Start by marking “Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer, #2)

Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  667 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Bestselling author Stephen Coonts took fans by surprise with the phenomenal and heart-pounding tale of Saucer. Now Rip Cantrell and Charley Pine are back for seconds with with Saucer: The Conquest.

Rip Cantrell is brought back to give the saucer one last flight. Charley Pine has started flying for a rich French tycoon, and there is believed to be another downed saucer some
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Saucer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saucer

K.D. Absolutely
This book has an impossible plot: a saucer, U.F.O. if I may, was found in the Sahara and with the help of the US Air Force, the finder steals it right under the noses of other organizations around the world.

But I am not rating this with 1-star. Reason: Impossible things do happen.

Two months ago, I celebrated my birthday with 47 selected friends. They all sang and merrily wished me a happy birthday. Some of them even embraced me, kissed me, hugged me. I felt loved and respected. Just the other da
Ed Tinkertoy
This book starts off slowly with a lot devoted to describing Charley and her feelings. But about a third of the way through the action picks up. Charley is hired to fly a French space plane to the moon as a part of a plan by France to build a way station for a planned Mars expedition. But on the way she discovers some suspicious cargo and then once on the moon she uncovers a sinister plot to take over the Earth. So she quickly hatches a plan and steals the space plane and heads back to earth. Me ...more
Clinton Galloway
The book was so bad that I could not get past halfway. I stopped after I had read about a third of the book but tried it again a week later. I was very disappointed. The leaps of basic logic and common sense were almost insulting. Issues that were made to be big issues were never followed up in the story. The issue of flying a vehicle from the moon to earth, unnoticed was just too much especially since it had to be refueled in space.
Bob
The second book in the series, finds a French millionaire having set up a base on the moon hires Charlotte "Charley" Pine to co pilot one of his resupply craft. She has to take over the pilots job when he falls sick and makes a landing at the base. While there she discovers that the millionaire has secretly brought and set up on the moon and anti-gravity weapon with plans to set himself as savior and emperor of earth. Back on earth Rip Cantrell her boy friend and his uncle are playing around wit ...more
tommy welch
Great tale

Another monster tale by a notable writer. I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the third and final installment. The characters, plot, and pace of the piece are riveting I would recommend this soon to be trilogy to anyone who loves high adventure, sci-fi, and great storytelling.
Andrew Rose
Gallic Tyranny

When a French business man decides to look down on the rest of humanity from the moon, it's up to the crew of the saucer to set things right. Another fun adventure reminiscent of David Weber.
C. Stuchl
Better than the first. By the way I had the audio version.
Started off well enough then shot into high gear and stayed there. Loved it and will be starting the next one very soon. I never go wrong with Stephen Coonts.
CD
Finished the first book in this series recently. Went through 'another' box and found the first two. Now to see if I can find a reasonable date when they were first read.
Ron
It had a lot of promise as the first book merely scratched the surface of the possibilities of that saucer. I however, found it just a tad bland. Coonts definitely leaves the reader looking for more. Unfortunately it's not just anticipation of the next part of the story. The first book was so well written, yet this one fell into the stereotypical "sequel not as good as the original" category.

Don't get me wrong, this was still a decent yarn, especially being able to "see" the strategies that hap
Ron
I really enjoyed reading this second follow up book in the saucer series. Of course I'm going to start the third saucer book right way.
Shawn
A great follow up to the first novel, this is equally good and in some ways better. I liked the political intrigue combined with the action and the characters all felt more real in this book.
Tom
Easy, fun and quick read. Keep them coming Coonts!
Doug
slow getting going, but it finished well
Douglas
Very good story. Good addition to the original book. I like the characters.
Anthony Kufner
uk edition
Dpic
even better than #1
Eric
Entertaining! A fun quick read, little thought required. Simply entertaining.
JParsons1974 Parsons
340 pages . Science fiction. Available in most public library collections. This is Stephen Coonts second venture into scifi and his best . The story is continuation of Saucer but with better dialog more action. In this world the French have established a base on the Moon and want to use it to take over the world using alien techonology. The story left me wanting more.

Robert
I definitely felt this was a better effort on the authors part than the first Saucer book. However does this make the next book you should pick up? Me thinks not. There are plenty of good books and so little time so lets quietly move on and leave this one right back up on the old shelf where it was found.
Kenneth Flusche
Well as usual got confused and read book two first. Excelant Juvenile Sci Fii recoment for ages 12 to 72, if you like quick read for intertainment, this book works. If you like the satire from the real world think Guliver's Travel from high school it's there poloticians are the same world over.
Jim
"Sequel to Saucer book. Using technology from a second saucer, a French billionaire sets up a beam weapon on the Moon and declares himself Emporer while blasting countries who resist. Charley Pine, Rip Cantrell and Uncle Egg fly the original saucer to the rescue. Silly but fun."
Keith
One of the worst books I've ever read. A complete waste of time.
Dawn
It's an interesting concept that is realistically written. There is your unlikely couple and even more unlikely enemy that actually made me laugh. Realy good, can't wait for the end and now want to read more of his fantastic work.
Roysart
I wonder through out the book what happen to the people who brought the saucers to earth.
Other then that it was a crazy plot and not very realistic book but it was science fiction.
Jeff
Nov 25, 2013 Jeff added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I saw this book while browsing the large print bookshelf and picked it up. Though I didn't read the first book in the series, I prefer something more down-to-earth
Jon Boyd
Pretty good, in an old fashion sort of way. Just a feeling I got during the book. Sort of took me back to the wanderings of my mind when I was a boy.
Veronica Sanche
A fun light read involving two super heroes, flying saucers, a moon base and a serious threat to the physical welfare of the earth.
Bob
Jan 01, 2008 Bob added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
It was initially a slow read but it was interesting enough to continue on. It was a solid read and entertaining enough to pass on.
Tabitha
I just really love the characters in this book! I've really enjoyed this series and hope this becomes a trilogy!
  • Edge of Battle (Jason Richter, #2)
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • Red Holocaust (Deathlands, #2)
  • The Alien Years
  • Ember (Haan, #0.5)
Stephen Coonts (born July 19, 1946) is an American thriller and suspense novelist.

Coonts grew up in Buckhannon, West Virginia, a small coal-mining town and earned an B.A. degree in political science at West Virginia University in 1968. He entered the Navy the following year and flew an A-6 Intruder medium attack plane during the Vietnam War, where he served on two combat cruises aboard the USS Ent
More about Stephen Coonts...
Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton, #1) Under Siege (Jake Grafton, #4) Final Flight (Jake Grafton, #2) Deep Black (Deep Black, #1) America (Jake Grafton, #9)