Start by marking “We Got Him! A Memoir of the Hunt and Capture of Saddam Hussein” as Want to Read:
We Got Him! A Memoir of the Hunt and Capture of Saddam Hussein

We Got Him! A Memoir of the Hunt and Capture of Saddam Hussein

In June 2003, two Iraqi businessmen approached an American outpost claiming to know important information. What they revealed invigorated American soldiers to pursue the one of the world's most notorious dictators. Their journey is a grand saga of human experience, testing every element of character and fortitude in a six month manhunt that ended at a hole on the bank of t ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 12th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about We Got Him! A Memoir of the Hunt and Capture of Saddam Hussein

Nicole
Sep 19, 2012 Nicole rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Okay, I only made it halfway through this book. I was hoping to read about the capture of Saddam, but the author instead told us about every mission, skirmish, meeting with tribal leaders, and all the wonderful leadership decisions that he made while in charge. I get that it all eventually contributed to the capture of Saddam, but it's called summarizing! Maybe someday I can force myself to finish it.I kinda feel like all these books pale in comparison to Marcus Luttrell's Lone Survivor.
Craig Childs
I served with 1-22 in Tikrit under LTC Russell during this period and have read other books / seen documentaries on the hunt for Saddam. Obviously I am very interested to read LTC(ret) Russell's account.
Aaron Shields
I listened to Steve speak and he was incredible. I only read the first 75 pages or so but just wasn't as interested after already hearing much of the story. Steve is an incredible man
Mark
Dec 26, 2012 Mark rated it it was amazing
Not only an insightful story of the events leading to Hussein's capture but also a story of the tactics used to fight an urban insurgency. An excellent read.
Ford
Jan 09, 2017 Ford rated it liked it
If you like war stories you will like this book. It gives a first account view of what the soldiers were going through in the first part of the Iraq war. One thing that impressed me was how many lives were saved by the body armor and kevlar helmets are troops wear. The book does not address the political or religious aspects of the war. That was not Steve Russell focus.
Jacob Lynn
Jacob Lynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Doug Tabner
Doug Tabner rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Sam Kiwan
Sam Kiwan rated it it was ok
May 19, 2014
Brandon Estep
Brandon Estep rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Matthew Murrill
Matthew Murrill rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Lex Gilmore
Lex Gilmore rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2011
Corey
Corey rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Dot Cunningham
Dot Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Jaci
Jaci rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
V Jay
V Jay rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
M.H. Vesseur
M.H. Vesseur rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Robert E Tooker Jr
Robert E Tooker Jr rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Raymond
Raymond rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Adam Fantom
Adam Fantom rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Lane Mann
Lane Mann rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
N Jacobson
N Jacobson rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Latricia Lobianco
Latricia Lobianco rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
ARMY
Oct 24, 2011 ARMY added it
Shelves: z-sep11, 1full-review
Fontenot
Maher
Maher rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Derek Robertson
Derek Robertson rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Wilson
Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Wesley Morgan
Wesley Morgan rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013