Start by marking “A Perilous Power (A School for Sorcery, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Perilous Power (A School for Sorcery, #2)

A Perilous Power (A School for Sorcery #2)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  190 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Trevor Blake has always known he possessed magical gifts. For instance, he can conjure objects at a distance. But since he was young, he has suppressed his magic lest it draw hostility from the skeptical and ungifted and intolerant. In the small farming community where Trevor lives with his family, the practice of magic is forbidden-sometimes from fear...or jealousy.
Most
Published January 1st 2004 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about A Perilous Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perilous Power

Amy
Sep 20, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
the book that started a school for sorcery. its so amazing it leaves you in utter silence and you cant stop thinking about it!!
Cristina Boncea
Megan
Dec 20, 2010 Megan rated it liked it
Nikki
Feb 04, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I got this book for Christmas or my birthday one year as a child. I have to say, it's one of my favourite books of all time! I didn't even know this was a part of a series until I joined this site, so I'm pretty excited!

It never fails to make me laugh and cry...lots of crying! It's got great morals and characters you can really connect with.

I recommend it highly.
Arminzerella
Phyllis
Jan 23, 2012 Phyllis rated it it was ok
Although this was the second book written in the series, the events in this novel precede those in the first one published. And that's about all I can say about that without setting up a spoiler.

Two young men living on the usual farm, bored, are sent to the big city and learn a lot of lessons about themselves and others. Oh yeah, one of them has magical powers, amazingly strong ones that he doesn't control well. This he needs to learn how to do, pronto.

This I'll give the book, there was nonstop
Louise Leonard
Oct 10, 2015 Louise Leonard rated it did not like it
A total waste of time. So-called hero is a jerk with no redeeming qualities. Plot recycled from the Bible with a Jesus figure but a hoofed Pan type god as the Father. Don't bother.
Daphnar
Jan 23, 2014 Daphnar rated it it was ok
A light-hearted tale of a young man with magical powers who goes off to the big city with his best (non-magical) friend. There they encounter evil and gratuitous violence. Not for fans of Harry Potter.
Patricia
Jun 03, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it
This is the second book written by E. Rose Sabin, and sort of a prequel to A School for Sorcery. It's about how the School has come to an existance. A little less interesting than A School for Sorcery but certainly worth reading if you like this kind of genre.
Aurora
Feb 07, 2012 Aurora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I remember these series as one of the series I read over and over again. It was beautiful and thrilling, if I remember correctly.
Alina Geambasu
Alina Geambasu rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Stephanie Tiner
Stephanie Tiner marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
D. Curtis
D. Curtis marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Ann d'er Winkel
Ann d'er Winkel rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Mary Carr
Mary Carr marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2016
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Shruthi Thyagarajan
Shruthi Thyagarajan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Delia
Delia added it
Jun 19, 2016
Robert Udrea
Robert Udrea rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Chefs_daughter
Chefs_daughter marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
  • Geno e il sigillo nero di Madame Crikken
  • The Serpents of Arakesh (Karazan Quartet, #1)
  • The Great Pyramid Robbery (The Seven Fabulous Wonders, #1)
  • Fall  (Witch Season, #2)
  • The Mystery of Lord Sha (Book of the Stars, #2)
  • The Hidden Key to Harry Potter: Understanding the Meaning, Genius, and Popularity of Joanne Rowling's Harry Potter Novels
  • The Heart of the Witch
  • Genesis Alpha
  • Imperial Spy (Imperial Trilogy, #1)
  • A Sorcerer's Treason (Isavalta, #1)
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Water Tales: Aquamarine and Indigo
  • Whispering to Witches
  • Warum das Kind in der Polenta kocht
  • The Magic of Oz; Glinda of Oz; The Royal Book of Oz - Book 5
  • Ribbiting Tales: Original Stories About Frogs
Although born in Pennsylvania, I have lived in Florida since I was five years old. Attended schools in Pinellas County and later taught Spanish and English in the Pinellas County Public Schools.

Although I've always written for my own pleasure, I became serious about writing for publication rather late. I'm now retired from teaching and devoting my time to my writing. Oh, and also to my three dogs,
More about E. Rose Sabin...

A School for Sorcery (3 books)
  • A School for Sorcery (A School for Sorcery, #1)
  • When the Beast Ravens (A School for Sorcery, #3)