Start by marking “Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina

Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  262 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
First impressions, thank goodness, really can't be trusted! When marine biologist Holly Leonard agrees to help Parker Brant write a book on giant sea turtles, she expects a charming and charismatic charter boat captain--not the strait-laced, all-business dud who greets her. For his part, Parker is surprised to find that Dr. Leonard is not the matronly grandmother he expect ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Summerside Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina

Kailynne
Mar 15, 2012 Kailynne rated it it was amazing
I bought this book based on the cover and because it is set is SC. This is a great book. When I bought it, I didn't know it was a Christian novel. It was a pleasant surprise! It's nice to find a good love story that isn't trashy. The characters in the story are interesting and have distinct personalities. The story line is great. I just love this book, period! My mom is reading it now =]
Teresa Snyder
May 11, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it it was amazing

Really good, easy reading. I love a book with a happy ending that doesn't make me a nervous wreck before I get to the end.
Darlene
Nice love story with family secrets but I doubt that the author has ever been to Folly Beach South Carolina.
Jenn Cook
Jun 04, 2012 Jenn Cook rated it really liked it
I have added Folly Beach, SC to my list of vacation spots.
Loraine
SUMMARY: First impressions, thank goodness, really can’t be trusted! When marine biologist Holly Leonard agrees to help Parker Brant write a book on giant sea turtles, she expects a charming and charismatic charter boat captain—not the strait-laced, all-business dud who greets her. For his part, Parker is surprised to find that Dr. Leonard is not the matronly grandmother he expected but a blue-eyed beauty who’s lively, fun— and a total klutz. Unfortunately, the harder Holly tries to shed her “Ho ...more
Mary  O'Brien
Feb 08, 2012 Mary O'Brien rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-wish-list
Holly Leonard is not your ordinary doctor. In fact, she is not your ordinary Marine Biologist either. Holly is energetic, clumsy, and warm spirited. Holly embarks on her journey to Folly Beach, South Carolina to help Parker Brant with his book for the summer.

Parker, ex-military, just wants to get his book finished. He pictures Holly being this grandmother looking type of doctor. Imagine his surprise when he realizes that she is the complete opposite. At first sight, he is mesmerized by her. He c
Amber Stokes
Jan 15, 2016 Amber Stokes rated it really liked it
Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina is your ticket to fun in the sun this winter! Holly Leonard may be a scientist, but she's not the lab-coat-wearing, stereotypical scientist. She's a marine biologist with a chipper attitude and a penchant for falling and tripping - which Parker Brant finds absolutely irresistible. It's rather enjoyable to read about a former military man with a heaping dose of "un-chipper" in his life who can't help falling in love with a kind girl who can't help fal ...more
Janet Marie Dowell
Apr 21, 2013 Janet Marie Dowell rated it it was amazing
Just finished Loree Lough's "Love finds you in Folly Beach, South Carolina! Loree never disappoints........She has a way of drawing her readers in from the very beginning. Her characters are so well written that you feel as if you can "reach out and touch them"!

I love the character "Holly" because she is a real person and has the ability to laugh at herself . We all need that ability because everyday life can get so serious. She also sees the good in everyone and tries to make the world a better
Melissa Frye
Feb 16, 2012 Melissa Frye rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I can't say anything bad about this book. It was well-written. It had well-rounded characters. The plot was well-developed. Everything you'd expect from a proficient, award winning author.

That being said, it was formulaic. Nothing to make it stand out from other books in the same genre. Maybe I'm just burnt out on romance right now and shouldn't have picked it to read in the first place.

For the record, I'm sure fans of Christian Romance will love this book. It has everything one could want. A
Kendra
Jan 27, 2012 Kendra rated it really liked it
Shelves: gifted
Love Finds you in Folly Beach, South Carolina by Loree Lough is a story that will warm your heart as much as the place in which the story is based in an area that is warm and welcoming to all. It starts with a marine biologist who is bent on doing her job – and only her job. However, she’s swept off her feet by a handsome man trying in vain to escape his demons. Loree Lough truly does know how to entwine romance with God-given talent in this novel. I totally loved it!!
Jill Kemerer
Feb 11, 2012 Jill Kemerer rated it really liked it
Loved the setting and summertime vibe in this book. Holly was such a lovable heroine, and once I got past Parker's initial surliness, I liked him too. A fun, heartwarming and satisfying read!
Heather
Jan 16, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Saralyn
Apr 04, 2012 Saralyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-lit
I loved Holly. Parker was okay. Story was cute. I laughed a lot. Fun read.
Jan
Mar 09, 2012 Jan rated it really liked it
It was a great weekend read.
Trea
This book was extremely slow moving! I read it on the heels of reading From Ashes to Honor by the author, in order to compare it to that book and see if it was just me having a bad time with that particular book book. However, this was not the case.

