Start by marking “One River, Many Wells: Wisdom Springing from Global Faiths” as Want to Read:
One River, Many Wells: Wisdom Springing from Global Faiths

One River, Many Wells: Wisdom Springing from Global Faiths

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  7 reviews
One River, Many Wells: Wisdom Sprining from Global Faiths, by Fox, Matthew
Hardcover
Published September 25th 2000 by Tarcher

To ask other readers questions about One River, Many Wells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One River, Many Wells

Dave Wheatley
I like the energy of Fox's spiritual movement, but after attending one of his new (cosmic whatchamacallit) masses a few years ago, I found it hokey, but well meaning. I admire any attempt to break down the traditional western judeo-christian boring-as-fuck worship service. That may be why the current pope, in his last position, ex-communicated Fox. That being said, I'm all about Fox's message of Original Blessing (as opposed to that giant oppressive mountain of bullshit, Original Sin).

I like th
Ron Krumpos
"One River, Many Wells" is one of the books in the primary bibliography of my free ebook on comparative mysticism. "The greatest achievement in life" at suprarational.org/gail2012.pdf has been reviewed on Goodreads.

Matthew Fox has more than 10 books on Goodreads. I have also read his book "Western Spirituality: Historical Roots, Ecumenical Routes.

Lance Eads
This is one of the best books on the perennial philosophy that I have read. It's so good that I read it twice and then proceeded to read every one of Dr. Fox's book, listen to his recorded lectures, and recently I had the opportunity to hear him speak in person. This book is excellent at synthesizing the similarities and reconciling the differences between the world's major faith traditions. I love its use of Meister Eckhart's metaphor of God being a great underground River that cannot be dammed ...more
Kevin Kirking
This book is so full of wisdom and powerful writings from so many spiritual masters that it is hard to describe. Bends the mind and surprises the spirit. Plan to spend many hours reflecting on the messages within. Not a fast read.
Cristiana
I love the ideas on religion and spirituality that this author discusses. The idea that spiritual thoughts, ideas, and values have common ground across many religions and philosophies feels instinctively right to me.
Joan Huenemann Michie
Why we need to appreciate everyone's faith contributions = excellent!
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Darylla Hager
Darylla Hager marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Joseph Crowe
Joseph Crowe marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Erin Gaffey
Erin Gaffey marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
McMaeve
McMaeve marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Karen Blanchette
Karen Blanchette marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Bofin Babu
Bofin Babu marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Amanda Kemphues
Amanda Kemphues marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Matthew Fox (born 1940) is an American Episcopal priest and theologian. He is an exponent of Creation Spirituality, a movement grounded in the mystical philosophies of medieval visionaries Hildegard of Bingen, Thomas Aquinas, Meister Eckhart and Nicholas of Cusa. His books have sold millions of copies and by the mid 1990s had a "huge and diverse following".
More about Matthew Fox...
Original Blessing The Coming of the Cosmic Christ Meditations with Meister Eckhart Creativity Creation Spirituality: Liberating Gifts for the Peoples of the Earth