Start by marking “Found (Firstborn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Found (Firstborn, #3)

Found (Firstborn #3)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,695 Ratings  ·  146 Reviews
A Desperate Search
Driven by his wife’s dying wish to find their firstborn son, John Baxter sets about the search. His prayer? That Elizabeth’s wish would be fulfilled before the upcoming Baxter family reunion. One strange turn follows another, but when the answers finally come, they shake John to his core. Will he agree to walk away and keep the secret of a lifetime, or wi
Published October 1st 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Vasilka
Dec 12, 2008 Vasilka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, I loved it. And I cried sooo much during this book. I also stayed up till after 12 every night this week because I was THAT addicted to this book! I love Karen Kingsbury's books!
Jodi
Feb 28, 2013 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a instense book. Normally I can read throughout the day while my family is watching tv, but this time I had to focus to really understand all that was happening. Dayne is finally coming to terms with his past and discovering how to fill the emptiness in his life. He has done well in the entertainment business but never really felt happy. Ever since he met Katy Hart he has been looking for a simplier life one that is more normal. He has been thinking about the Baxter family alot and wond ...more
Honeypie
Jun 21, 2015 Honeypie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This may be a fictional story, but nothing is fictional about the power of the Holy Spirit. I love, love the street ministry scene. Surreal, but I believe it happens.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them... When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment. Each one heard their own language being spoken!
Acts 2:4,6
Laura Cannon
Aug 23, 2015 Laura Cannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Hard topics, adoption and abortion, pain of making wrong choices. God can take a mess and make it a message! Her. 29:11
Apr 07, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story was skillfully written, I was caught from the beginning. John Baxter driven by his wife’s dying wish made an attempt to find their firstborn son one they had to give away as a young couple. Although the couple went on to have other children they never forgot their first born. He knew there would be lots of questions from his children since there was never a mention of another child.
He was trying to find this son before their upcoming family reunion with one of the daughter knows the s
Mauselochsarah
Jul 28, 2015 Mauselochsarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dieses Buch hat mich fazienierd wie schnell ein Mensch sein Lebn änder kann ist doch mal wieder worüber man mal nachdenken sollte. Ich denke das es ein sehr gelungenes Buch war und passt perfekt in die Serie mit rein. War sehr dankbar das Er sich verändert hat für sie aber dann auch festellen musste das Er sich nicht für sie verändern sollte sonder für Gott. Leben ist genau so: Aufeinmal kommt was auf dich zu womit du schon immer Probleme hattest und dann plätzllich musst du damit rechnen das de ...more
Traci
Mar 31, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many ways to be found. Another in this series that I cannot put down and have a hard time waiting for our library to send the next one of! Fast, clean and emotional read.
Lynn
Mar 01, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so engrossed in the lives of the Baxter family, their friends & Dayne that I can not wait to begin the next book in this series!! Highly addicting!!
Randy Tramp
Sep 07, 2014 Randy Tramp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rolling hills is what comes to mind thinking of this book. I ascend a hill, get to the top and read faster to get to the next scene. I lost a lot of sleep over this read. I cried a lot of tears over this story. I felt the excitement, thrill and heartbreak.

Anyone would want the Baxter family to be their next door neighbors. They were a loving family with everyday challenges. There was a void in their hearts left by an adoption many years previous. Would he be found? The storms in the book were in
Hannah
Jun 24, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel that Karen is back on form with this book! It is, by far, the best book in this firstborn series! I really appreciated the way she dealt with some of the issues, especially discussing abortion from a male perspective, which I think can often be forgotten about. I appreciate that the romantic story took a bit of a back seat in this book whilst Dayne's character was coming to grips with his faith.
It also reminded me of the importance of sharing my faith with those around me. Any book that c
Kristy
I LOVED THE ENDING.
Laura Beasley
The third book in the series and another wonderful book. Dyane is struggling to find the Lord. John is trying to find his first born son and when he does Dayne's agent tells him he does not want to meet him or the family. Ashley keeps questioning her father and will not give up on finding her brother. A tornado strikes their town and Ashley goes in to labor during the storm and came close to dying. Her son is born. The family reunion turned out a little different than planned. Dayne learns John ...more
Tamara Tilley
FOUND, the third book in the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury was amazing!

Dayne Matthews’ world continues to get more and more complicated. Just when he thinks he will be able to set the record straight and start a relationship with Katy Hart, he receives information he can’t ignore. With his back against the wall, he does what he knows is right, even if it means the end of his chances with Katy.

