Start by marking “Development Through the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Through the Lifespan

Development Through the Lifespan

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This is a comprehensive and practical step-by-step manual on the law relating to restraint, receivership, confiscation and money laundering. It includes detailed coverage of the Proceeds of Crime Act, which extends the law surrounding asset forfeiture to cover all criminal activity, and contains commentary and guidance on all the processes involved with particular emphasis ...more
Hardcover, Third Edition
Published July 24th 2003 by Allyn & Bacon (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Development Through the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Through the Lifespan

Reba
Laura Berk, renowned professor and researcher, places an emphasis on the interplay between heredity and environment, and focuses on many social policy issues, while emphasizing the lifespan perspective throughout. The latest theories and findings in the field are made accessible in a relevant way. The author's storytelling style invites students to actively learn. Readers are provided with an especially clear understanding of the sequence and underlying processes of human development, emphasizin ...more
Jessica Gonzalez
May 09, 2012 Jessica Gonzalez added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychology Students
It wasn't very interesting. I had to get the book for one of my classes. It is a good text book, but not something I would read for fun. It would be nice if the definitions where at the end of the chapter in an list that defines them.
Theresa Ann Casper Nelson
This was my textbook for my Lifespan Developmental Psychology class, the one Psych class I avoided like the plague when I was in college the first time around. So I didn't like the class in the first place. The book is good at sectioning information out in a good way and the book is not an overcomplicated book to read or comprehend.

The dropping of two whole stars comes from the far left wing bent of the author(s). In every stage of development, problems with social issues were constantly blamed
Alice
My class textbook. According to the syllabus, I will finish reading this one on May 13th.

Update:

As I expected, we did not end up reading this entire book. I had never read an entire textbook for a class so I was skeptical of the syllabus.

My only comment is that this has way too many exclamation points for what should be considered didactic reading. I chose to interpret this as patronizing to undergrads.

Also, I am not officially done with this book since my exam is Tuesday, so I will still be
Thomas
Very interesting subject matter but it's still a textbook, meaning the writing isn't as engaging as writing for lay people. I also hate textbook layouts. But it got 4 stars because I like the subject matter.
Michaela Renee
Contained a lot of quality information regarding the nature of psychological and physical development from prenatal through death. I appreciated this class text and would recommend it as a purchase for MFT's.
Clinton
Good practical, non opinion info for the parent. It is a textbook so it's not light, but I've found it refreshing compared to the glut of opinion parenting books out there.
Chole Allyson
This book was helpful for when I was studying this subject. It is not a book that I would read from cover to cover.
Cherene
Lots of info about lifespan development! Easy to read, but a lot of text.
Khazanah
Absolutely loved this book in college, wish I would have kept it.
Jonas
Jonas added it
Jul 25, 2015
Diowmoy
Diowmoy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Kirsten Vacca
Kirsten Vacca marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Nirvanafish
Nirvanafish marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Monique.Cabanogyahoo.Com
Monique.Cabanogyahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Mai Vi
Mai Vi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Sonika
Sonika marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Lee.Shirley10yahoo.Com
Lee.Shirley10yahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Leo Nita
Leo Nita marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lupita
Lupita is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Zia Ansari
Zia Ansari marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
INDRANI SOLANKI
INDRANI SOLANKI marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
4th & 5th Editions 3 5 Dec 17, 2013 11:45AM
4th & 5th Editions 1 1 Jan 27, 2013 05:03PM
  • Psychological Testing and Assessment: An Introduction to Tests & Measurement
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Intimate Relationships
  • Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature
  • A Concise Introduction to Logic (Book & CD-ROM)
  • Biological Psychology
  • Cognitive Psychology: Connecting Mind, Research and Everyday Experience (with Coglab 2.0 Online Booklet)
  • Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity
  • The Art of the Ridiculous Sublime: On David Lynch's Lost Highway
  • OpenGL Programming Guide: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL, Version 2
  • Social Psychology
  • Student Success in College: Creating Conditions That Matter
Child Development (with Milestones Card) (MyDevelopmentLab Series) Awakening Children's Minds: How Parents and Teachers Can Make a Difference Infants, Children, and Adolescents Infants and Children: Prenatal Through Middle Childhood Exploring Lifespan Development. [first edition]