Start by marking “Dead of Winter (Kate Jones Thriller, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead of Winter (Kate Jones Thriller, #2)

Dead of Winter (Kate Jones Thriller #2)

Kate Jones is hiding out from her shady past in small town Alaska when she witnesses an execution-style murder. Convinced the killers are Salazar's men and desperate to stop them from finding her, she reports the crime to local law enforcement, hoping to put them off her trail so she can escape.

What she gets is Sam, an enigmatic officer with a mysterious past who's been as
Published May 7th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Dead of Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead of Winter

April
Kate is hiding out in Alaska. Of course she will stumble upon a murder, that is her luck. She is smart enough to look for help and hooks up with dishy detective Sam. I am not going to classify it as a romance, down and dirty time on the sheets does not equal love. I do see great potential for them in the future.

The story is engaging and connects with the first book. I am anticipating this will be a thread through this series. Kate hoping from location to location running from the bad guys. I ca
T.M. Hobbs
May 16, 2011 T.M. Hobbs rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves adventure, drama, and romance.
The continuation of the Kate Jones Adventure Series in Dead of Winter was just as good, if not better, than the first five.

Ms. Berkom captures the readers attention from the beginning and maintains that captivating tension throughout the entire story. Kate is a brave and self-reliant person, but life on the run can be lonely.

She has made it a point never to get too close to anyone, until she meets Sam. Ms. Berkom's characterization of Sam is perfect and I found myself as taken by his character
Todd Fonseca
Dec 11, 2011 Todd Fonseca rated it really liked it
Dead of Winter - Bad Spirits in the Alaskan Wilderness

Rating: 4 of 5
Author: D.V. Berkom
Format: Kindle

Hiking alone in the wintery Alaskan wilderness, Kate Jones witnesses an execution style murder. It is then she realizes that the life she had escaped five years earlier had caught up to her. Running out and stealing money from her south-of-the-border drug-lord boyfriend had turned into a life sentence of constant moving and looking over her back. How he had found her she didn't know, but what she
Rebecca Graf
Mar 15, 2013 Rebecca Graf rated it really liked it

Dead of Winter: A Kate Jones Thriller – A Book Review

03/15/2013

0 Comments

Dead of Winter: A Kate Jones Thriller – A Book Review

Kate is still on the run. Anyone who helps her ends up dead. She has to keep running to survive. She has found a place she can call home, but it seems that they have found her again. She has to run, but will she make it out alive?

Like the other books in the series, this is a very fast paced story. There are moments where the story slows down for reflection or description,
diane
Aug 25, 2015 diane rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

A really good read, suspenseful, romantic and downright enjoyable! I would recommend this book to people who like romantic thrillers.
Jennifer Conner
Jul 08, 2011 Jennifer Conner rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: thriller
Author DV Berkom with her Kate Jones stories delivers another action packed thrill ride. Poor Kate gets knee high in more than just snow as she escapes to Alaska to out run her ex Mexican cartel boyfriend. DV keeps her foot on full throttle for the whole story. You won't be able to catch your breath until you've finished it! Great read! Dead of Winter (The Kate Jones Adventure Series) by D.V. Berkom
Thomas
Oct 20, 2012 Thomas rated it it was ok
This was well-written, but I felt I got gypped. It was a 15 minute read and doesn't even qualify as a short story in my opinion, let alone a book. There was no background and no character or story development. I found out aftere reading, that this was the second in a series. Maybe if I had read the first "chapter", I would have liked the second one better!
Cindy
Apr 27, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!! Kate Jones is on the run still! Where will she go next? You have to read it to find out :) Now I'm on my way to her next stop.
Roberta
Mar 22, 2013 Roberta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
Another Kate Jones book. She's still on the run and you need to keep up.
Claire Nicol
Claire Nicol rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Robin Seratt
Robin Seratt is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2016
Stephen Campbell
Stephen Campbell rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Jason Begly
Jason Begly marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Beth Schaeffer
Beth Schaeffer rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Bob Gordon
Bob Gordon rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Brad
Brad added it
Amanda Kopidlansky
Amanda Kopidlansky marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Linda Marquis
Linda Marquis rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
R. Laws
R. Laws rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Karin Corneau
Karin Corneau marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Candice Mckinney
Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Lorna Rhodes
Lorna Rhodes rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
DV Berkom is the award-winning author of two action-packed thriller series featuring strong female leads (Leine Basso and Kate Jones). Her love of creating resilient, kick-ass women characters stems from a lifelong addiction to reading spy novels, mysteries, and thrillers, and longing to find the female equivalent within those pages.

Raised in the Midwest, she earned a BA in political science and p
More about D.V. Berkom...

Kate Jones Thriller (7 books)
  • Bad Spirits (Kate Jones Thriller, #1)
  • Death Rites (Kate Jones Thriller, #3)
  • Touring for Death (Kate Jones Thriller, #4)
  • Cruising for Death (Kate Jones Thriller #5)
  • Yucatan Dead (Kate Jones Thriller, #6)
  • A One Way Ticket to Dead (Kate Jones Thriller #7)