Start by marking “Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii

Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii (Love Finds You)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  510 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Sierra came to Sunset Beach for relaxation--not for world-class surfing and certainly not for romance! When a wealthy friend offers Sierra Jensen a vacation at an oceanfront beach house, she envisions a quiet retreat where she can plan her next move. Instead, she arrives at the start of the noisy surfing competitions and is surprised to learn that her friend had an ulterio ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Summerside Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii

Kristine
It's hard to objectively judge this book, because for me it deserves so many more than five stars just because it's like reconnecting with an old friend. It hardly feels as if nearly a decade has passed since hearing about this girl I related to so well in high school, and it was a pleasant read to see how she has grown during her years in Brazil. Even for those who haven't read previous chapters in Sierra's life, it's an engaging romp through the ups and downs that we go through while following ...more
Carrie Turansky
I enjoyed this book very much! I lived on Oahu and Robin Jones Gunn did a great job capturing the culture and beauty of Oahu. The story included a sweet romance, but also interesting spiritual threads that made me think about the way God works in our lives. If you like inspirational contemporary romance, then I think you will like this book. It was also fun to read about the heroine who was introduced as a teenager several years ago in the Sierra Jensen series by this same author.
Kristen
Cute and clean, Christian read. Wish it had more romance and less dramarama. A book should have a minimum of two nice kissing scenes.
Fans of Sierra Jensen will love catching up with an old friend in this novel. Four years have passed since readers last saw the fiery blond with a heart for God. When Sierra's job in Brazil ends, she finds herself at a loss at what do next. When her friend offers her a trip to Sunset Beach, Hawaii, Sierra knows it's a gift from God. She'll have time to catch up with her sister and to figure out God's plan for her life next. When she keeps running into Jordan, a photographer with his own career p ...more
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
It was such a treat to read this book. I've been a fan of Robin Jones Gunn since elementary school, so it's pretty crazy and awesome to come back to a favourite character. I loved checking in on Sierra's life and seeing where she ended up. I just loved the feel of this one, and the message.

I do wish there had been more interaction between Sierra and Jordan in the second half of the book, because it seemed like they were constantly missing out on each other and not spending much time together, an
Jessie Weaver
I will read anything Robin Jones Gunn writes. I would read her grocery list. Seriously. It was fun to read about Sierra Jensen again and how her life has gone since the last time we saw her. This isn't Gunn's best work, but it's still good and fulfills the Christy Miller fan-girl inside me.
Tiffanie
sierra works for a ministry shes lived in brazil for four years help doing what needs to be done. her time there is up an her good friend is taking her on a trip to hawaii as she figures out what to do next.
turns out her ex is gettin married an her sister needs her to watch her nephew.
out in the hawain ocean she meets a guy. turns out hes the photographer for the wedding.
after the wedding sierra goes to another island witj the friend she came with but due to bad weather she gets there first a
Brooke
This was an AMAZING book!
Sierra
What can I say? It was amazing reconnecting with Sierra and reading about what happened next in her journey. I always loved reading the Sierra Jensen series, especially since my name is Sierra too. ;)

Robin Jones Gunn has always had a way with words and manages to suck me into a book and I can't put it down. I felt like I was reuniting with a long lost friend and in a lot of ways Sierra reminds me of myself, with her free spirit personality and what she wants out of life.

I love her heart for min
Dawn
Adventurous, independent Sierra Jensen suddenly finds herself at a crossroads in her life. She's spent the last four years doing ministry in Brazil. When her work comes to an abrupt end, she doesn't know what to do next. Accepting the offer of a week in Hawaii with her friend, Sierra hopes to seek God and find out where life's going to take her next. Jordan Bryce is an upcoming professional photographer sent to Hawaii to capture photos of the surfing competition. He's seeking to start making a n ...more
Katie Watkins
When I was 12, I read the Sunfire romances like crazy. I loved them because each one took place during some historical event, so not only did I get a history lesson, I also got a very sweet, entertaining romance. This is my first Love Finds You book and I'm sooo excited to have found something similar, but for adults. It sounds like these books are all about different states, or areas within (some states have more than one book about them) and they're inspirational (religious), which keeps them ...more
Mary Oddi O'Brien
Sierra came to Sunset Beach, Hawaii for relaxation and to make one of the biggest decisions of her life; go back to Brazil or stay in the states. She did not come for the surfing, and she certainly didn't have love in mind.

Jordan came to Hawaii on an assignment. First, he was to photograph a wedding and then the surfing competition. He certainly wasn't looking for love. His career was finally taking off and he was enjoying the ride.

Jordan and Sierra happen to meet at the wedding. This is where t
Trinity Rose
I haven’t read many of Robin’s books in the Sierra series, but this one I thought was superb. So I know the rest would be wonderful. I was so involved with this book. Just had to keep reading to see the many twists and turns and then to see how it ended.
I just love how at the beginning Sierra and Jordan kept meeting at different places and finally got a chance to get to know each other. It was a God thing is how they both called it and I loved that.
In Love Finds You in Sunset Beach Hawaii it
Rachelle Rea
Summary

After four years of ministry work in Brazil, Sierra Jensen needs a break. So when a friend invites her to an oceanfront beach house in Hawaii, Sierra envisions a quiet retreat where she can reflect on what's next for her life. Her plan is disrupted by her wild friend's antics, by the noisy surfing competitions on Sunset Beach, and by Jordan Bryce, her handsome new neighbor.

