Start by marking “Omiyage: Handmade Gifts from Fabric in the Japanese Tradition” as Want to Read:
Omiyage: Handmade Gifts from Fabric in the Japanese Tradition

Omiyage: Handmade Gifts from Fabric in the Japanese Tradition

Bestselling author Kumiko Sudo creates 45 exquisite handmade gifts in fabric, each with a flair that is uniquely Japanese. Easy-to-follow patterns, beautiful photographs, and colorful step-by-step drawings help the projects come together quickly----many in less than an hour. Whether they are created in kimono silks or in contemporary cottons, these tiny boxes, purses, ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by McGraw-Hill (first published December 11th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Omiyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Omiyage

Dorothy
I'm increasingly interested in textile crafts, so I picked this up at the library. I liked the background on gift-giving and seasonal celebrations/holidays in Japan. Sadly, I had to return this book before I could really delve into it (someone had it on hold). That's what I get for checking out too many books at once!

I think I will have to check it out again and make a couple of the crafts: animals, flowers, pouches . . .
Rebecca
Jan 06, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this "how to book". Made one project and planning on making more. Directions difficult for me on the doll I was trying to make and I gave up. Made the sparrow instead, So cute! If the directions were clearer on some projects I'd give it a 5. I'm not experienced at sewing, so I was pleased to find a book I could work with. Very original projects, that I don't find in a lot on ordinary craft books.
Kelley
Aug 22, 2016 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeping, sewing
I found this book hiding from me on my bookshelf. I made the Chinese bellflower bag, the butterfly bag, and the goldfish several years ago when I first got the book. I remember them being fairly easy for me to make. Pictures are gorgeous and the projects are very cute. The sizes for the bags are small.
Raphaelle Yax
Nov 19, 2010 Raphaelle Yax rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous photos and easy to follow instructions make this book a must have for the intermediate to advanced set. The amount of hand sewing these projects may be a little daunting, but I assure you all of your hard work will be worth it! I love this book!
Dec 16, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
A delightful book of small projects, perfect to make for gifts or as favors. For the intermediate sewer, they can be done by machine, and spark ideas for additional variations.
Susan
Apr 01, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is a great little book for using up those fabric scraps and making wonderful gifts for friends and family.
Mauri
Jun 07, 2007 Mauri rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts, own
A beautiful book, well-written and instructional. I do wish that it had better guidance about material.
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2008
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2011
lyndadupont71hotmail.com
lyndadupont71hotmail.com rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Ifurita
Ifurita rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Andrea Avalon
Andrea Avalon rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Lsalle
Lsalle rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Martd
Martd rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
A
A rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Quincy
Quincy rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Janice Parker
Janice Parker rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Rebecca
Jun 17, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing-and-such
Creative ideas that will inspire you!
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Lín
Lín rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Lori Fury
Lori Fury rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Alison Bloch
Alison Bloch rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2010
Girl Underground
Girl Underground rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Saleris
Saleris rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2009