Start by marking “Shelton in Love (Shelton #1)” as Want to Read:
Shelton in Love (Shelton #1)

Shelton in Love (Shelton #1)

Shelton is falling hard for his best friend and roommate, finding Nevil's dark good looks and moments of gentleness almost impossible to resist. But Nevil is more interested in affairs of the body than the heart. As Shelton's desire for the man grows, he wonders if he can change Nevil's mind. But does he even want to? Nevil might not stay, once he learns Shelton's secret, ...more
Published May 13th 2011 by Breathless Press

To ask other readers questions about Shelton in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shelton in Love

Miz Love
Jun 16, 2011 Miz Love rated it it was amazing
Here is a tale that perfectly shows how rooming with someone you have a secret yearning for can mess with your emotions. Shelton, an adorable guy who watches the man he loves go out with several different men, hides how this makes him feel. He’s a friend to Nevil, and as friends do, they support and sound interested in what you’re doing. Shelton is interested in Nevil’s life, but not because he wants to know everything about who Nevil is seeing and how that relationship is progressing. He’d rath ...more
Vio
May 17, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-read, sweet, m-m
This was such a sweet romance, I loved Shelton and Nevil, but I nearly cried in frustration as it ended way too soon I wanted to know more..!! The author has written a sequel "Shelton's Promise" hopefully it will be more than 20 pages long.

I am Looking forward to reading more from this author,"Hint" a novel length book would be great.
The Project
Feb 23, 2012 The Project rated it liked it
D.S. Williams
May 07, 2015 D.S. Williams rated it really liked it
This short story by Dianne Hartsock was thoroughly enjoyable, and follows the life of Shelton, who is in love with his roommate, but doesn't think his roommate could ever settle down with him alone.
Dianne Hartsock tells a sweet, romantic tale about two men, one of whom wonders if he will ever form a stable relationship, and his love for a man who plays the field.
The story is credible, realistic and the dialogue between the characters was really good. I found myself emotionally involved from the
Laura M
Jul 29, 2011 Laura M rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I really enjoyed the story, and I loved the way Nevil identified his lovers (view spoiler). Shelton's pain and embarrassment over his secret were so obvious (and well described) but Nevil was frustratingly slow at realizing what he wanted in the relationship. Looking forward to the sequel.
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

Sweet, short and makes you say ‘Awww'. That about sums up this little story about two guys who find a way to each other and that happily ever after.

Shelton is in love with his friend and roommate. Unfortunately Nevil is a guy who literally changes guys as he does socks. How can one have a future with a man like Nevil?

Well, there is more to Nevil than Shelton makes us believe, and while the man is seductively
Lucy
Apr 01, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
Nevil is beautiful, witty and really does go through men. He has a sort of stable of men he can call (and associates them with the color of the socks he is wearing that day). Gray socks? Going to go out with Percy today. Shelton is Nevil’s best friend and loves him, but he can’t be just another sock in Nevil’s drawer. Plus, Shelton has a secret, one that pains him very much (and has caused him to be treated poorly by asshat exes). Nevil, on the other hand, does he not realize what Shelton feels ...more
Tina
Aug 24, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelton and Nevil are roommates. Nevil goes through men like he goes through socks; he even has socks to match the man he’s dating at the time. Shelton wants Nevil but doesn’t want to get hurt. When Nevil shows interest in Shelton, Shelton falls hard, he has a secret he’s never told Nevil. When Nevil finds out will he dump Shelton for good?

Shelton in Love by Diane Hartsock is a really sweet romantic read which touches on some really deep issues. It’s not just an average book with lots of sex. I
Susan Laine
Sep 28, 2012 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
I liked this short story quite a bit. Shelton is kind of sweet and insecure, while Nevil is the brazen incorrigible flirt. Shelton has fallen in love, but Nevil seems oblivious.

These two men live together as roommates, so Shelton gets a front row seat to watch Nevil's endless hook-ups. There's a painful reason why Shelton is afraid to tell Nevil how he feels, and that comes through very clearly.

As we don't get Nevil's point of view, he remains something of a mystery. For this story it worked, be
Shayla Mist
Jul 17, 2014 Shayla Mist rated it it was amazing
Dianne Hartsock is officially one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with Shelton from the first page. The characters were captivating and the plot very intriguing. I'm a goner for unrequited love stories and this one is definitely one of the best I've read. Too bad it was so short. But at the same time, I was amazed that the author managed to create such a compelling story and such complex characters in such a short story. Usually it takes a little longer for readers to get attached to the ...more
Siobhan Muir
May 16, 2015 Siobhan Muir rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, sexy, and short m/m romance, and a great introduction to the series based on Shelton and Nevil. I really enjoyed the build up of this relationship and the sexy interplay between the characters. Looking forward to reading the whole series by Ms. Hartsock.
Arthur
Jul 09, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this story. The plot is the standard 'roommates-turn-lovers', but the execution is really nicely done.

Read this together with its sequel, Shelton's Promise.
Megan Martin
Dec 31, 2012 Megan Martin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: breathless-press
To be honest this is the first m/m romance I have ever read and Ms. Hartsock did not dissapoint.
The feelings that Shelton harbors for Neville are so innocent and loving that it was easy for me to connect with Shelton on a personal level. It's difficult for him because he doesn't want to become another one of Neville's many flings and he battles with his feelings better than I would have if put in his shoes.
I can't wait to read the other books in Ms. Hartsock's Shelton series.
This is a wonderfu
Beck
Dec 26, 2014 Beck rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet nooner that was close but missed the mark. Short stories due to their limited word count have a lot of ground to cover in a short space of time & I felt that Hartsock tried to fit too much story in. I was left wanting to know about the relationship they had as flat mates prior to their hook up. Why the socks? What happened to Patrick? Who hurt Shelton in the past? I hate being left with oodles of loose ends. This didn't leave me feeling satisfied at all.

Originally posted on

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Sadonna
Apr 04, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
Sweetly romantic short story of Shelton and Nevil - friends, room mates and eventually lovers.
Riina Y.T.
Feb 15, 2015 Riina Y.T. rated it liked it
Nice shortie with sweet MCs :)
Wendelina Fijneman-zwaan
Wendelina Fijneman-zwaan marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Scott Grunthaner
Scott Grunthaner marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Pixie
Pixie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Stephanie Puterbaugh
Stephanie Puterbaugh marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Christina McKee
Christina McKee rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Tami Veldura
Tami Veldura marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Debbie McGowan
Debbie McGowan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kelliea Ashley
Kelliea Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
After growing up in California and spending the first ten years of marriage in Colorado, I now live in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon with my incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours I spend hunched over the keyboard letting my characters play.
I have to say, Oregon’s raindrops are the perfect setting in which to write. There’s something about being cooped up in th
More about Dianne Hartsock...

Shelton (5 books)
  • Shelton's Promise (Shelton #2)
  • Shelton's Choice (Shelton #3)
  • Shelton's Homecoming (Shelton, #4)
  • Merry Christmas Shelton (Shelton #5)