Start by marking “How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!” as Want to Read:
How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!

How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!

Building from the core you can create the luck you need, the health you want, and find the wealth, success, and happiness you seek. This book describes the techniques I've used throughout my life to get the luck I needed to get through both the hard times and the great times.
Published April 24th 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!

Aaron Goldfarb
May 31, 2011 Aaron Goldfarb rated it it was amazing
A quick read, you should be able to knock this off in an afternoon. Essentially just a re-purposing of James's blog posts from the first few months of 2011, but that's OK, that's been some of the internet's finest writing during that time. And, at a 99 cents for the Kindle edition you won't get a bigger steal. James calls his blog "The Altucher Confidential," which is ironic since James is probably the LEAST confidential writer about himself, revealing anything and everything. If there's a more ...more
Ayon
Jun 06, 2015 Ayon rated it it was amazing
Funny
Inspiring
Insightful

(actionable insights)

If you are stuck in your life and don't know what to know read this book.

Then also read Choose Yourself by James ALtucher
Erin Shoot
Jul 04, 2017 Erin Shoot rated it it was amazing
James is always funny and insightful. Great read.
Matthijs
Mar 04, 2012 Matthijs rated it it was ok
James Altucher is one of my favorite authors. If you have to believe his anecdotes, this guy has seen it all and the most funny/fortunate/unfortunate stuff happens to him.

The book starts with the description of the Daily Practice that is supposed to make you the 'luckiest person alive'. Although his daily practice makes some sense, I find it rather superficial (there are more books out there that go way more into depth and - thereby - are more likely receive my acceptation).
I wouldn't see the b
Barry Graubart
Jun 27, 2011 Barry Graubart rated it really liked it
Technically, James Altucher is a finance writer. But that's a misnomer. Most of his blog posts/columns are generally articles about life.
He's a fantastic writer - captures you in the first 100 words and keeps you until you're done. His writing style reminds me of that of Calvin Trillin, despite the fact that they cover very different topics.
This is an ebook collection of his previously authored posts - many of which I have already read (and am re-reading), and others that I'd missed.
While you
George Gutowski
Apr 23, 2012 George Gutowski rated it liked it
James Altrucher is clearly one of the alternative types who in manic depressive mindstates bought into the internet bubble hype. Some of his advice is non essential. Encouraging entrepreneurs to brush their teeth daily and making sure you have one bowel movement a day...well what can you say. This will not save western capitalism as we know it.

On the other hand if you are running a start up he does encourage you to fire defeatist personalities immediately if not sooner. This tidbit is probably t
Andy Rixon
Dec 13, 2011 Andy Rixon rated it it was amazing
Not a very long book but packed full of good advice. Don't agree with all he says, but ultimately he gives 100 bits of advice and if you take 2 or 3 then it'll improve your life. I think I'll return and re-read this a few times. Can't help but feel more positive about things.

Title is to grab eyes in book shops - it's not as cheesey as the title suggests. Solid advice on business and life in general.

First I'd read from James and he sounds a fascinating guy so off to read his next book thanks to
Raf
Jul 06, 2016 Raf rated it really liked it
This is James Altucher’s first self-published book. I have read quite a few of his books so I noticed some repetitive chapters. For the most part however, this book is a compilation of some of James’ blogs. Like all of James’ writing, it inspires me to think outside the box, not conform to the status quo, and continue pursuing my passions, interest, and purpose in life. I got a lot out of this book. It’s also a shorter read compared to his other books so I was able to finish it quicker. I partic ...more
Tim
Nov 17, 2011 Tim rated it it was ok
It seems that each chapter was copy pasted from his blog. I had read a few of his articles prior to the book's arrival, so I was disappointed to read the same in the first chapter.

Then to have a few of his points repeated in the next chapter, and again I finally had to put the book down. Had James not given me some sound advice on twitter, I would have felt a little cheated having purchased 2 of his books.

But, I figure the advice outweighs the expense I paid for this book and "I was Blind.."

