Start by marking “Zombie Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Zombie Betrayal

Zombie Betrayal

3.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Joe is stuck in a marriage that is quickly circling the drain. Can he hold onto his sanity as he struggles with the prospect of an unfaithful wife? Or will the precarious house of card that is his mind come tumbling down upon him?
Published March 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Betrayal

Katie
Aug 16, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. It was excellent. Very little Zombie action, a couple paragraphs during the climax, but the setup for the novel this is a prequel to was perfect. I loved the development of this story that showed the disintegration of a marriage, in a realistic way, from the man's point of view that allowed you to identify with a character falling apart in addition to setting up the world for this story and future novel. I can't wait for The New Days: Zero Hour to be released. Normally I do NOT ...more
Cathy
Aug 06, 2011 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
A believable (??) reason for the existence of zombies. Too bad the man who made the discovery won't be around for the outcome.
Good short story.
Morrigan
Nov 08, 2011 Morrigan rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Zombie Betrayal is a short story. Joe is down on his luck. He lost his job, his marriage is falling apart and even his son ignores him. There are very few zombies in this book. The book is actually about Joe’s imploding life. Joe notices certain strange things that he doesn’t piece together until the very end 9the zombie things). The author also introduces another character, a writer looking for Joe’s story. This is a big add-on with much ado about nothing. If anything, this is the beginning of ...more
Robert DeCoteau
May 13, 2011 Robert DeCoteau rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
While not your typical zombie title, this short story was fun to write and It sparked an idea that I won't be able to let go until it's all out. There are very few actual zombies in the story, but hopefully once my next book is out this short story will make much more sense to everyone. This title is free at Smashwords or you can get the entire book at Freado.
At the end you'll find the first three chapters of my Prequel to The New Days: The First Son So, I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to
Jennifer Wardrip
Not really a zombie story, but a pretty decent short story, regardless. Joe and Jenny are an average married couple with a son, Daniel. But when Joe begins to suspect that his wife is having an affair, things start to spiral out of control. Is everything as it seems, or is Joe literally going crazy? A quick, fairly well-written story, but there were several places where a more thorough editing could have helped. Overall, still a fun little read.
M.L. Roos
Oct 16, 2011 M.L. Roos rated it it was amazing
Excellent story about the disintegration of a marriage, disillusionment, and betrayal. A little short on the zombie angle, but what I did appreciate was the way the zombie infection was explained. Very well done. Very well written, and now waiting for more.

Ruby  Tombstone [With A Vengeance]
From the blurb, "Or will the precarious house of card that is his mind come tumbling down upon him?". I want to read this just for the "house of card". I can see why that might be precarious.
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Corrine
Corrine marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
kim leonard
kim leonard rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2015
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Cathie Toppari
Cathie Toppari marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Matt Mcbee
Matt Mcbee rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2014
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jonny Berg
Jonny Berg rated it it was ok
May 30, 2014
Jannene
Jannene marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Courtney Hillard
Courtney Hillard rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Elissa Hayworth
Elissa Hayworth marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Dawn Peers
Dawn Peers marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Lynne Akers
Lynne Akers rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Robert DeCoteau
I was born in 1974 in Bremerton, Washington. I moved to Bellingham, Washington at the age of four and have been here ever since.
I love living in the Pacific Northwest about two months out of the year. The other ten months it rains.
Constant rain gives me plenty of time to read and write. While I'm hooked on writing horror right now, I enjoy many other genres.
My favorite author is Rob
More about Robert DeCoteau...