Start by marking “Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader” as Want to Read:
Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader

Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader #24)

Uncle John’s 24th flagship edition is glittering with more than 500 all-new pages of absorbing material that prove once again why Uncle John makes the best-selling bathroom-reading series in the world.

The information miners at the Bathroom Readers’ Institute have unearthed a priceless collection of surprising, amazing, headscratching, and hilarious articles. Divided by len
Published October 25th 2011 by Portable Press

To ask other readers questions about Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader

Dan Schwent
Oct 29, 2012 Dan Schwent rated it liked it
Shelves: nf, 2012, bri
Uncle John's Bathroom reader is a fountain of interesting facts. This edition, the 24 Karat Gold Bathroom Reader, is more of the same.

Just a few of the interesting facts contained within:
- Hotdogs were once known as Depression sandwiches
- Banker slang for people who pay their credit cards off every month: deadbeats
- The amount of fat in the total Big Mac's America consumes every year: 35 million pounds
- Jon Stewart's brother is the COO of the New York Stock Exchange
- It is possible to get gooseb
Maeve
Jan 20, 2012 Maeve rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much. It's great for the curious trivia buff in me.
Tom Darrow
Apr 12, 2013 Tom Darrow rated it really liked it
Another great offering by Uncle John. You can read in the bathroom and learn something at the same time. This book had an odd way of providing me with tidbits of history and trivia that seemed to be on time with either my conversations with friends or what I was teaching to my history students.

Memorable entries include...
A lengthy history of the Puma vs. Adiddas brand war
How to measure the height of faraway objects
The origins of typing fonts
Stories about a remote island in Indonesia
The real stor
Joseph F
May 14, 2014 Joseph F rated it really liked it
I just can't help being sucked into the golden toilet that is the bathroom reader! What really is there to say about this book? It's 544 pages, which is longer than usual and that means there's more room for cool facts! The variety is once again outstanding! There really is something for everyone in these books! Highlights include The full story of Helen Keller, the war between Adidas and Puma, The secrets under Paris, Viral videos and so much more! So if you want to know the origin of Tupperwar ...more
Alina
Jul 13, 2014 Alina rated it it was amazing
it's a wonderful page turner that got me "hooked" right from the first page. it is full of trivia and interesting things that can be suitable for all kinds of public. even though I might have not liked some parts of the book I definitely managed to get quickly over them. also the book had a vocabulary which was easy to understand for the general public.
it was my first uncle john bathroom reader but it will definitely not be my last. 5 stars
Rob Ballister
Jan 23, 2016 Rob Ballister rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this edition of Bathroom Reader! Same combination of interesting trivia coupled with Uncle John's humor. In other editions of Bathroom Readers, one or two mistakes have jumped out at me, but not this one. Quality product that can be enjoyed by many different interests.
Ryk Stanton
Dec 22, 2013 Ryk Stanton rated it really liked it
I don't know how many of these I've read, but they are worth the money for their purpose. Many articles were interesting and informative ... but I have quite a few of these sitting around now and I don't know if or when I'll ever read them again -- but I reckon someday I might.
Nurshafiqa
Aug 21, 2012 Nurshafiqa rated it liked it
as usual, i would read this everywhere whenever i feel it's time for a casual read, and reading bits of facts on the internet through my phone just don't cut it. i guess you could say i'm a fan of the bathroom reader series.

3 stars.
Brittany
Jan 04, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I love the variety of facts and articles presented in this book. You never know when you'll find youself quoting something from it!
Sarah Jensen
Jun 21, 2015 Sarah Jensen rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series!
Brian
Nov 13, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing
I've read all 25! Love them!
Mike
May 05, 2012 Mike rated it really liked it
learned a lot of things i never knew
Brian
May 16, 2012 Brian added it
Great trivia!
Abraham Ray
good copy of the uncle john's bathroom reader series!
Rich Meyer
Nov 14, 2013 Rich Meyer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Another fun trivia foray with Uncle John. A lot of interesting facts and factoids. It was a bit lacking on the Henry Ford information though, glossing over his pro-Nazi leanings.
Marcy Rhoads Waddill
Marcy Rhoads Waddill rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Jenell
Jenell rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2011
Ginger
Ginger rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Judith Moore
Judith Moore rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
Hercules Repka
Hercules Repka rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Orysia
Orysia rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Selina Gapczynski
Selina Gapczynski rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Joanne  Clarke Gunter
Joanne Clarke Gunter rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Gavin McCabe
Gavin McCabe rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Nancy J. Kinville
Nancy J. Kinville rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
Brian McClure
Brian McClure rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Gavin
Gavin rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Steven Irish
Steven Irish rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Scott Blizzard
Scott Blizzard rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Jack Ellis
Jack Ellis rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Uncle John's Presents: The Book of the Dumb
  • The New Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information
  • Oh, Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • How Does Aspirin Find a Headache? : An Imponderables' Book
  • Operations Management
  • The Simpsons Beyond Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Still Continued
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide
  • Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days
  • mental floss presents Condensed Knowledge: A Deliciously Irreverent Guide to Feeling Smart Again
  • Book of Totally Useless Information
  • Sephora: The Ultimate Guide to Makeup, Skin, and Hair from the Beauty Authority
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • Teaching the Trees: Lessons from the Forest
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists #3
  • The Utterly, Completely, And Totally Useless Fact-o-pedia
  • Asimov Laughs Again: More Than 700 Jokes, Limericks and Anecdotes
  • mental floss presents Instant Knowledge (Collins Gem)
The Bathroom Reader's Institute UJBR boasts more than 12 million books in print and a membership base topping 40,000 loyal readers . . .
More about Bathroom Readers' Institute...

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #1)
  • Uncle John's Second Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's Third Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #3)
  • Uncle John's Fourth Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's 5th Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's Sixth Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's Seventh Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's Ultimate Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader #8)
  • Uncle John's Giant 10th Anniversary Bathroom Reader
  • Uncle John's Great Big Bathroom Reader

“We have a complete business plan that aims to yield investors 1,000% returns within only a five-year period. We have all the pieces in place; the only missing piece is YOU! We are looking for a very motivated scientist who has experience in teleportation research and/or technology. Send a resume and any other information that may set you apart from other teleportation scientists.” 1 likes