Start by marking “Rosalee Station” as Want to Read:
Rosalee Station

Rosalee Station

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Sarah Clarke's dream is to experience life in the real outback. When her boyfriend Brad offers her a job with him on Rosalee Station, she can't believe her luck. But within days of arriving, her relationship is in tatters, and the dream is fast losing its lustre.

Sarah stays on to prove herself in the unforgiving land, earning the admiration of Matt, the station owners' son
Published May 30th 2011 by Penguin Books Australia (first published May 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rosalee Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosalee Station

Chanpreet
Mar 30, 2013 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
Shelves: mar-yc-aussie
Sarah Clarke is happy on her family's property, but what she really wants is to experience life in the outback. When her boyfriend Brad, offers an opportunity to be a bush cook for for a couple of months at Rosalee Stattion in the outback, she jumps at the chance. Happy to be there, her happiness doesn't last long, but the station owner's son Matt, can't help but admire her for her hard work and grit. Sarah also admire's Matt, but can anything come of their mutual admiration?

I loved this book an
Louisa Eggleton
Sep 17, 2011 Louisa Eggleton rated it it was ok
I'm so sorry! I tried to like this book and I did...except I was so annoyed whenever the characters opened their mouths! I got so irked by the constant colloquialisms and then the clunky way the author would explain their meaning to the uninitiated. I couldn't read past Chapter 6, just dreaded picking it up. Again...sorry but I'd read Heart Of Gold 100 times before looking at this again....that's how to write an Australian story without making everyone Captain Ocker.
Deb Bodinnar
Jun 28, 2014 Deb Bodinnar rated it really liked it
This was a great story, but I did find the amount of Aussie Slang a bit over used. Obviously being an Australian I knew what it all meant, but would think that anyone from overseas would have had a problem with some of it. I enjoyed the characters in the story and found them quite genuine. Looking forward to reading more by this Author.
Fiona Barry
Aug 02, 2012 Fiona Barry rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story, I highly recommend Mandy's books to anybody who likes to read Australian rural romance. :)
Maureen
Aug 09, 2012 Maureen rated it it was amazing
Loved this book...could not put it down
Angelita
Romancing the Book
Sep 12, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by author for review

Rosalee Station had the potential to be quite a good book, but, unfortunately, it didn’t even come close to reaching its potential. The plot idea for the novel was an interesting one, but it wasn’t explored thoroughly enough. This combined with the predictability of the resolution, which was caused by the absolute lack of plot twists, is what mainly let the novel down.

However, Rosalee Station might have been less of a disappointment had the c
Lauren Murphy
This review was first posted @ The Australian Bookshelf

Sarah Clarke is a fun, Aussie, larrikin who lives on her parent’s farm and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. When her boyfriend of one year offers her a job as the cook at Rosalee Station in the Australian outback she jumps on the opportunity to spend four months learning the ropes of a mustering farm. On her first week on the farm, Sarah’s relationship ends and he leaves her behind. She decides to stay on the farm and make the most of he
Brittany
May 31, 2016 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aussie
totally relate to this book in more ways than one. love the author, and love her books
Pal
Apr 25, 2014 Pal rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read from Mandy Magro, now to start "Driftwood".
Stacey Houllis
Jul 24, 2016 Stacey Houllis rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book by Mandy Magro . It was a great read about two young people finding love when they least expect it. When they are both in other relationship that are having problems but with the help of friends and family they both find the way to each other. A bit of Aussie slang is the the book as well as the story is set out on the Australian Outback.
Gillian Milne
Oct 01, 2014 Gillian Milne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book in the end! For the first half I found the "ockerisms" painful ! Tring too hard with the Aussie slang ! The author seemed to settle down in the end and then, I loved it!
Mikayla Parker
Aug 02, 2016 Mikayla Parker rated it liked it
This book was by far the best book I've read by Mandy Magro
Definitely going in my re-read pile!
Maria Pryor
Sep 15, 2013 Maria Pryor rated it it was amazing
loved it
Denise Chambers
Denise Chambers rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Dayaa
Dayaa marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Cassie
Cassie added it
Jul 31, 2016
Mechelle Ellen
Mechelle Ellen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Mani
Mani rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
ANNA   MAY    L.    GAKO
ANNA MAY L. GAKO rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Lesley fina
Lesley fina rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Morgan Smith
Morgan Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Renee Murden
Renee Murden marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Denorah McKinnon
Denorah McKinnon marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
  • The Road Home
  • Brumby's Run
  • North Star
  • Bella's Run
  • Zoe's Muster
  • Red Dust
  • Man Drought
  • The Bark Cutters (Gordon, #1)
  • Heart of the Valley
  • Burning Lies
  • Queen of the Road
  • Ryders Ridge
  • Wattle Creek
  • The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots
Mandy Magro lives on the New South Wales Northern coast, with her husband, Clancy, and her daughter, Chloe. With pristine aqua-blue coastline in one direction, and sweeping rural landscapes in the other, she describes her home as heaven on earth. She loves writing about soul-deep love, the Australian rural way of life, and all the wonderful characters that live there, and her own adventures on the ...more
More about Mandy Magro...