Found

Found (Firstborn #3)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  6,050 ratings  ·  113 reviews
A Desperate Search
Driven by his wife’s dying wish to find their firstborn son, John Baxter sets about the search. His prayer? That Elizabeth’s wish would be fulfilled before the upcoming Baxter family reunion. One strange turn follows another, but when the answers finally come, they shake John to his core. Will he agree to walk away and keep the secret of a lifetime, or wi...more
Published September 29th 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

Jodi
This was a instense book. Normally I can read throughout the day while my family is watching tv, but this time I had to focus to really understand all that was happening. Dayne is finally coming to terms with his past and discovering how to fill the emptiness in his life. He has done well in the entertainment business but never really felt happy. Ever since he met Katy Hart he has been looking for a simplier life one that is more normal. He has been thinking about the Baxter family alot and wond...more
Nadine
Simply wonderful!! The author has a gift with words. I got so involved in the outcome of the story that I started tearing up at the end. I'm looking forward to reading the last 2 books of the series :)
Vasilka
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, I loved it. And I cried sooo much during this book. I also stayed up till after 12 every night this week because I was THAT addicted to this book! I love Karen Kingsbury's books!
Traci
Many ways to be found. Another in this series that I cannot put down and have a hard time waiting for our library to send the next one of! Fast, clean and emotional read.
Lynn
I am so engrossed in the lives of the Baxter family, their friends & Dayne that I can not wait to begin the next book in this series!! Highly addicting!!
Kristy
I LOVED THE ENDING.
Tamara
FOUND, the third book in the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury was amazing!

Dayne Matthews’ world continues to get more and more complicated. Just when he thinks he will be able to set the record straight and start a relationship with Katy Hart, he receives information he can’t ignore. With his back against the wall, he does what he knows is right, even if it means the end of his chances with Katy.

John Baxter is doing everything he can to find his son, the one that he and his deceased wife had...more
Havebooks Willread
I think this series would have been much better if she had made it one book. I remember feeling this way about Beverly Lewis and her Shunning series (which is why I never read any more of her books). If this was my first Kingsbury series, I wouldn't read her anymore, but I am so curious about the Baxter family and want to see what happens, so I keep reading (but I have to admit I occasionally skip a couple pages here and there of meaningless dialogue).
Becca
I think after reading 8 books by the same author and about the same characters the flaws begin to stick out above the good parts. Kingsbury has several phrases that she uses frequently: close the distance between them, look into the (deep, untouched, secret) places of his/her heart, found his/her eyes and held them...among others. They start to detract because where they once were clever or insightful they become trite and over-used. She drags out major plot points as if that's what needed to ge...more
Susan
This is another section in the adventure that is Dayne Matthews life. It is a bit slow for me, you just get going with one character and it jumps to another character where you start another story and have to wait for several chapters to finish where you left off. I did a lot of skimming in places to get to the good stuff. It does end in a happy place at least. I was glad to finally have the reunion between John Baxter and Dayne Matthews.

I feel that the characters do not receive enough personal...more
Shannon Bazen
Karen Kingsbury hits another home run with her book. She is amazing and gifted. I enjoy reading about the Baxter family.
Dawn
I really like how the series continues to build on characters that you already know from previous books. It makes it a lot of fun to read. The ending of this one was really good. But, I can tell my views on Christianity are quite a bit different than the author's. Like the scene in Mexico was really bizarre to me because the missionary says something like, "If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, come on down!" That seems way to showy, or like some sort of game show. B...more
D.D. Symms
Technically, the story is written well. The characters are developed fairly well. The language skims the surface -- probably my biggest criticism of Debbie Macomber, too. The characters are nice and clean like Dayne the hero is a Hollywood star and one wife's husband is a handsome fireman so a bit o' stereotyping but , hey we all do it, too.

I felt like there was a lot of repetition and telling us, "hey, look, he's a Hollywood star" throughout. Did well dealing with issues of faith.
Tammy
It doesn't matter how much money you have or whether your the owner or the one who cleans the floor. When your life here on earth is done, all that will matter is whether you heard the knock of Christ on Your Heart. And whether you took this chance to open the door and Ask God In. He Is the God Of Miracles!!
I'am so glad that God put Karen Kingsbury's books in my life. They leave such a good message in my heart.
Wmd9800
My motivation to read these books was because of the youth theatre stuff. That is a small part, but what there is, is true to life. At least in comparison with the theater I'm involved in.