The "falling in love" was practically non-existant, in fact, it seemed like "ooh, getting to know you" then BAM! they're in love with one another and dithering about not being good enough for the other person. They also seemed a bit "unequally yoked",
Tina Rice
Aug 25, 2015 Tina Rice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
Love Finds You In Folly Beach, South Carolina***** by Loree Lough

Marine biologist Dr. Hollace (Holly) Leonard had planned to be in Folly Beach, South Carolina hours ago, but she got lost-again and had a flat tire. Tired after the long drive, she finally arrives at the Bed and Breakfast she will be staying at for the summer while she helps Mr. Brant write his book on giant sea turtles. However, he is not what she expected when they meet. He is a former soldier, has a hard time trusting others and
Travis Inman
Love Lough's Love Story

Realistic characters, coupled with real life events, wrapped in comfortable tension, this story is fantastic and engaging, and I found myself rooting for the characters because I came to think of them as my friends. I appreciate the fact that Lough didn't over-dramatize her story, and told a crisp, clean tale that thoroughly entertained me. I am a lifelong fan, from this day forward!
Amy Aelleah
Jan 08, 2015 Amy Aelleah rated it it was ok
I was doing just fine with this book right up until I realized how down on themselves the two main characters are.

He thinks she could never love him because he's a gimp of a former soldier - and because of something he finds out about his past that the only one it bothered was him. She thinks he could never love her because she's a 'blond ditz'.

After a while, I started going 'yeah, you're perfect for eachother - but not in a good way'. Not to mention that all the twists and secrets were making a
Mary Jennifer
Happy lite reading

Enjoyable lite romantic reading. Being from South Carolina I thought I would enjoy reading this book due to location. I believe there where a few inconsistencies of the area. Otherwise, the story was enjoyable.
Lori
Jan 02, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and engaging story. I loved the characters and wish it would morph into a series, but not possible since there was no cliffhanger.
Betty Strohecker
Apr 28, 2015 Betty Strohecker rated it really liked it
Loved the setting of this relaxing and enjoyable love story, with true to life characters.
Ethel Doucette
Apr 11, 2016 Ethel Doucette rated it liked it
Sweet romance, easy read. Holly was a hoot. I always love a beach setting.
Cindy
Sep 10, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story. It is a love story that is sweet and not trashy. The characters are believable. I am anxious to visit Folly Beach, South Carolina.
Fola
Apr 21, 2012 Fola rated it liked it
The book was okay. It was not the best book that i have ever read but it also was not the worst. The book seems to go on and on almost about nothing. The story did not get overly interesting until about half way through. It seemed to be going through the motions and it would try to insert some big story feature only to lose it until six chapters later. The romance of the story goes so smoothly I do not think I’ve been it go so smooth in any other book.
If you are looking for a book that is a eas
Carol
May 25, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
great beach read!!!! loved the characters and the story line!!!! Visited Folly Beach such a beautiful place!!!!! Could just feel like I was their!!!!
Glenda
Mar 19, 2014 Glenda added it
In enjoyed this book.
Heather
Aug 13, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama-romance
This was an enjoyable book that is very different from other romance novels I read. Holly, the main character, is very spiritual and brings prayer and her beliefs in God to the story. It was so nice to see this in a novel! Parker, the other main character, had his doubts about God, but he believed in Holly and her spirituality, so love found a way for the two. It was a sweet romance with a great setting in Folly Beach, SC. If you are looking for steamy romance, this book is not for you.
Carolyn
Aug 11, 2014 Carolyn rated it liked it
I liked it alright, but it really dragged through most of the book.
Ann
Jul 31, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Once again, Loree Lough has crafted a story that made me laugh and cry. I feel like I've been on vacation in Folly Beach with her characters. Now I want to get in the car and head south to visit it.

She never disappoints.
Terry
Mar 22, 2012 Terry rated it it was ok
A bit too repetitive and predictable for my taste. I wanted to like the book more because I vacationed in Folly Beach last year, but this was just a little too Harlequin Romance for me.
  • Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri
  • Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
20519
With 105 books (nearly 6,000,000+ copies in circulation!), best-selling author Loree Lough's writing style has been compared to Nicholas Sparks and Mary Jo Putney; readers and reviewers call her “a gifted writer whose stories touch hearts and change lives.”

With a long list of industry awards, it isn't likely this prolific author will ever retire...not even to her cozy li'l cabin in the Allegheny M
More about Loree Lough...