I
Debbie Moynihan
Jan 01, 2013 Debbie Moynihan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biz
I'm rereading this book as I start off the new year. I recommend this book to anyone that works in corporate America or runs their own business. It's very affordable. He gives practical, solid advice. He makes you rethink your assumptions about life. You won't enjoy his writings if you are conservative or if you aren't open to change and challenge. Love his blog too!
James  Ketchell
Jun 26, 2011 James Ketchell rated it really liked it
Shelves: execution
A very interesting book. If you're familiar with Altucher then it will be a much easier read. The premise and concepts he covers in the early chapters are excellent. The remaining chapters have a habit of wandering at times, but that's his style. My rating is more in relation to what he has to say, than necessarily how he says it.
Hawkgrrrl
Dec 18, 2012 Hawkgrrrl rated it really liked it
A few typos, and I was slightly less interested in this than his first book I read due to this being mostly about being an entrepeneur, but this guy is so readable and gutsy you can't help but enjoy reading his ideas. I will be back for more.
Christian
Dec 28, 2011 Christian rated it did not like it
Complete crap. Unedited. Repetitive stories, but told in slightly inconsistent versions. Basically a bunch of essays (poorly written) with no effort at all to edit into a book. Total ripoff.
Sandy  Kemp
Oct 27, 2013 Sandy Kemp rated it really liked it
I liked a lot of things about this book. I am making daily lists now and focusing more on gratitude. It was worth reading for that alone.

Needed a proofreader or editor.
Irina
Oct 15, 2011 Irina rated it really liked it
it began to grow on me in the second half of the book, especially after i read the accounts of 1999-2000 internet bubble and its crash and James' real life experience. it is worth to read.
Elius
Dec 02, 2013 Elius rated it did not like it
Reads more like a collection of opinionated blog posts than anything else. Might have been more valuable if it was written in a coherent manner, but it wasn't.

Will not recommend.
Daniel Mihai Popescu
May 17, 2014 Daniel Mihai Popescu rated it it was amazing
Excellent :)
Rivaltrainer
Jun 06, 2011 Rivaltrainer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
It's what you do with the content of this book that will matter. I found the book encouraging and inspiring, just like the blog. Now I need to go practice some things.
Lee
Aug 01, 2011 Lee rated it really liked it
It isn't a book you read... but rather skim the contents and skip around... but there is absolutely a lot in here that deserves to be read over and over... well worth the 0.99 for the kindle edition
Ramón Nogueras Pérez
Una muy muy diversa colección de artículos, con ideas interesantes mezcladas con ideas completamente terribles. Escrito en un estilo ameno y conversacional, se lee fácilmente y no aporta mucho más.
kramaprasad
kramaprasad rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Dirceu Tiegs
Dirceu Tiegs rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Sofia Quintero
Sofia Quintero rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
May 15, 2012
Isaac
Isaac rated it really liked it
May 18, 2011
Shane
Shane rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Stefen
Stefen rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Mohita
Mohita rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Start-Up Life: What a (Very) Young CEO Learned on His Journey Through Silicon Valley
  • The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens: 8 Steps to Having More Money Than Your Parents Ever Dreamed Of
  • Wealth Warrior: The Personal Prosperity Revolution
  • The Pledge: Your Master Plan for an Abundant Life
  • Everything You Need to Know About Personal Finance in 1000 Words
  • The Success Principles for Teens: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Narrow Road: A Brief Guide to the Getting of Money
  • It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women
  • Act Accordingly
  • The Art of Friendship: 70 Simple Rules for Making Meaningful Connections
  • Life Is Short And So Is This Book
  • The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget
  • Networking with the Affluent
  • The Nature of Technology: What It Is and How It Evolves
  • Teach Yourself Stoicism and the Art of Happiness
  • Why Your Life Sucks
James Altucher is a writer, successful entrepreneur, chess master, and investor.

He has founded over 20 companies and sold some of them for large exits. He has also run venture capital funds, hedge funds, angel funds, and currently sits on the boards of many companies.

He has written and been profiled in most major national media publications like the Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, CNBC,
More about James Altucher...