Start by marking “Hosea's Bride” as Want to Read:
Hosea's Bride

Hosea's Bride

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Forced into prostitution by her stepfather, Angela Warren found salvation one dark, terrifying night in Crossroads Church. The words of a handsome visiting preacher and the strength she found in the Lord led her to a new life in Harmony, Colorado.But Angela' s hard-won happiness was threatened when her church appointed a new pastor, Hosea Stevens-- the very preacher who' d...more
Published April 18th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hosea's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hosea's Bride

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Aug 17, 2009 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of good romances with a message
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) by: Lacy Hill
Incredible book about the healing power of love and acceptance. The heroine had a terrible life before she met the hero. And instead of judging her, he opens his heart to her and makes her his bride, giving her the love and care she always needed.
Jes
Sep 07, 2008 Jes rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who dounts Gods love for us.
Recommended to Jes by: A good friend from my church
Best book I've read in a while! The layout was nice, there was suspense. I likes the characterization and the emotional scenes throughout the whole book. Plus the real-life problems it showed.
Janine
"Hosea's Bride" by Dorothy Clark is one of my favorite books, and I still say that even after a second reading. I just love both Hosea and Angela. I also love the deep scriptural messages in the book, along with the book lesson.

This book takes a sinner that most would have a hard time seeing beyond what they did, and showed how with Gods grace life can change. Yes Angela had been a prostitute but one night her life went from walking in the dark on the streets to walking the narrow path in the da...more
Hannah
This book was a little cheesy, I'll admit that. But I couldn't help but love it! I got frustrated with Angela often because the solution to her problems seemed so obvious to me! But I still rooted for her to figure it out in the end. It was obvious even from the title that she and Hosea would end up together, but it was fun seeing how that happened. Leigh and Phil provided some fun comic relief. Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot for just some light reading!
Veronica
Christian Singer
Excellent read! Sometimes it's hard to believe God has our best interests at heart and that He'll bless us. Guilt makes us believe we've been so horrible that we don't deserve what God desires to give us. Forgiving ourselves can seem impossible.

Pastor Hosea Stevens meets a young woman running away from a bad past. Six years later they meet again. For much of the story Angela tries hard to hide her past from Hosea, and she's cautious with her heart. When the past scars us, we tend to close our he...more
Amy
This was fantastic spiritually and made me see more of how God can work. The only complaint that I have is that it dragged a bit. It got a bit repetitive with the heroine's problem and I got tired of reading her inner dialog with herself after a bit. Still it was uplifting to me as I am struggling to change my life for God so it was nice to see that a pastor can struggle too!
Elaine Hoffer
I just loved this book. It is inspirational romance. The story moved along very well and it was nice to read a romance without any sex or language in it. I would really recommend this book. It even has a lot of gospel principles about reprentence in it. It is hard to explain but really eye opening. I highly recommend it
Judy
Oh what a good read. Reminding us that we must forgive ourselves and what God has forgiven and cleansed is. We often hang out in our unforgiveness of ourselves or others and hold them or ourselves to the past.

TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Excellent reading- a good learning-lesson experience. Good message: "Love Inspired" very enjoyable human life experiences relative.
Amber Noella
I thought the story-line was great, but the main character was a liiiitle too emotional. Not sensative, but...you know. I loved it though!
Brandy Sutton
A good underdog book....someone with no reason to succeed or have a good life changes her path and gets the life she deserves.
Melissa
God has forgiven her past sins--but she's afraid that the preacher who is smitten with her will not.
Kathryn
"Love Inspired(different authors)"
Kaitlin
Very religious!
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Rose Vidal
Rose Vidal marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rebecca Pettinato
Rebecca Pettinato marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Katherine
Katherine is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2014
Heather Herl
Heather Herl marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Beauty for Ashes Prairie Courtship Family of the Heart Wooing the Schoolmarm Gold Rush Baby