Jordan is an up-and-coming photographer whose lens and attention are focused on the surfers, and he cannot afford an
Sara
Sierre Jensen has been working in Brazil, but things are changing and she is left feeling lost. A friend invites her on a trip to Hawaii where she meets a surf photographer and forms a bond from the way they keep being thrown together. Good love story and was nice to hear more from Sierra Jensen, possibly the conclusion of her story.
Kristyn
Pretty good story line. Needed more romance. I picked it up because that's the beach where we stayed when we went to Hawaii, so it was fun to read about some familiar locations.

I LOVE that beach. Gorgeous sunsets every night, and prettiest sand in the world. Not really sand though, it is totally crushed, polished shells from the turbulent winter waves. We were there in the summer when it is calmer, not in the winter during the surfing season like the book plot is set.
Alannie Marshall
This was a very interesting book! I couldn't put it down! One thing I wish, is that the ending wouldn't have felt so rushed. Other than that, it was great!
Christina
This book was amazing! I read this so fast! I love that it showed both her thoughts and his thoughts as their friendship grew.
Crystal
While I was reading this book I wasn't crazy about it, but when I finished it is really made me think about God, faith, and life's purpose. It's supposed to be a romance, but the romance is very mild and realistic. It doesn't have any of the hot boiling passion that consumes so much of the genre. Instead we have a gentle story about two people seeking direction and purpose who meet and the obstacles that keep them apart. The book get's bonus point because it actually made me feel like I was in H ...more
Christy Miller
great book that continues with Sierra Jensen's life.
Emilee
Continuation to Sierra Jensen series.
Carla Laureano
I have to say, I really enjoyed this lighthearted story. I've read a lot of heavy, oh-so-serious books lately (even in the romance category!), so I enjoyed the cute interaction between the characters. Gunn has a nice, descriptive writing style that is a great change of pace from the very terse and concise style that seems to be in fashion among CBA romances these days.

A worthwhile use of several hours of my day. Based on this one, I'll be looking for more of Gunn's books.
Pamela Hubbard
Sierra Jensen is a very loveable character and anyone who is a fan of Gunn's books will enjoy this one. For a Christian fiction novel, it is surprisingly realistic. The characters and their situations are believable and there are not too many corny or cheesy moments. I felt that Gunn did a wonderful job of staying true to Sierra's character from her previous series. I am usually pretty critical of Christian fiction books but this one surprised me in a good way.
Trea
I wound up very confused for most of this book. Apparently, it was a continuation of one of the author's previous series, and without having read that series, I found the book hard to follow. It also had a very abrupt ending, which I didn't like. If you look at it as part of the series, it does make for a good story, which redeemed this book from a one star rating. Would not actually own this book, unless I had the previous books in the series to go with it.
Tom Long
Unlike Gunn's Under the Maui Moon, there is nothing in Love Finds You of a dark or deep aspect to the story. It is simple, unembarrassed, straight-up Christian romance set in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I believe I stayed at the same place where the story takes place on the North Shore (if the story is set at Keiki Beach Bungalows). This would be an excellent suggestion for a teen reader looking for a romantic beach read.
Hello, Sierra Jensen! It's about time you've returned to us. I loved reading this story, as Sierra was struggling with many of the same issues as I am, wondering what's next for her, if she'll ever marry, etc. And it takes place in Hawaii and you just can't go wrong there. Loved it. Now I'm ready for a Christy Miller book. I know the author said she'll soon release a book w/more Sierra, so hopefully she'll run into Christy in Southern CA.
Katie W
I love all of Robin Jones Gunn's books! :) They are always so encouraging and inspiring and fun to read. This one especially seemed like such a God-thing! :) - I feel like He really used it to speak to my heart in a lot of ways - about being in a season of transition, His leading and reassurance, my desires and dreams and hopes, falling more deeply in love with Him, etc.
Elisa Preston
It was so great to be back in Gunn's world of characters. A great addition to the bookshelf :)
Katie
I read both the Christy Miller series and the Sierra Jensen series as a teen, so as an adult, I love that RJG includes some of these characters in her books for adults. It is like reconnecting with an old friend and feeling as though no time has passed since you last saw them. The lessons that the characters learn are Biblical, but not heavy handed or preachy.
Jill Kemerer
Robin Jones Gunn has such a warm, comforting voice. I really enjoyed this book. Both the Sierra and Jordan had pressing goals and problems, yet in the Hawaii setting they were open to finding what was true in their lives. I loved the spiritual journey, the setting, the excellent writing but could have used a bit more romance and affection. A wonderful read!
  • Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri
  • Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
  • Love Finds You in Sunflower, Kansas
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...
Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 1 (Christy Miller, #1-3) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 2 (Christy Miller, #4-6) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 3 (Christy Miller, #7-9) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 4 (Christy Miller, #10-12) Until Tomorrow (Christy and Todd: College Years #1)