John Baxter is doing everything he can to find his son, the one that he and his deceased wife had
Havebooks Willread
I think this series would have been much better if she had made it one book. I remember feeling this way about Beverly Lewis and her Shunning series (which is why I never read any more of her books). If this was my first Kingsbury series, I wouldn't read her anymore, but I am so curious about the Baxter family and want to see what happens, so I keep reading (but I have to admit I occasionally skip a couple pages here and there of meaningless dialogue).
AmyNikita
Dec 19, 2014 AmyNikita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to enjoy this book because I want to read more Christian fiction and find GOOD Christian authors. But this book was cheesy, and I felt Kingsbury was pushing her beliefs and they came across very weak.
There is such a thing as a good Christian book, but even stronger, there is definitely such a thing as a BAD Christian book. And this, sadly, is a BAD one
Cara Noyes
Jun 14, 2015 Cara Noyes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tornados are just part of the whirlwind in this book! I enjoyed this third installment of the series. Dayne has a deep personal journey in this book, and like the song "Amazing Grace" says: "I once was lost but now am found..." Great tie of the hymn into the book title. I look forward to the final 2 in the FIRSTBORN set.
Becca
I think after reading 8 books by the same author and about the same characters the flaws begin to stick out above the good parts. Kingsbury has several phrases that she uses frequently: close the distance between them, look into the (deep, untouched, secret) places of his/her heart, found his/her eyes and held them...among others. They start to detract because where they once were clever or insightful they become trite and over-used. She drags out major plot points as if that's what needed to ge ...more
Susan
Feb 27, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another section in the adventure that is Dayne Matthews life. It is a bit slow for me, you just get going with one character and it jumps to another character where you start another story and have to wait for several chapters to finish where you left off. I did a lot of skimming in places to get to the good stuff. It does end in a happy place at least. I was glad to finally have the reunion between John Baxter and Dayne Matthews.

I feel that the characters do not receive enough personal
Michaela
Apr 14, 2015 Michaela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What will Kabala connected, Hollywood heartthrob, Dayne Matthews do when he finds that his child has been aborted? What will become of his connections to Katy Hart and his birth family the Baxters when tornadoes rip through the Bloomington community?
Brenda Gough
I skipped over a lot of the book and mostly just focused on Dayne and Katy. It was a long and drawn out series. Katy's inner dialogue was aggravating. I appreciate the Christian messages, but there was so much repetition that I got annoyed.
Ebeye Jane Quijano
I so loved this book. The story is very inspiring. It actually made me cry. And the way they show their love to the people around them. They always put God in the center of everything. Wonderful story. :)
Dorcas
Well, it was different from any novel I have read....not up to the standards I was expecting, but it was interesting all the same. a few predictable scenes but there were also several unpredictable scenes :-). Would like to read more of her books to understand her style better :)
Kim Chadwick
The storyline of this series is incredible. This was such a good book! Sometimes the flow of the dialog gets a little bogged down, but the story itself makes up for that easily. Karen Kingsbury is a gifted storyteller, and I'm excited to see what's in store next for Dayne Matthews, Katy Hart, and the Baxters.
Mary Beth
Jul 13, 2015 Mary Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't generally like "celebrity" stories, but this one was good. I am usually bored by paparazzi and all of that business, but I managed not to think about it and just enjoy the story.
Kristel Martin
Feb 07, 2015 Kristel Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this one down. Firstborn #2 took me forever to read as it was slow and drug out and accomplished nothing. I read this one is a little more than a day. Amazing!
Shannon Bazen
Mar 07, 2014 Shannon Bazen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Karen Kingsbury hits another home run with her book. She is amazing and gifted. I enjoy reading about the Baxter family.
Sue Klasing
Been anxiously waiting for this one to come out. I feel like I've been to a family reunion every time I read about the Baxter family. They have all become such good friends! I read this in one day and now I have to wait several months for the next one "Family" I just found out there will be a 5th book in this series... "Forever"
Heather Brunet
Sep 07, 2014 Heather Brunet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a privilege to laugh and cry while they went through the ups and downs of being found ...
Kim Sullivan
Aug 08, 2015 Kim Sullivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Had me in tears!! I can't get enough of these books!
Tanya Peck
Jul 12, 2015 Tanya Peck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm absolutely addicted to this series. I can't wait to start book #4.
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught
  • The Englisher (Annie's People, #2)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Firstborn (5 books)
  • Fame (Firstborn, #1)
  • Forgiven (Firstborn, #2)
  • Family (Firstborn, #4)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)