I enjoy these books and find there are lots of good things to take away and ponder. And I'm a little jealous of all of their talents, success, etc. But I guess there is plenty other depressing stuff out there to read. :)
Kim Holdiman
Love Karen Kingsbury! Everything she writes touches my heart. There's always love and family issues that need resolution. God is always the center of that resolution. She has a way of sharing scripture that brings it to a new light for me. I just plain feel good when I read her books. They are an easy read...a curl up in your favorite chair and just enjoy!
Brooke
This is the first follow-up series to Redemption Series. It too is very good. My one complaint about this series though is at times it feels like it moves rather slowly. As events unfold you kind of wish the story would move along a bit more quickly as it did in the previous series. All in all though its another winner by Karen Kingsbury!
Natasja
Wat is het toch een geweldige familie,en heerlijk dat we er van kunnen blijven genieten.
Ook dit deel was weer geweldig en zo vol liefde, en ook Ashley mijn favoriete personage kwam weer ruim aan bod.
Het mooie van deze serie is dat er nog 2 aankomen dat kun je zien op de pagina van Karen Kingsbury zelf,nou laat maar komen hoor.
Michelle Peterson
I really enjoyed the series the came before this one. However the series are connected so I had to read them to find out what happens to the Baxter family. I found this next series to be a little corny I guess. Still really fun to read but the first Redemption series was so good this series is a little bit of a let down for me.
Rachel
Karen Kingsbury writes very well with powerful plots,wonderful characters,and interesting crises about faith and family relationships. She's quite good at drawing characters that readers respond to emotionally,and her plots are entertaining as well as deeply Christian. I really have loved following the Baxter family story.
Siobhan Parker
Karen Kingsbury has done it once again! As the drama of the Baxter family continues to unfold, the story is wonderfully involving, and the writing is great, especially the way Mrs. Kingsbury gets into her characters' heads. If you've enjoyed the previous Baxter tales, there's little chance you won't like this one, too.
Patricia
Secrets are not always easy to keep and the father of this family promised he would find their firstborn and make him a part of the family. Another case of letting faith take over and not to try to do everything on our own. I have read almost all of Karen Kingsbury's books and look forward to reading the ones I've missed.
Nicole
I got this book while I was at work (I'm a librarian) and started reading straight away, that's how much I was looking forward to it.
I loved it like I love all Karen's books in the Baxter saga, and definitely had some emotional moments as the story progressed. Especially towards the end of the book !!!!!!!!!
Kelli
Awesome concept, really! But not executed well. Not as bad writing as some other Christian romance, but still truly sappy. I know some go for the sap...mostly I just can't. And I don't think this book is in anyway close to what would happen in real life. But its a story, so I give it that.
Pamela
Amazing, already started the next book in the series. Going to be so sad when there are no more books. So glad they have all been published so I don't have to wait for the next one. Really try to force myself to read slow to get the whole message and story, I love them!
Kim
This one continues on with the baxter family series spinoff firstborn..in her usual fashion she inserts drama and danger with a mixture of hope and love, it's very inspiring, makes me wanna find my way to bloomfield and hug them all, even though they are fictional characters
Alice Qu
there were many christianality in the book, Dayne was trying to find god in himself. And he did. He finally met his birth parent, who was John Baxter. In the end, Dayne hoped that one day, he would escape the life of a celeberty and live a life of a regular human being.
Lola4
I am discovering I like the stories that include a lot of John Baxter, way better than the stories about his silly kids. He doesn't seem quite as immature and hysterical as the other characters and his involvement seems to salvage an otherwise idiotic story.
Ashlee Mae
I am just devouring these books! #sogood #IWantToWriteLikeThat
Darcee
AWW HOORAY!! What an emotional ride! Truly does a great job of illustrating how God has a hand in our lives and how we often don't see the big picture. All we can do is have faith that everything will work out...and with God it will work out.
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills Trilogy, #3)
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)