Start by marking “Rosalee Station” as Want to Read:
Rosalee Station

Rosalee Station

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Sarah Clarke's dream is to experience life in the real outback. When her boyfriend Brad offers her a job with him on Rosalee Station, she can't believe her luck. But within days of arriving, her relationship is in tatters, and the dream is fast losing its lustre.

Sarah stays on to prove herself in the unforgiving land, earning the admiration of Matt, the station owners' son
Published May 30th 2011 by Penguin Books Australia (first published May 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rosalee Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosalee Station

Chanpreet
Sarah Clarke is happy on her family's property, but what she really wants is to experience life in the outback. When her boyfriend Brad, offers an opportunity to be a bush cook for for a couple of months at Rosalee Stattion in the outback, she jumps at the chance. Happy to be there, her happiness doesn't last long, but the station owner's son Matt, can't help but admire her for her hard work and grit. Sarah also admire's Matt, but can anything come of their mutual admiration?

I loved this book an
Louisa Eggleton
I'm so sorry! I tried to like this book and I did...except I was so annoyed whenever the characters opened their mouths! I got so irked by the constant colloquialisms and then the clunky way the author would explain their meaning to the uninitiated. I couldn't read past Chapter 6, just dreaded picking it up. Again...sorry but I'd read Heart Of Gold 100 times before looking at this again....that's how to write an Australian story without making everyone Captain Ocker.
Deb Bodinnar
This was a great story, but I did find the amount of Aussie Slang a bit over used. Obviously being an Australian I knew what it all meant, but would think that anyone from overseas would have had a problem with some of it. I enjoyed the characters in the story and found them quite genuine. Looking forward to reading more by this Author.
Fiona Barry
Fantastic story, I highly recommend Mandy's books to anybody who likes to read Australian rural romance. :)
Maureen
Loved this book...could not put it down
Angelita
Great book highly recommend
Jaye
Loved it. Fantastic reading
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by author for review

Rosalee Station had the potential to be quite a good book, but, unfortunately, it didn’t even come close to reaching its potential. The plot idea for the novel was an interesting one, but it wasn’t explored thoroughly enough. This combined with the predictability of the resolution, which was caused by the absolute lack of plot twists, is what mainly let the novel down.

However, Rosalee Station might have been less of a disappointment had the c
Lauren Murphy
This review was first posted @ The Australian Bookshelf

Sarah Clarke is a fun, Aussie, larrikin who lives on her parent’s farm and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. When her boyfriend of one year offers her a job as the cook at Rosalee Station in the Australian outback she jumps on the opportunity to spend four months learning the ropes of a mustering farm. On her first week on the farm, Sarah’s relationship ends and he leaves her behind. She decides to stay on the farm and make the most of he
Pal
Another fabulous read from Mandy Magro, now to start "Driftwood".
Gillian Milne
I really enjoyed this book in the end! For the first half I found the "ockerisms" painful ! Tring too hard with the Aussie slang ! The author seemed to settle down in the end and then, I loved it!
Lya95
Lya95 marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Tessa_kate
Tessa_kate marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Karleigh Parke
Karleigh Parke marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Miss 3500M
Miss 3500M marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Family Farm
  • North Star
  • Bella's Run
  • Brumby's Run
  • Red Dust
  • The Bark Cutters (Gordon, #1)
  • Zoe's Muster
  • Heart of the Valley
  • Man Drought
  • The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots
  • Burning Lies
  • Wattle Creek
Mandy Magro lives in the picturesque country township of Grenfell, New South Wales. She loves writing about the Australian outback and all the wonderful characters that live there, and her own adventures on the land have made her the passionate country woman she is today.
More about Mandy Magro...
Jacaranda Driftwood Flame Tree Hill Country at Heart A Country Escape