All About Eve

All About Eve

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Eve has always seen dead people, ever since she was little. She has always kept her gift hidden, even from her family. That is, until she uncovers a terrible secret from her past. All About Eve is a prequel to my upcoming novel Under A Starlit Sky.
Published April 16th 2011 by Caitlin McColl, via Smashwords (first published April 2011)

Tammy Owens
Weird but kind of cool. This story is about a girl that sees and talks to the dead. Since she was very young. Its about how she deals with such a talent/curse along with how her family tries to deal with it. The story itself is ok. Moves a bit fast at times, which is alright, but I felt like it was rushed in some cases. I usually fuss about books that have an overkill of information and bog the story down with useless details but I think this story could have used a little more detail.
It takes...more
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
This short story is an interesting take on guardian angels and ghosts. Eve is a unique character who seems younger than her 25 years. She has a gift/curse that has grown and developed with her since she was a child.

The story ended a bit abruptly for me. There is quite a lead up to the actual action, with lots of background about Eve and her childhood. But once she reaches adulthood, and the main part of the story, everything just rushes by and ends.

This is a prequel to a novel that isn't schedul...more
Wish the storyline would have been more developed.
Nikki
This is a beautiful, easy to read story that gently introduces you to the spiritual world of the paranormal. The way the Eve and her gifts are portrayed is just right, especially as to how a child of such a young age first begins to develop spiritual gifts. I think the storyline was also very good and didn't give too much away at any time so it had you wanting to read more to find what is going on with Eve. This is a prequel to an upcoming novel; and i can't wait to read it to see what journey E...more
Rena
This is supposedly a prequel to a new coming series, but I haven't actually checked that for accuracy. I really liked it because the character seemed interesting. A little bit whiney, but I have read way worse. I simply want to see where this story is going to go.
Jessica
I thought this was a great book. It kept my interest the whole time. I do wish the ending wasnt quite so abrupt. It left me wanting more.

Mary Beeson
This book is awesome and although it is a short you have closeure at the End although Caitlin says the story is no where close to ending just yet!
Stephanie
This was an interesting story sad that it ended very abruptly but Maybe the next book will shine some more light on the story
SEMI PRECIOUS JADE
I thought it was kinda sad but interesting although there could have been a better ending
Pamela
I didn't really like this story. I find it was too rushed and didn't explain much.
Justine
This book was good but I wanted to know what happens to Eve.
Toni
Nice story about psychics and seers. Bit of an abrupt ending though.
Sarah Ropson
Nice story. Ended too abruptly though.
Jazmin
Jazmin added it
Jul 12, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Elaine White
Elaine White marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Kaitlyn Gonzales
Kaitlyn Gonzales marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
America Chavez
America Chavez marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Caitlin McColl has been writing stories as soon as she learned how to read and write. As a young girl and in her teenage years she wrote many short stories, mostly fantasy - with dragons and wizards and other fantastical monsters.

She still loves fantasy and in her most recent works, Under A Starlit Sky (www.underastarlitsky.com)which includes the novella All About Eve, and 2 Steampunk short story...more
More about Caitlin McColl...
Little Gods Ex Cineribus Resurge Under a Starlit Sky The Clockwork Universe Cogs and Corsets: A Steampunk Collection vol. 1