Start by marking “Rosalee Station” as Want to Read:
Rosalee Station

Rosalee Station

Sarah Clarke's dream is to experience life in the real outback. When her boyfriend Brad offers her a job with him on Rosalee Station, she can't believe her luck. But within days of arriving, her relationship is in tatters, and the dream is fast losing its lustre.

Sarah stays on to prove herself in the unforgiving land, earning the admiration of Matt, the station owners' son
Published May 30th 2011 by Penguin Books Australia (first published May 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rosalee Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosalee Station

Chanpreet
Mar 30, 2013 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
Shelves: mar-yc-aussie
Sarah Clarke is happy on her family's property, but what she really wants is to experience life in the outback. When her boyfriend Brad, offers an opportunity to be a bush cook for for a couple of months at Rosalee Stattion in the outback, she jumps at the chance. Happy to be there, her happiness doesn't last long, but the station owner's son Matt, can't help but admire her for her hard work and grit. Sarah also admire's Matt, but can anything come of their mutual admiration?

I loved this book an
Louisa Eggleton
Sep 17, 2011 Louisa Eggleton rated it it was ok
I'm so sorry! I tried to like this book and I did...except I was so annoyed whenever the characters opened their mouths! I got so irked by the constant colloquialisms and then the clunky way the author would explain their meaning to the uninitiated. I couldn't read past Chapter 6, just dreaded picking it up. Again...sorry but I'd read Heart Of Gold 100 times before looking at this again....that's how to write an Australian story without making everyone Captain Ocker.
Deb Bodinnar
Jun 28, 2014 Deb Bodinnar rated it really liked it
This was a great story, but I did find the amount of Aussie Slang a bit over used. Obviously being an Australian I knew what it all meant, but would think that anyone from overseas would have had a problem with some of it. I enjoyed the characters in the story and found them quite genuine. Looking forward to reading more by this Author.
Fiona Barry
Aug 02, 2012 Fiona Barry rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story, I highly recommend Mandy's books to anybody who likes to read Australian rural romance. :)
Pal
Apr 25, 2014 Pal rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read from Mandy Magro, now to start "Driftwood".
Angelita
Oct 29, 2012 Angelita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Great book highly recommend
Maureen
Aug 09, 2012 Maureen rated it it was amazing
Loved this book...could not put it down
Corinne
Loved it. Fantastic reading
Lauren K
Oct 14, 2011 Lauren K rated it liked it
This review was first posted @ The Australian Bookshelf

Sarah Clarke is a fun, Aussie, larrikin who lives on her parent’s farm and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. When her boyfriend of one year offers her a job as the cook at Rosalee Station in the Australian outback she jumps on the opportunity to spend four months learning the ropes of a mustering farm. On her first week on the farm, Sarah’s relationship ends and he leaves her behind. She decides to stay on the farm and make the most of he
Romancing the Book
Sep 12, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by author for review

Rosalee Station had the potential to be quite a good book, but, unfortunately, it didn’t even come close to reaching its potential. The plot idea for the novel was an interesting one, but it wasn’t explored thoroughly enough. This combined with the predictability of the resolution, which was caused by the absolute lack of plot twists, is what mainly let the novel down.

However, Rosalee Station might have been less of a disappointment had the c
Stacey Houllis
Jul 24, 2016 Stacey Houllis rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book by Mandy Magro . It was a great read about two young people finding love when they least expect it. When they are both in other relationship that are having problems but with the help of friends and family they both find the way to each other. A bit of Aussie slang is the the book as well as the story is set out on the Australian Outback.
Gillian Milne
Oct 01, 2014 Gillian Milne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book in the end! For the first half I found the "ockerisms" painful ! Tring too hard with the Aussie slang ! The author seemed to settle down in the end and then, I loved it!
Mikayla Parker
Aug 02, 2016 Mikayla Parker rated it liked it
This book was by far the best book I've read by Mandy Magro
Definitely going in my re-read pile!
Cheryl Wray
Cheryl Wray rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
laura claus
laura claus rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Jemma Craig
Jemma Craig rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Justine
Justine rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Astrid
Astrid rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Boots
Boots rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Courtney Davy
Courtney Davy rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
Kel
Kel rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2012
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
Izennah
Izennah rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Emma Roberts
Emma Roberts rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Emily Olive
Emily Olive rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Kulsoom Ahmed
Kulsoom Ahmed rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
  • Bella's Run
  • Zoe's Muster
  • Red Dust
  • Man Drought
  • The Bark Cutters (Gordon, #1)
  • Heart of the Valley
  • Burning Lies
  • Queen of the Road
  • Ryders Ridge
  • Wattle Creek
  • The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots
Mandy Magro lives on the New South Wales Northern coast with her daughter, Chloe Rose. With pristine aqua-blue coastline in one direction, and sweeping rural landscapes in the other, she describes her home as heaven on earth. She loves writing about soul-deep love, the Australian rural way of life, and all the wonderful characters that live there, and her own adventures on the land have made her t ...more
More about Mandy Magro...