Start by marking “Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader” as Want to Read:
Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader

Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Uncle John’s 24th flagship edition is glittering with more than 500 all-new pages of absorbing material that prove once again why Uncle John makes the best-selling bathroom-reading series in the world.

The information miners at the Bathroom Readers’ Institute have unearthed a priceless collection of surprising, amazing, headscratching, and hilarious articles. Divided by len...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Portable Press

To ask other readers questions about Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader

Dan Schwent
Uncle John's Bathroom reader is a fountain of interesting facts. This edition, the 24 Karat Gold Bathroom Reader, is more of the same.

Just a few of the interesting facts contained within:
- Hotdogs were once known as Depression sandwiches
- Banker slang for people who pay their credit cards off every month: deadbeats
- The amount of fat in the total Big Mac's America consumes every year: 35 million pounds
- Jon Stewart's brother is the COO of the New York Stock Exchange
- It is possible to get gooseb...more
Joseph F
I just can't help being sucked into the golden toilet that is the bathroom reader! What really is there to say about this book? It's 544 pages, which is longer than usual and that means there's more room for cool facts! The variety is once again outstanding! There really is something for everyone in these books! Highlights include The full story of Helen Keller, the war between Adidas and Puma, The secrets under Paris, Viral videos and so much more! So if you want to know the origin of Tupperwar...more
Maeve
I love this series so much. It's great for the curious trivia buff in me.
Alina
it's a wonderful page turner that got me "hooked" right from the first page. it is full of trivia and interesting things that can be suitable for all kinds of public. even though I might have not liked some parts of the book I definitely managed to get quickly over them. also the book had a vocabulary which was easy to understand for the general public.
it was my first uncle john bathroom reader but it will definitely not be my last. 5 stars
Tom Darrow
Another great offering by Uncle John. You can read in the bathroom and learn something at the same time. This book had an odd way of providing me with tidbits of history and trivia that seemed to be on time with either my conversations with friends or what I was teaching to my history students.

Memorable entries include...
A lengthy history of the Puma vs. Adiddas brand war
How to measure the height of faraway objects
The origins of typing fonts
Stories about a remote island in Indonesia
The real stor...more
Ryk Stanton
I don't know how many of these I've read, but they are worth the money for their purpose. Many articles were interesting and informative ... but I have quite a few of these sitting around now and I don't know if or when I'll ever read them again -- but I reckon someday I might.
Nurshafiqa
as usual, i would read this everywhere whenever i feel it's time for a casual read, and reading bits of facts on the internet through my phone just don't cut it. i guess you could say i'm a fan of the bathroom reader series.

3 stars.
Rich Meyer
Another fun trivia foray with Uncle John. A lot of interesting facts and factoids. It was a bit lacking on the Henry Ford information though, glossing over his pro-Nazi leanings.
Brittany
I love the variety of facts and articles presented in this book. You never know when you'll find youself quoting something from it!
Mike
learned a lot of things i never knew
Brian Kissell
I've read all 25! Love them!
Brian
May 16, 2012 Brian added it
Great trivia!
Ronaldo Carillo
Ronaldo Carillo marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Jared
Jared added it
Aug 07, 2014
Ramona Dempsey
Ramona Dempsey marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Bathroom Reader's Institute UJBR boasts more than 12 million books in print and a membership base topping 40,000 loyal readers . . .
More about Bathroom Readers' Institute...
Uncle John's Absolutely Absorbing Bathroom Reader Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into History Uncle John's Slightly Irregular Bathroom Reader Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader Uncle John's Supremely Satisfying Bathroom Reader

“We have a complete business plan that aims to yield investors 1,000% returns within only a five-year period. We have all the pieces in place; the only missing piece is YOU! We are looking for a very motivated scientist who has experience in teleportation research and/or technology. Send a resume and any other information that may set you apart from other teleportation scientists.” 0 likes