Start by marking “A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)” as Want to Read:
A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)

A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3 #5)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  550 ratings  ·  71 reviews
When contacted by her long-lost grandmother, Lauren McKaslin wanted to reconnect - with all the warmhearted Montana McKaslins. For too long, she'd relied solely on herself and her faith.
But mistrustful lawman Caleb Stone stood in the way, and his questions about her were intimidating.
Was his attention more than a protective instinct? Now that she believed in family again
Published July 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about A McKaslin Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A McKaslin Homecoming

Andrea Guy
This is the 7th book in the McKaslin Clan series. I wish I had read some of the previous books because it would have been nice to have the full backstory, but if you are like me and just picked this one up, don't worry, you'll get to know the other family members in the series soon enough.

Lauren McKaslin is returning to Montana to meet her Gran and other siblings for the first time since her mom ran off with her at the age of 2. There she meets Gran's neighbor and generally nice guy, Caleb Stone
Susan Shearer
Taken by her mother when she was young from her siblings and father to live without knowing they loved her, Lauren comes back to visit her grandmother. She learns she was always loved and they connect. Well all except her brother who the rejection by his mother was especially hard. Not trusting his sister, he has local sheriff, Caleb find out Laurens motives. Caleb is protective of his neighbor who is live a grandmother to him and is more than happy to help find out why Lauren is there. Spending ...more
Tiffany Malcom
You know, Christian fiction is sometimes refreshing as far as the clean language and lack of sex scenes go, but sugar sweet, unrealistic endings make me want to vomit!!
Gina
I like this book. It was really about finding love and reuniting with family after being separated for a long time. Lauren was separated from her family when she was two years old by her mom. Years later, she met them again. Lauren was asked by her grandmother to visit her in Montana. She went there, but was a little nervous. She didn't know how everyone would treat her. But, it didn't turn out as bad as she thought it would. Plus, she found love along the way, and learned how to ride horses. Th ...more
Kate
First of all, this book was not about who I thought it would be about. In the previous book, Rachel is mentioned as coming home, so I thought it would be about her.
Nope! It's about long-lost sister Lauren! I really enjoyed getting to know her, and get a feel for her side of the 'mom leaves, takes 2 year old sister with her' nuances that have been mentioned in the previous books of the series. I appreciated how Lauren was able to learn how to trust, and how to see herself as special, not only in
Jencey/
Jillian Hart is a bestselling author in the Inspirational Fiction. This is my first time to share her work.

Synopsis:
Lauren has been estranged for from her family all of her life. Only through contact with her long lost grandmother has she accepted the invitation to visit her family. Lauren left with her mother when she was only two years old. Her memories are very vague. Will her family accept her or accuse her of being like her mother? Enter Caleb Stone town cop and friend of the family. Lauren
Kathryn  Cooper
Reviewed on Clean Adult Fiction

A McKaslin Homecoming was a sweet love story about new love and family. Lauren was taken from her family when she was 2 years old by her mother. Her mother left behind her husband and 3 children to get out of the small town and try to become famous. Her childhood was rocky and full of mistrust. She couldn't rely on her mom and thought her family didn't want her.

Now she was older (I think 19 or 20) and was invited to meet her grandmother. After many years she gets
Lizabeth
Oct 02, 2008 Lizabeth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody I know, really!
Recommended to Lizabeth by: An Investigator!
I know - most of you are thinking "What in the heck is Liz donig reading this stuff! It's not her type of book!" Well, it isn't but it was so bad that it was good. I mean really badly written (redundancy, cliches, not realistic, etc.). When I was on splits with the sister missionaries, an investigator gave them this book to read and I took it because they really don't read much other than BOM on their missions so I read it. I finished it in two hours one evening and felt like I had watched somet ...more
Jan Mcleod
This is book #14 in the series. It is much better than the previous ones with a better plot-not so contrived and repetitive. Lauren reconnects with her family in Montana after her mother abandoned the family 20 years ago, taking Lauren with her. The family she finds is loving, faithful, very bonded, and loves her unconditionally. She not only finds her family, but a man she can really love and trust.
Brittany
I enjoyed this sweet book about family and forgiveness.

Lauren returns to Montana to meet the family she thought didn't want her, only to find that all but one welcome her with open arms. Their love is instant and unquestioning.

There are many different stories in here that I would have liked to see play out, like Jonas for example, but I will hope for the best! I loved the relationship between the sisters and of course "the perfect man", the man in every romance book and makes you insanely jeal
Barbara
This is another quick, very enjoyable, light read in the McKaslin series by Jillian Hart. Lauren McKaslin, the young lady whose story is the subject of this book, has lots to work through. She is meeting family members she has never known, and her thoughts and feelings seem very authentic. Ms. Hart is touching on many things in this story: breaking a destructive life cycle that has been the only one modeled to you, impulsive judgment, forgiveness, and unconditional love are some of them. This is ...more
Denise
I really enjoyed this book. I feel there needs to be a sequal though (I don't think one is planned). The premise of the story is that a young child of 2 was taken by her mother. The mother abandoned the rest of her children and husband. She told Lauren as she was growing up that none of the family wanted her. When Lauren is in her 20s and putting herself through school her grandmother hires a PI to find her and invites Lauren to come home and meet the family. Her sisters bond with her right away ...more
Dana
I am setting this book for today, but in reality I have read this book about three times. I love Caleb and Lauren, and I love the way Ms. Hart connects these McKaslin books. This is a wonderful family.
Mevia
I loved this story. There were stories throughout it, however, that weren't quite explained--stories about the sisters and their husbands/fiance' that came into play during the book and, as readers, we weren't given the full story. It would have been nice to have that information just for clarity's sake in case we haven't read all the McKaslin books.

