Start by marking “Dragon Mound (Knight in Shadow #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Mound (Knight in Shadow #1)

Dragon Mound (Knight in Shadow #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  10 reviews
More than two centuries ago, the three kingdoms of Rundin, Wallmyre, and Tepis banded together at the urging of the wizard Paulo Centuros to combat the ambitions of the sorcerer-king, Novaris. Yet, although they were triumphant and the forces of the sorcerer-king were scattered, Novaris himself was not to be found. Uncertain as to whether their foe was dead, the wizard sen ...more
Published October 2011 by Sea Lion Books

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Mound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Mound

Katy
Mar 20, 2013 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of high quest fantasy
Recommended to Katy by: Sea Lion Books
Please note: I read and reviewed this book in October of 2011. I'm adding formatting, and the disclosure that I received an ARC e-galley from Sea Lion Publications (this author's publisher) in exchange for an honest review.

My Synopsis: More than 200 years has passed since the area around Pretor’s Hill was the scene of a horrific battle – on one side the Sorcerer-King Novaris and his army of humans, trolls, morags, dragons and other nasty creatures; on the other side the Sorcerer Paulo Centuros w
Ronda  Tutt
Adventurous and Brilliant!

Wizards, Sorcerers, Witches, Knights, Dragons, Ghost, and Evil Wolf Creatures – Oh My! This is one brilliant and exciting magical adventure that will keep you glued to the pages. The writing ensnares you immediately into a fantasy world with smooth flowing words that come alive visually from the first page.

In this fantasy world, Knaak’s Wizard’s, Norvaris, and Centuros are beyond brilliant with their spells and magic even way past their lifetimes; however when you add t
Diayll
Mar 07, 2012 Diayll rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of High/Epic Fantasy, Dragon and Magic Lovers
Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Sea Lion Books
Reviewer: Heather

There are countless well developed characters found within Dragon Mound. Evan and Mardi are the main focus, though the story mostly follows Evan. He has lived for over 200 years as he embarks on his quest to find the evil sorcerer-King. This evil being was once the very man that Evan pledged his life to fight for, but an unforeseen turn of events quickly branded him as a traito
Hugo Saraiva
Evan is placed on a cursed quest by Paulo Centuros, to find Novaris wether he be dead or alive. He would only be left to rest when his unending quest was complete. In this book Evan Wytherling arrives at Pretor's Hill. Pretor's Hill being the place where is quest had started. As Evan makes new friends, he is faced with ones of his past. Lot of magic flows through the town, some not knowing they can or even how they wield any kind of magic.

Great quest novel. Characters are explained in great deta
Fantasy Literature
Dragon Mound, Richard Knaak's first installment in the KNIGHT IN SHADOW trilogy, chronicles Evan Wytherling's confrontation with long time enemies as he seeks to end his seemingly endless quest.

Evan has been a part of momentous war, nations fighting against nations with magic, dragons and knights all vying on behalf of two master wizards for control of the nation of Rundin. The final battle in that war took place hundreds of years ago, and Evan has been on the road even since. He is worn down, l
Jake Klimeck
Great book, takes you on a adventure that you never want to stop reading. cannot wait for the next book to come out so it can satisfy the burning hunger for more this book brought!
Nancy Gibbins roberts
This is a great book! Very easy to read and a fantastic story.
Robert Aldrich
Ceased reading this novel at page 36 for several reasons - and while I usually do not do reviews with spoilers, I will in this case, so if you don't want to know about some of the early contents, stop reading.

Let me begin this by saying that I am a big fan of Knaak's earlier works--the original Dragonrealms series and The Legend of Huma are among my most favorite books.

So, to begin with my general disappointment is the cover and the printing of the book. The front cover on the hardback version I
Jeff Raymond
Occasionally, you'll pick up a fantasy book that encapsulates every bad stereotype of high fantasy that you've heard - the book is overly descriptive, the characters wooden and unrealistic while playing as setpieces for the world around them, the story itself frustratingly derivative. It's just unfortunate all around.

I gave up on this at around 180 pages. I wanted to like this, as the last couple epic fantasy series I've picked up recently have left me cold and left me to toss them aside for a w
Ian
I found the book very intriguing at first, diving right in to the characters lives and the developing story around them. As the story progressed, however, my interest slowly dwindled. The constant use of the same descriptions for characters (e.g. the damnable steed), and a character who constantly repeats himself I found quite… irritating.
I understand this is only book one of the series and its primary goal is character developed, but I still found it’s pacing a bit dull.
My main problem is aro
Casey (LittlePinkCrayon)
Casey (LittlePinkCrayon) marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
D.A
D.A added it
Apr 18, 2015
Ncient
Ncient marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Barbara Letteer
Barbara Letteer marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Brenda Hammond
Brenda Hammond marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Myca
Myca marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Neil Tavares
Neil Tavares marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Doris
Doris marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Rodel Bernabe
Rodel Bernabe marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Hossein
Hossein marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • The Legend of Jig Dragonslayer  (Jig the Goblin, #1-3)
  • Urshurak (A Bantam Book)
  • White Plume Mountain (Greyhawk Classics, #2)
  • The Best of the Realms: The Stories of Elaine Cunningham (Forgotten Realms: The Best of the Realms, #3)
  • Lord of the Libraries (The Rover, #3)
  • Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)
  • Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone
  • Master of Devils (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer
  • The Walrus And The Warwolf
  • Swirls (Outsiders #1)
  • Aaron & Keja: Time Dragon
  • The Lost Prince (The Dark Border, #1)
  • The Beasts of Upton Puddle
  • The Poisoned Crown (The Sangreal Trilogy, #3)
  • Deep Water (Dragon Elementals #2)
  • Paths of Intimate Contention (The Sixth World of Men, #2)
  • The Goblin Corps
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1) Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1) The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1) Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1) The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)