Start by marking “Development Through the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Through the Lifespan

Development Through the Lifespan

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This is a comprehensive and practical step-by-step manual on the law relating to restraint, receivership, confiscation and money laundering. It includes detailed coverage of the Proceeds of Crime Act, which extends the law surrounding asset forfeiture to cover all criminal activity, and contains commentary and guidance on all the processes involved with particular emphasis ...more
Hardcover, Third Edition
Published July 24th 2003 by Allyn & Bacon (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Development Through the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Through the Lifespan

Jessica Gonzalez
May 09, 2012 Jessica Gonzalez added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychology Students
It wasn't very interesting. I had to get the book for one of my classes. It is a good text book, but not something I would read for fun. It would be nice if the definitions where at the end of the chapter in an list that defines them.
Theresa Ann Casper Nelson
This was my textbook for my Lifespan Developmental Psychology class, the one Psych class I avoided like the plague when I was in college the first time around. So I didn't like the class in the first place. The book is good at sectioning information out in a good way and the book is not an overcomplicated book to read or comprehend.

The dropping of two whole stars comes from the far left wing bent of the author(s). In every stage of development, problems with social issues were constantly blamed
Alice
My class textbook. According to the syllabus, I will finish reading this one on May 13th.

Update:

As I expected, we did not end up reading this entire book. I had never read an entire textbook for a class so I was skeptical of the syllabus.

My only comment is that this has way too many exclamation points for what should be considered didactic reading. I chose to interpret this as patronizing to undergrads.

Also, I am not officially done with this book since my exam is Tuesday, so I will still be
Michaela Renee
Contained a lot of quality information regarding the nature of psychological and physical development from prenatal through death. I appreciated this class text and would recommend it as a purchase for MFT's.
Clinton
Good practical, non opinion info for the parent. It is a textbook so it's not light, but I've found it refreshing compared to the glut of opinion parenting books out there.
Chole Allyson
This book was helpful for when I was studying this subject. It is not a book that I would read from cover to cover.
Cherene
Lots of info about lifespan development! Easy to read, but a lot of text.
Khazanah
Absolutely loved this book in college, wish I would have kept it.
Anood
Anood added it
Dec 09, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Arabela Paslaru
Arabela Paslaru marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Social Psychology
  • DSM-IV Made Easy: The Clinician's Guide to Diagnosis
  • Language: Its Structure and Use
  • Operations Research: Applications and Algorithms (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac)
  • Strengthsquest
  • Modern Information Retrieval
  • GUI Bloopers: Don'ts and Do's for Software Developers and Web Designers
  • Evolutionary Analysis
  • Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++
Awakening Children's Minds: How Parents and Teachers Can Make a Difference Child Development (with Milestones Card) (MyDevelopmentLab Series) Infants, Children, and Adolescents Exploring Lifespan Development. [first edition] Infants and Children: Prenatal Through Middle Childhood