Rosalee Station

Rosalee Station

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sarah Clarke's dream is to experience life in the real outback. When her boyfriend Brad offers her a job with him on Rosalee Station, she can't believe her luck. But within days of arriving, her relationship is in tatters, and the dream is fast losing its lustre.

Sarah stays on to prove herself in the unforgiving land, earning the admiration of Matt, the station owners' son...more
Published May 30th 2011 by Penguin Books Australia (first published May 25th 2011)

Chanpreet
Sarah Clarke is happy on her family's property, but what she really wants is to experience life in the outback. When her boyfriend Brad, offers an opportunity to be a bush cook for for a couple of months at Rosalee Stattion in the outback, she jumps at the chance. Happy to be there, her happiness doesn't last long, but the station owner's son Matt, can't help but admire her for her hard work and grit. Sarah also admire's Matt, but can anything come of their mutual admiration?

I loved this book an...more
Fiona Wigg
Fantastic story, I highly recommend Mandy's books to anybody who likes to read Australian rural romance. :)
Maureen
Loved this book...could not put it down
Angelita
Great book highly recommend
Jaye
Loved it. Fantastic reading
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by author for review

Rosalee Station had the potential to be quite a good book, but, unfortunately, it didn’t even come close to reaching its potential. The plot idea for the novel was an interesting one, but it wasn’t explored thoroughly enough. This combined with the predictability of the resolution, which was caused by the absolute lack of plot twists, is what mainly let the novel down.

However, Rosalee Station might have been less of a disappointment had the c...more
Lauren Murphy
This review was first posted @ The Australian Bookshelf

Sarah Clarke is a fun, Aussie, larrikin who lives on her parent’s farm and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. When her boyfriend of one year offers her a job as the cook at Rosalee Station in the Australian outback she jumps on the opportunity to spend four months learning the ropes of a mustering farm. On her first week on the farm, Sarah’s relationship ends and he leaves her behind. She decides to stay on the farm and make the most of he...more
Louisa Eggleton
I'm so sorry! I tried to like this book and I did...except I was so annoyed whenever the characters opened their mouths! I got so irked by the constant colloquialisms and then the clunky way the author would explain their meaning to the uninitiated. I couldn't read past Chapter 6, just dreaded picking it up. Again...sorry but I'd read Heart Of Gold 100 times before looking at this again....that's how to write an Australian story without making everyone Captain Ocker.
Jasmine Vella
Jasmine Vella marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Colette Stewart
Colette Stewart marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Nic Griffith
Nic Griffith marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Felicity Dixon
Felicity Dixon marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Heather McKenzie
Heather McKenzie marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Lyn Kitawal
Lyn Kitawal is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Feb 17, 2014
Angela Petty
Angela Petty marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mandy Magro lives on the family fruit farm in the picturesque country township of Mareeba, Far North Queensland, with her daughter Chloe Rose. She loves writing about the Australian outback and all the wonderful characters that live there, and her own adventures on the land have made her the passionate country woman she is today.
More about Mandy Magro...
Jacaranda Flame Tree Hill Driftwood Country at Heart