Start by marking “Shapes in the Sky: A Book about Clouds” as Want to Read:
Shapes in the Sky: A Book about Clouds

Shapes in the Sky: A Book about Clouds

Clouds come in all sorts of types, including cumulus, cumulonimbus, stratus, and cirrus. Learn how to tell each cloud type apart.
Paperback
Published September 1st 2003 by Picture Window Books (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Shapes in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shapes in the Sky

Meghan
Sep 19, 2016 Meghan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction-love
Easy read, great language, interesting information for 1st grade. Will use for visualizing & science
Heidi-Marie
A very, very simple science book about clouds. Really good for a young child just beginning to show interest. But I think it's for too young an audience even to book talk it at Book Time.

4/28/14 I re-read this with my summer preschool theme of weather in mind. I think I can make it work this time. Maybe have some real pictures of those clouds? Do like we did in YW camp one year and have the kids pretend to be the clouds. Definitely worth a shot.

6/18/14 Used in Weather theme, but I just told them
Eva Kelly
Oct 23, 2015 Eva Kelly rated it it was amazing
This was another good fact book. It's about all the different kinds of clouds. And you know what I like? That it tells you things you kind of knew but didn't really think about. Like cloudy days are cooler and cloudy nights are warmer. I never noticed that but it's true. And now it's in a book!
And FOG is a cloud. So when it's foggy, you're inside a cloud. I'm CIRRUS! HA HA!
This one is like the sand book because at the end it tells you how to make a cloud, but I don't think we'll be doing that on
Khadija Bensaadoun
Apr 23, 2012 Khadija Bensaadoun rated it it was amazing
Through an entertain story the book, Shapes In The Sky: A Book About Clouds" explains how clouds are formed and provides details on different kinds of clouds. This book can be used when teaching a 4rth or 5th grade lesson on weather and the different types of clouds. Throughout the month the students can take pictures and then make a scrap book of the different types of clouds that were formed in their neighborhood!
Andrea Retana
Mar 09, 2013 Andrea Retana rated it really liked it
This book is a fantastic book that teaches students about clouds shapes. It is a very easy book to read and understand for K- 5th grade students. It will be an excellent source for a science lesson. The students will enjoy and learn about different kind of clouds while they are reading it .

Shapes In The Sky, Josepha Sherman, Grade K-5, Weather and different typse of Clouds.
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Amber Lund
Amber Lund rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Christine Turner
Jul 29, 2009 Christine Turner rated it it was amazing
Series: Amazing science

This book has great illustrations and would work for storytime.
Thea Ross
Thea Ross rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Awjtf
Feb 12, 2016 Awjtf added it
Shelves: childrens-books
very cool book about clouds!
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2012
Reagan
Apr 08, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Part of a science lesson on clouds a really fun read.
Ms.Gaye
Includes instructions on making a cloud with ice!
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2009
Sage
Sage rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Trina Baldwin
Trina Baldwin rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Emily Duran
Emily Duran rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Christina Gilliam
Christina Gilliam rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Brenda Osell
Brenda Osell rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
constance dennis
constance dennis rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Dana Gaar
Dana Gaar rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Hanno Schwartz
Hanno Schwartz rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Sofia
Sofia rated it liked it
May 10, 2012
Ria
Ria rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Josepha Sherman was an American author, folklorist, and anthologist. In 1990 she won the Compton Crook Award for the novel The Shining Falcon.
More about Josepha Sherman...