Start by marking “The Army Ranger's Return” as Want to Read:
The Army Ranger's Return

The Army Ranger's Return (Heroes Come Home #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A soldier's second chance…

As nervous as a teenager about to go on her first date, Jessica Mitchell waits for Special Forces Ranger Ryan McAdams—her best friend for the past year—whom she's never met! They've been pen pals while Ryan was away fighting for their country and Jessica was secretly fighting her own demons back home.

She knows widower Ryan's fears of returning to
Published August 2nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Army Ranger's Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Army Ranger's Return

Jill
Jessica Mitchell has known Ryan McAdams for a year but only through the letters they write to one another. Ryan, a sniper with the Army Rangers, has been stationed overseas during that time. Home now in California to recuperate from an injury Ryan and Jessica meet for the first time. Ryan a widower with an 11 year-old son needs desperately to reconnect with him. With Jessica's help he may be able to do that before his deployment back overseas. As open and as honest as Ryan has been with Jessica, ...more
Wanda (Good Choice Reading)
Once again Soraya managed to captivate my heart with her story. Jessica became penpals with a soldier overseas. His name is Ryan and their friendship blossomed through snail mail. They confided in each other and basically was there for one another in time of need. Their letters helped them overcome obstacles in each of their lives. Him being overseas fighting for our country but also grieving the death of his wife and Jessica fighting for her health. By reading this book, Soraya in her own way ...more
Laurie
It takes a strong woman to overcome cancer, but when her pen pal returns from the Army her heart might be in danger of falling for him!
No stranger to heartache, Ryan has seen many lives taken by war and had to live through the heartbreaking task of watching his wife die from cancer. Jessica has been writing him for a while and now he is able to meet her face to face, but can he handle life back in civilization as just a normal man when he's had to be a hero for so long?
Jessica has a secret she
Nas Dean
THE ARMY RANGER’S RETURN by author Soraya Lane is from the M&B Cherish line.

Jessica joins a pen pal program and starts writing to a soldier, while she is undergoing cancer treatment in hospital.

Ryan’s letters give her strength. As he is unaware of her treatment, on paper at least he treats her as a normal girl.
And Jessica’s letters give Ryan the strength to face coming home and being a dad to his grieving motherless son.

Meeting at last, they realize they had a stronger bond between them.
Ca
Brie C.
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

The first time I read one of Ms. Lane’s books, I decided to choose the one with the cheating hero. Surprisingly, things turned out well and I ended up enjoying the book. So for my second book I decided to once again step out of my comfort zone and go for the one with the widower.

Jessica and Ryan have been pen pals for over a year now. Both of them relied on those letters to survive; Ryan because he was in the middle of the war, and Jessica because s
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Can there be ‘love before first sight?’ Jessica Mitchell has spent a year exchanging letters with US Army ranger Ryan McAdams. Their first meeting – predictably – gives her a lot of anxiety. There aren’t just doubts about him – but she is full of self-doubt, as well as concealing a secret.

The wonderful thing is, each of them, through their letters, gave the other something to look forward to. The letters are cleverly shared, revealin
Melissa
This book is such a sweet and in a way gut wrenching tale. Well, that's how I saw it. I really love the whole pen pa to lovers aspect. A military man with a re-teen and heroine who is fearful of the future because of her struggle with the dreaded "C" word. This story certainly packs a wallop at times. The emotional depth and characters just make you feel for them even more. I can be a real sucker for a military hero/heroine story at times.
I would recommend this one. Such a good read. Soraya is
Loretta
I have mixed emotions about this book. Cancer is a horrible experience for anyone. Deployment is hard on even the strongest of families and relationships. As serious as the subject matters this book packs a lot of content into a small binding.
Christine
I really enjoyed this story. The idea of pen pals and supporting our troops. Jessica and Ryan- what a couple. It is nice to read about HEA and glad that George fit in so well. I felt every single kiss as if I was Jessica.
Sarah Magner
Cute story and easy read. It's pretty predictable but if you're just looking for a book with a happy ending then this will fill that request!
Laura YA indie princess
I love Soraya Lane book's and her writing style. If you enjoy this genre then read her books they don't disapoint you.
Harlequin Books
Oct 24, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Elle (Ligia)
Elle (Ligia) marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Diana Ballestas
Diana Ballestas marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Heroes Come Home (5 books)
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Back in the Soldier's Arms
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
Voyage of the Heart The Navy Seal's Promise Montana Reunion (Montana, #1) Change Montana Homecoming (Montana, #2)