Other than that, the story was exactly what you wanted it to be. Caleb Stone is the best man any woman will ever find and Lauren is a wonderful woma
Celise
The Good: Quick reading, a light gentle romance.

The Surprise: I knew how it would end (don't all romances end this way?), but what surprised me was that it was a tear jerker for me -- maybe because it's the Christmas holidays and I'm feeling very much the loss of my own parents.

The Bad: Too predicatable: characters had predicatable rollercoaster ups and downs, two pages up, one page down. I kept waiting for the gotcha on the "report"; which predicatably came -- only it was unpredictably only 25
Barbara
Contacted by her long-lost grandmother, California girl Lauren McKaslin travels to Montana to meet her half-siblings and cousins. Local lawman Caleb Stone takes an interest in her, somewhat prompted by distrustful Spence, her half-brother, who is convinced that she's there only to get money.

Romance between the city girl and the cowboy begins slowly, and it's very sweet. Caleb's declaration of love is something all women would want to hear. Lauren's cousins are rambunctious but lovable. This book
Tina
A very enjoyable romance story. Definitely recommend to others.
Christine

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT..
I absolutely loved this book. Yet there were no bad guys, no gunfights, no world-hopping adventures. It was entirely about people & the dramas inherent in Life--the people who hurt us, the ones who save us; the danger in living & allowing ourselves to love; all wrapped up in a marvelous journey to a sun-baked ranch not really so far away after all.

MY STARS!

I gave this book 5 stars because I'd like to visit it again someday. And I'm on the lo
Jeanie Harper
I love a good love story!!
Joanne Sher
Okay - I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not meant to be a Christian romance fan. I won't say I didn't enjoy this book. I REALLY did. The characters really grabbed me, and I was very interested in their lives. Yet, the story seemed too "sweet." I know romance novel endings are supposed to be happy, but, again, the bow was a little too neat for me - to the point of unrealistic. Yet, I really, REALLY enjoyed reading it. Does this even make sense?? Perhaps I need to read another genre next.
(shr
Katie O'Connor
I admit it, I'm a romance junkie. I like them everywhere from sweet and innocent to hot and spicy. This one was sweet and spicy. It was an excellent read from cover to cover with believable characters and events. I loved the strong family ties and moral values. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet, believable story. I will definately read more from Jillian Hart.
Rayni
My mom received this book quite a while ago as a complimentary gift in the mail. It has kicked around for a long time. I finally picked it up & noticed the author, who is an author I like.

It was a nice, light read. I didn't even realize it is part of a series until I added it here. It would be nice to read the others, but I don't think I'll go on an all out search for them.
Betsy
Reading a silly romance after L.M. Montgomery feels a bit like RC Cola after icy Coke, but it was OK. The trouble with silly romances is always the ending. The story was interesting, and the characters sweet, but I hate how on the last page they each confess undying love, after a week of knowing each other and one date. I'd like a little more development.
JoAnne
This was a cute romance that reunited us with the McKaslin family in Montana. There was romance, love, friends, family, happiness and sorrow. I could feel for Lauren as she tried to find her place in a family she didn't remember. Nice closure. I look forward to meeting up with them again to see if she and Caleb do get their happily ever after.
Judine
While it was a nice piece of "book candy," I missed the depth present in Lori Wick Christian romances. It was warm and fuzzy, but lacked any overt comments on Christianity other than occasionally praying and the McKaslins running a Christian bookstore. However, I wish I would have created Ava -- the world's most fun supporting character.
Monica
I enjoyed reading a romance book that is considered inspirational. As I was reading the story I was rooting for Lauren and Caleb to realize that they both really loved each other. When Lauren comes home after being taken away by her mother, hoping to find the family she never knew she had sets the stage for a sweet and tender romance.
Maleah
I enjoyed reading this book. You see the awkwardness of being separated, and how love can cover any distance. You see real personalities in everyone not just the main characters. Which was cool cause sometimes authors forget the other characters, because their trying to focus on the main person or people. Good flow and story :).
Desiree reilly
this book was givin to me by pen pal and i need to get some new reads
and i took it to t he track and read it in four hrs or less and i really
like the way she did the charaters in the book and then the girl
get to meet finally her family and they get along great and the book deserves 10 and more ty for the book
Mandi Murphy
This was a squeaky clean romance. There were definitely intense feelings, and a pretty good story to go along with it, but I really wanted more. The ending came to soon. I would have liked to have seen a little happily ever after here. I may look into the others in this series.
  • Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)
  • Rainbow's End
  • No Place Like Home (Love Inspired) (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • Child Of Mine (Love Inspired)
  • A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #5) (Love Inspired #228)
  • A Cowboy's Heart (The Cowboy Series #2)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

The McKaslin Clan: Series 3 (9 books)
  • A Soldier for Christmas (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #1)
  • Precious Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #2)
  • Every Kind of Heaven (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #3)
  • Everyday Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #4)
  • Her Wedding Wish (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #6)
  • Her Perfect Man (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, Book #7)
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #9) (Granger Family Ranch, #1)
Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2) No One But You Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1) A Soldier for Christmas (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #1)