Hers 3: Brilliant New Fiction by Lesbian Writers

Hers 3: Brilliant New Fiction by Lesbian Writers

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A lesbian is driven to set fire to discarded mattresses. A scientist discovers the joy of karaoke singing. A young woman waits for her lover to be released from prison, a woman masturbates on the Tokyo subway, and another rises from lovemaking to concoct a magical soup. Featuring stories by noted authors Emma Donoghue, Barbara Wilson, Judith Barrington, and Donna Allegra,...more
Published July 1st 1999 by Faber & Faber

To ask other readers questions about Hers 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hers 3

Deidre
I usually don't go out for short story collection because I find they leave me wanting. Or they have a few good threads & too many fillers. This collection was delicious all the way through. The characters are complete in their own brief tales and only one edgy violent story tempted me to skim a bit. Makes me want to go out & read every one of these authors full length stories.
Natalie
The stories that were a part of this collection were much better than I expected. Although, there were some pieces I could have done without. I thought the writing was smart and engaging and the stories provide a nice alternative to 'erotic fiction' (which is often the only type of short story fiction offered on bookstore shelves).
sarah rouan
cause like the one about the lesbian elementary school teacher who went to tokyo to indulge her public transportation fetish
AJ
AJ marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Nevillegirl
Nevillegirl marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
M. L.
M. L. added it
Jun 09, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Eric Blumer
Eric Blumer marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Bethany Lockhart
Bethany Lockhart marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Jerry Kolarik
Jerry Kolarik marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Liz
Liz added it
Mar 06, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2010
Jodi
Jodi added it
Jan 18, 2010
Insurgent Muse: Life and Art at the Woman's Building EMBERS Bailey's Beads Hers Stealing Angel