Start by marking “iPhone Application Development for Dummies” as Want to Read:
iPhone Application Development for Dummies

iPhone Application Development for Dummies

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Start building iPhone apps today with this friendly guide, now in full color! Whether you're a beginning programmer who wants to build your first app or a professional developer looking to leverage the marketing power of the iPhone SDK, this book will help. It walks you through the basics for building a variety of iOS applications using Apple developer tools and covers the ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about iPhone Application Development for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about iPhone Application Development for Dummies

Chinarut Ruangchotvit
unfortunately this book gives the Dummies series a bad taste - i gave the series the benefit of the doubt and found the book spending waaaay too many pages on what is essentially one programming example. I have to give kudos to effort to designing the app from start to finish. stick with Beginning iPhone Dev if you've done any serious programming.
Luke

Being the complete dummy that I am at this topic, this was a great book to just learn the basics to building and developing an iPhone application. However, one read through is not enough to simply create an amazing app such as Angry Birds, but no dummy would be expecting that. I constantly going back to different sections, trying to understand it slightly better.
Chris Aylott
No question, I'm a dummy. But with this book and a good bit of poking around on the Apple site, I've managed to get a very basic app up and running on the simulator. There's still lots of work to do if I want to turn it into anything useful, but it's a start!
Bakari
Jan 10, 2010 Bakari marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technology
I'm a complete novice at iPhone development. So I'm slowly reading through this book and trying to understand the code language and function behind iPhone application technology.
Peter
Chapters bookstore. Not a good book. Half of it was basics. Poor modeling.
Matt Doherty
Matt Doherty marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Will
Will is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Kevin Inscoe
Kevin Inscoe marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Reid
Reid added it
Dec 31, 2014
£lizabeth
£lizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Jim Novak
Jim Novak marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Raj
Raj marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
iPhone Application Development All-In-One for Dummies Objective-C for Dummies [With CDROM] Fishtown: A Jack Regan/Izzy Ichowitz Novel Objective-C Programming For Dummies Objective-C For Dummies®