Start by marking “Peregrin” as Want to Read:
Peregrin

Peregrin

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
(Sequel to Xenolith). Frank Bowen braves three portals and a parallel world at war to find the wife he lost years ago in Belize, but the reunion inexplicably bombs. The Liz he finds is much evolved from the woman he married. Can Frank rekindle what they once shared, survive the coming purge and convince her to return with him to the land of their birth?
Published (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Peregrin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peregrin

Al Gritten
Sep 08, 2014 Al Gritten rated it it was ok
This is the sequel to the book "Xenolith" and continues the story of Dr. Frank and his search for Elizabeth, his believed to be dead wife who has actually crossed a trans-dimensional portal to another world. I enjoyed "Xenolith" tremendously, but confess to being disappointed with "Peregrin." In this volume the story gets too diluted, I believe, and that leaves the reader struggling to follow. Like a nylon rope beginning to unravel, the multitude of characters separates and so Sparrow tries to k ...more
Aimeekay
Apr 26, 2013 Aimeekay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peregrin is the sequel to Xenolith. I haven’t read Xenolith so I went into this one not knowing what to expect. There were things I liked about the book that would lead me to believe I would like the first book, however there were things about it that I didn’t like as well. There are parts of the book that I think I would have enjoyed more if I had read the first one.

To begin with I liked the characters. There didn’t seem to be any one main character as the story itself was told from multiple pe
Karen
Jul 15, 2012 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After the abrupt cliffhanger of Xenolith, I had high hopes for this book. It didn't meet them. Too many different plotlines which, while they did eventually converge into one, just seemed too haphazard and oddly strung together. You'd stay with one plotline for four chapters in a row, then zip back to a different one for one chapter, then off to a third for two, and then nothing on that one for another five. Add to that the vast assortment of increasingly simple editorial errors (such as saying ...more
J.L. Dobias
Apr 16, 2013 J.L. Dobias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Aventure
Shelves: book-shelf-11
Peregrin by A.Sparrow.

In this book Peregrin is a foreigner- stranger -traveler which in my dictionary is Peregrine. On the other hand Peregrin is Pippin from the LOTR. Since this is the second half of an epic adventure it all balances out.

I love everything about the two books Xenolith and Peregrin. I believe that most everywhere the first book is free though in some places you have to purchase the second for about a dollar. That's the e-books. They are well worth the price. If you like the fanta
Dava Stewart
I read lots and lots of free books. Mostly because I'm a cheapskate, but also because I am curious about books that writers give away. It's not surprising that free books are full of typos and many would benefit from some attention from a professional editor - the writer has invested time but probably nor money into stories they are willing to give away.

A. Sparrow is imaginative and created a captivating world and concept with Xenolith. I cared about the characters and couldn't wait for Peregrin
Olya
Apr 11, 2013 Olya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I didn't like the sequel as much as I liked Xenolith. I was interested in the dynamic between Frank and Liz, and the book didn't even talk about that part of the story until about 15 percent in. I also felt like it wasn't really resolved at the end. There were also a lot more battle scenes in this one, which I didn't love. The book just kinda ended with nothing being solved.
Sherry
Jan 08, 2012 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mike  Davis
Jul 05, 2011 Mike Davis rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fiction
Peregrin is a battle-laced sequel to the first book, Xenolith, by A. Sparrow. I thought Xenolith was the better of the two. The author needs to hire a proof-reader, and although some of the descriptive narrative was innovative, I also found strange word usage. All in all, a quick read and worthwhile addition to the Xenolith eBook.
Wojciech Golowkow
Sep 09, 2011 Wojciech Golowkow rated it it was ok
It turned out not to be another episode of Lost.. At around 30% the story picked up pace and continued well to the end. All the threads are nicely finished and the read was ok.
For some reason though, i did not enjoy this book. It failed to drag me in, maybe because it didn't propose anything new and was quite predictable.
Jack
Jul 02, 2013 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A continuation of the story begun in Xenolith; a nicely detailed fantasy.
Douglas
Apr 09, 2011 Douglas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for the next book
Sandra
Free on Amazon and Nook
Jody
Jul 18, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it
Great Book!
Dee Gray
Dee Gray marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Jonathan Poole
Jonathan Poole marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Morrine Carpenter
Morrine Carpenter rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
Billie Cronk
Billie Cronk rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Mary Whited
Mary Whited marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Karen Lewis
Karen Lewis rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Carol
Carol is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2016
Amy Alcain
Amy Alcain rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Steve Cova
Steve Cova rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
FLbookgirl
FLbookgirl marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Chandra Fry
Chandra Fry marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016