Start by marking “The Andy Griffith Show Book” as Want to Read:
The Andy Griffith Show Book

The Andy Griffith Show Book

Some shows just get better with age. As The Andy Griffith Show turns fifty, the audience continues to grow. This complete fan guide to the show is packed with information gained from access to the complete shooting scripts of the original episodes.

The Andy Griffith Show remains one of America's most-watched programs, gaining new fans through its widespread syndication and
Published September 14th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Andy Griffith Show Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Andy Griffith Show Book

Tim Chavel
Jun 23, 2013 Tim Chavel rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. Ken Beck and Jim Clark write this book as if the characters on the Andy Griffith Show were real live people with real lives. Of course, those of us who love the show feel that they are real. There are biographies of several of the shows main characters, a sort history of the town (Mayberry), lots of fun facts (like all of Barney's nicknames, Barney blarney (how is mispronounces words), Barney's songs, his letters, what he may say when he gets mad at Andy, etc.). There is a ...more
Penny
Jun 30, 2016 Penny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm on a roll with reading about one of my favorite shows. This one was more of all the facts about each character, etc. that was ever mentioned, some being contradictory, nothing gossipy about the actors, like the last one. It has inspired me to begin to watch all 20+ episodes to make sure I've seen them all and so far, I have found a couple I didn't remember ever seeing. I'm thinking about joining one of the fan clubs:)
David Ward
Andy Griffith Show Fortieth Anniversary Edition by Ken Beck (St. Martin's Griffin 2000) (791.45+/-). Here's a fan book, an insider's look, and an episode guide to the TV show and our favorite small town cast of characters. This is the second-best book about TAGS. My rating: 7/10, finished 12/15/14.
Jennifer Daniel
Jan 06, 2009 Jennifer Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
It is insane how much I love this show. It just proves that good comedy writing is timeless. Has great trivia and episode guides. My youngest son has just discoved this gem a program so I am thankful TV land and their reruns!~
Rich Meyer
Oct 09, 2011 Rich Meyer rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This is one of those media-related reference books that makes you really believe in the fictional universe it concerns. There's so much background information and minutia about the residents of Mayberry, you'll come away wishing they were your neighbors.
Grace
Jul 04, 2012 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all the fun facts aand quizzes!
Avery Gravel
Avery Gravel rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Evan Meyer
Evan Meyer rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2017
Mikaylah Brooke Hansen
Mikaylah Brooke Hansen rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Terri Lynn
Terri Lynn rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
Rachelle DeMunck
Rachelle DeMunck marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2011
Joey
Joey rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2011
Phil G
Phil G rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Jayne
Jayne rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Greg Starnes
Greg Starnes rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Jim Wheelan
Jim Wheelan rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Duane
Duane rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Blaine
Blaine rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2009
Jill Mcpartland
Jill Mcpartland rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Randy/Pam
Randy/Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2017
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2011
Jas
Jas rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Brian Snyder
Brian Snyder rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
Mary Edwards
Mary Edwards rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Sarah Sammis
Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2011
Drew
Drew rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2016
Laura Gaddy
Laura Gaddy rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Dawn Webb
Dawn Webb rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014