Start by marking “Development Through the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Through the Lifespan

Development Through the Lifespan

This is a comprehensive and practical step-by-step manual on the law relating to restraint, receivership, confiscation and money laundering. It includes detailed coverage of the Proceeds of Crime Act, which extends the law surrounding asset forfeiture to cover all criminal activity, and contains commentary and guidance on all the processes involved with particular emphasis ...more
Hardcover, Third Edition
Published July 24th 2003 by Allyn & Bacon (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Development Through the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Through the Lifespan

Theresa Ann Casper Nelson
This was my textbook for my Lifespan Developmental Psychology class, the one Psych class I avoided like the plague when I was in college the first time around. So I didn't like the class in the first place. The book is good at sectioning information out in a good way and the book is not an overcomplicated book to read or comprehend.

The dropping of two whole stars comes from the far left wing bent of the author(s). In every stage of development, problems with social issues were constantly blamed
Reba
Apr 26, 2015 Reba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laura Berk, renowned professor and researcher, places an emphasis on the interplay between heredity and environment, and focuses on many social policy issues, while emphasizing the lifespan perspective throughout. The latest theories and findings in the field are made accessible in a relevant way. The author's storytelling style invites students to actively learn. Readers are provided with an especially clear understanding of the sequence and underlying processes of human development, emphasizin ...more
Michael Harris
May 24, 2016 Michael Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I took two classes in developmental psych and this was the textbook for both. I now feel it's an indispensable guide for adaptive functioning through the lifespan - emotionally, socially, physically, and cognitively. It covers prenatal to death. I am grateful such a thorough account of up-to-date research on what it means to be a modern human is available. (I read the latest edition [2014], which was fantastically designed, but this edition was the only one on goodreads I could find.)
Jessica Gonzalez
May 09, 2012 Jessica Gonzalez added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychology Students
It wasn't very interesting. I had to get the book for one of my classes. It is a good text book, but not something I would read for fun. It would be nice if the definitions where at the end of the chapter in an list that defines them.
Amirhossein Alesheikh
A good comprehensive book on the subject. Though I find it a little lacking on the more recent researchs.
Cagla
Oct 29, 2016 Cagla rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ağlayarak okuyorum, tavsiye etmem
Alice
May 21, 2010 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
My class textbook. According to the syllabus, I will finish reading this one on May 13th.

Update:

As I expected, we did not end up reading this entire book. I had never read an entire textbook for a class so I was skeptical of the syllabus.

My only comment is that this has way too many exclamation points for what should be considered didactic reading. I chose to interpret this as patronizing to undergrads.

Also, I am not officially done with this book since my exam is Tuesday, so I will still be
Thomas Obstructioningbridge
Very interesting subject matter but it's still a textbook, meaning the writing isn't as engaging as writing for lay people. I also hate textbook layouts. But it got 4 stars because I like the subject matter.
Candice Ellis
Jun 15, 2016 Candice Ellis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative book that explains the process of development from prenatal to death. Throughout the book there was a great use of real life situations and experiences, charts and tables to better explain the information being provided.
Nathan Schneider
Jan 11, 2016 Nathan Schneider rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-growth
Didn't finish the entire book. Read through parts that were relevant to a class on child development theory and spiritual formation. What I read was beneficial and enlightening to my understanding of the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical growth of humans.
Michaela Renee
Jun 27, 2011 Michaela Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contained a lot of quality information regarding the nature of psychological and physical development from prenatal through death. I appreciated this class text and would recommend it as a purchase for MFT's.
Chole Allyson
This book was helpful for when I was studying this subject. It is not a book that I would read from cover to cover.
Clinton
Jan 24, 2010 Clinton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good practical, non opinion info for the parent. It is a textbook so it's not light, but I've found it refreshing compared to the glut of opinion parenting books out there.
Mary Katherine
Nov 13, 2015 Mary Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because if I read an almost 900-page textbook, you better believe I'm going to have it count toward my 2015 Book Challenge.
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Liedewij
Liedewij rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Kyle Johnson
Kyle Johnson rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Nora
Nora rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Sarah Lambka
Sarah Lambka rated it did not like it
May 17, 2016
Andrea Pleša
Andrea Pleša rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
julie stokes
julie stokes rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Stella
Stella rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Kristen Renee Burns
Kristen Renee Burns rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Binte Adam
Binte Adam rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Jason Jay
Feb 25, 2016 Jason Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was good as far as textbooks go.
Cary
Cary rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Stef K
Stef K rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Mateja V
Mateja V rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
Joseph Chiarelli
Joseph Chiarelli rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
  • Social Psychology
  • Psychology in Action
  • Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity
  • Cognitive Psychology: Connecting Mind, Research and Everyday Experience
  • A Concise Introduction to Logic (Book & CD-ROM)
  • Psychology in Everyday Life