sherrilyn Kenyon

Although most of this I have already read...with excited delight, I look forward to reading more about the sereph. I super enjoy all of Ms. Kenyon's work and always look forward to her upcoming releases.
Crystal
Michelle
I read all these stories in other books. But they were all good.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Pretty good collection of stories. Three of them, I've read before at the end of some of the full length books and I got the free copy of Fear of Darkness. I really loved Gallagher's story. I would love to see him as a character in one of the full length books at some point. Who is that man he met when he was nine? That couldn't have been Ash, could it?

Enjoyed learning how Zeke became what he is, too. Makes sense now the things he said to Fang about Thorn.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Dark Hunters:An Insiders Guide Enhanced Edition by Sherrilyn Kenyon in Dark Hunter Series

I found this to be pretty useless, but I have all but one of the short stories, but I do like the stories themselves

Dark Hunter Christmas Part 1
Dark Hunter Christmas Part 2
Second Chances
The Promise
Fear the Darkness
Where Angel's Dear to Tread

I have read The Promise somewhere else, but can't for the life of me remember where.Ugh!
Rhonda
unfortunately my kindle cant see the videos. but I had not read these stories before and they did give more insight to the dark hunter world. I love simi. I loved it and wished it was longer I wanted to know more. It would be hard to meet your great grandaughter and not say anything to her. I want to know why they want marrisa. but it is worth reading especially if you have read the other books.
Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥
This review is only for "Where Angels Fear to Tread" since I read the other stories a while ago and can't remember the details.

Since Zeke first showed up in Bad Moon Rising I really like him and it was nice to see a bit more of him. But the story still felt lacking. It could have been fleshed out some more.
Diana
I bought this for my Kindle thinking that is might be something similar to the DH Companion but it just contains some chapters from other books as well as a couple short stories.
Jason
It was sad to see Ash at Nick's mother's funeral. The honor he bestowed upon her was so nice. However, Nick has some valid points....

Khristine Stain
Bought this thinking I had missed out on some Dark Hunter novellas only to realize that I had already read them all.
Tanya
Interesting stories and video from SK. Recommend for fans of the series!
Monkeegurl
Everything has been published before and the videos didn't justify the cost.
Sue Grimshaw
this is good but really, they out date themselves so quickly.
Julie
This book helped with a few questions I had. Good read!
Izy
Rating~ 4.5 stars.

Lenz
Dak-Hunter-ish. ~
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Pilar
Pilar marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Haddassah
Haddassah marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Simone
Simone marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Susan Corning
Susan Corning marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
The Promise... 3 12 Sep 18, 2013 11:30PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5: Highlander, #8)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Darkness Within (Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
  • The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference: An Indispensable Compendium of Myth and Magic
  • A Highlander Christmas (Pine Creek Highlanders, #7)
  • Ferris Braden (Beyond the Marius Brothers, #6)
  • Hearts Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • The Gauntlet (Cassandra Palmer #0.5)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Sunday Morning (Psy-Changeling, #8.5)
  • Heart of Darkness (Includes: Lords of the Underworld, #4.5)
  • Darkest at Dawn (Dark, #14-15)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Hellchaser (6 books)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Were-Hunter, #4)
  • The Guardian (Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #11)
  • Son of No One (Hellchasers, #6; Dark-Hunter, #13)
  • Dragonbane (Hellchaser, #7; Dark Hunter #24)
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)