Start by marking “A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit

A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit

Leads readers to a deeper understanding of what it means to cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in their lives. This title helps readers discover: the attitudes of love, joy, and peace; the actions of patience, kindness, and goodness; and the disciplines of faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Published March 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Walk with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Walk with God

Amber
Apr 24, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing
Very clear and concise book on how the Fruits of the Spirit play out practically in the heart and life of a Godly woman. I loved it because she encourages her reader on to doing better rather than just discouraging the reader for not always doing it in the past. Very encouraging and convicting read.
Best of all, she bases everything she says on Scripture.
Sandra Ellison
Jul 24, 2015 Sandra Ellison rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book. I recommend this book for every female who has given her Life to God wether it was recent or have done so for years! Elizabeth George provides such detailed insigt on the 9 spirits with also making great biblical reference. This booked helped me to look into my own life to see where changes can be made to better my walk with God. I pray this book is as helpful with someone elses walk as it has been with mines! :-)
Kay
May 31, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the rather irritating style ("And now, dear sisters...") this is an excellent and thought-provoking book about the fruits of the Spirit and how they should be manifest in our lives. The chapter on Experiencing God's Peace was particularly helpful. Definitely a book I shall recommend and possible make a present of to others.
Englandjennifer
Nov 12, 2013 Englandjennifer rated it really liked it
This book does a great job describing each fruit of the spirit and how to incorporate into your life.
Maria
Jul 23, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Allowed me to view the fruit of the spirit in a whole new way and learn to grow in this area.
Taryn
Feb 22, 2008 Taryn rated it it was amazing
I obviously can't get enough of this writer.. I own most of her stuff... its my passion to be a better mother, wife, sister, daughter.....
Kelli
May 05, 2014 Kelli rated it it was amazing
Practical and easy to apply. Will re-read. Especially liked how she defined each fruit.
Janet
May 07, 2015 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: god-stuff
Good practical application, definitions and teaching.

Tara
Aug 31, 2008 Tara rated it it was amazing
Provides the best understanding of the fruits of the Spirit I've ever read.
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 05, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Buy it and love it!
Jackie

5 stars

Molly Cline
Jan 26, 2016 Molly Cline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography, 2016
Ms George writes her books as if she was sitting at her table drinking coffee with you and having a nice visit. She uses scripture as a way of guiding her words to help us to understand how we feel, what we do, how we act according to God. She never points fingers at 'you' but includes herself as she writes as we are all human and all have faults. A few other devotional books I've read in the past the author acts so much 'better' than the reader and likes to point fingers etc. But not Ms George. ...more
Loretta
Jul 16, 2016 Loretta rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth George led the readers on a journey through the Fruits of the Spirit. She explained them in sets of three and then she shared scripture that showed Biblical characters exemplifying the fruits, examples of personal stories, and finally how Jesus lived each of these in his daily life. I am keeping this book to reread and reread.
Amy
Aug 29, 2007 Amy rated it really liked it
This was a great bible study I did with a close friend. I really like having the questions in the back and the insight she offered on how to grow in the Spirit. We did a chapter per week over the course of about 3 months. But we have 5 kids between us and we weren't able to do it every single week. I loved the emphasis on prayer.
Cynthia  Sanders
I see this as an excellent tool for a Sunday School or Bible Study. In addition, it would serve well for a Christian committed to drawing closer to God by practicing the principles Jesus taught us through His example. In essence, this book challenges us to walk in the light by truly living a Christ-like life. Blessings, Cyndy
Jennifer Failla
Sep 30, 2010 Jennifer Failla rated it really liked it
I love this writer...very insightful for all things sacred. Elizabeth's writings have helped me with spiritual growth and her honest manner help you to feel you are not alone in your questions and journey.
Michelle Mielke
Apr 16, 2013 Michelle Mielke rated it it was amazing
A great book reminding me of the power of the Holy Spirit in me to produce fruit that glorifies God and displays His presence, strength and redeeming love in me! I highly recommend this as a personal read and as a book study with friends, which is what I am doing.
Swaystay
Mar 22, 2010 Swaystay is currently reading it
really good stuff. learning a lot about being patient, kind, loving, joyful, etc. highly recommended.
Amanda Lyons
Oct 08, 2012 Amanda Lyons rated it it was amazing
A great meditative study on the fruit of the Spirit and how to foster those fruit in your life. A very "applicable" book for a person's walk with God.
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Rita Guzman
Rita Guzman rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2012
Melo
Melo rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Lyn
Lyn rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Teri Underwood
Teri Underwood rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Mariejkt
Mariejkt rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Missie
Missie rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • Choosing Forgiveness: Your Journey to Freedom
  • Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You've Longed to Be
  • Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book
  • Improving Your Serve
  • Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness
  • The Cry of the Soul: How Our Emotions Reveal Our Deepset Questions about God
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...

“The best beauty treatment of all is time spent quietly before the Lord.” 0 likes
“Joy is a sure sign of the presence of God in your life.” 0 likes