A Fighting Chance

A Fighting Chance (Undefeated #1-4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  21 reviews
This book is now out of print and available under a new title "Undefeated"
Published April 7th 2011 by PublishAmerica

Helle Gade
As always Charity makes you laugh, cry, blush and fan yourself.
Edenmary Black
A winner!
UNDEFEATED by Charity Parkerson is a portal into the raw, gritty world of a training facility for MMA fighters, the Smith Brothers Fight Club. In this realm of the author’s imagination, modern-day gladiators face off against vicious opponents in big money matches, yet sometimes struggle with situations involving their smart, sexy women. These women are brought to the training facility through a variety of circumstances and display their desires, fears and hopes, as well as hell-bent ten...more
Mimi
I am not one to normally read "romance" books. I would rather read a good mystery or paranormal book any day. I had the opportunity to review the Undefeated series and SO glad I did.

This is such a neat "feel good" series. It had romance, humor, some drama but most of all, reality. We all have a "past". This series hit home for me for one reason. I have one "what if" and will always wonder "what if" with him. This series has the characters that fought for what they wanted and I LOVED that. My fav...more
Marla Blowers
Another great book by Charity Parkerson. I enjoyed getting to know her characters. As with another book of hers that I have read, I liked the way the characters related to each other. Best friends aren't always of the same gender and women don't always sit behind a desk. There was plenty of suspense to keep you turning the pages. I will be reading more of her books you can count on that.
Marla
Regina Puckett
A Fighting Chance is a wonderful second book for this author. I loved the fight club and all of its hunky fighters. I was keeping my fingers crossed for them all to find love.
Rhonda Davis
This book is a wonderful read! I couldn't put it down! I love all the stories and the characters of the book.
Pickapairbooks
Smith Brothers fight club is a club that trains MMA fighters. It is owned by brothers Bryant and Walt Smith. Bryant fears for the reputation of the club's "community chest" project when Walt realizes that someone is stealing money from the program. In an attempt to keep the problem secret they hire private detective Parker Wilson to find their crook. What Bryant doesn't realize is that Parker is not the starched suit man he'd been picturing but a blonde bombshell that knocks him on his butt.
Ace...more
Ӄaȶ  McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs
Smitten Blog Review

Anyone who follows my blog knows that I’m a big fan of a good short story or novella. I’m in total awe of authors that can weave an intricate tale in so few words. Capturing a reader’s interest, convincing a reader to invest heavily in the characters and ultimately leaving a reader with a satisfied ending in so few pages takes an incredible amount of talent. Charity Parkerson is one of the very special authors with the talent for penning the ultimate short story.

I’ve read a f...more
William O'Brien
Satisfying and smouldering

I was given an ecopy in exchange for an honest review.

A punchy action with romance thrown in the ring!

Super story lines with well-developed characters, even emotions are projected through the story. It is surprising, with this set but you will get it all, power, sex and romance giving a unique buzz. A southern boy with charm and hots chicks ready to spice up your evening with a sizzling read.

A satisfying and smouldering set. Certainly worth a read! 5*****
Marsha
I am so glad that I received all four of these books at the same time. I could not wait an extra minute to read the next one. All four books are separate love stories revolving around the same "family" of characters. I love them all. The stories were spellbinding and emotional. I laughed and cried. Paul is still my favorite, though. Four must reads!
Kim
Read all four separately, awesome series! Great read for those who enjoy handsome fighting men with big hearts.
Angie
2 1/2 stars, really. I found a lot of positive reviews about this book and the author. Frankly, I don't know what the hoopla is about. I tend to be fairly easy to please in this genre (or at least I think I am). I'm not expecting Hemingway. I just want a story I can get into and some fired up sex scenes, a little drama, maybe even plot lines. I've recently found that I love the "fighter" genre in erotic romance. I liked all of the characters and, in general, the basis of the story lines. What di...more
Quentin Stewart
The four stories in Undefeated take place around a fight club and the men that are part of that club. It is not the fighting that the story is about but the women that the four men fall in love with and marry. Some of the love is newly found and some is the return of old loves to the present. The characters are believable and the four stories are interesting and well tied together around the fight club or gym.

The adventures of the four couples and their coming together makes for interesting rea...more
Julia
What I enjoyed most about this book is that it transcends genre expectations and presents a fresh new approach. These four interwoven but independent stories combine the elements of a mystery, romance, and psychological drama.

All stories are set in an MMA club, and the plot starts when Walt, one of the two brothers who own the club, notices that funds are missing from the club’s money chest. To solve the crime, Walt and his brother Bryant hire Parker, an attractive private detective. Immediatel...more
Cinta
I give this collection of stories by Charity Parkerson an overall rating of 4 stars because I liked some stories very much, and others were just "meh". But there is something for sure: these hottie fighters will keep you turning the pages as their lives unfold before our eyes and their true personalities are revealed. Highly recommended as a read to keep you entertained while you commute to work or while you enjoy a relaxed weekend at home.
Pickapairbooks
"Undefeated" is a re-release of Charity Parkerson's book, "A Fighting Chance" which was one of her first novels. I read the book back when it first came out and again this time, as well. I still love it.

The Smith Brothers Fight Club is owned by two brothers. One brother, Bryant, trains the fighters and the other brother, Walt, runs the business side of things. After Walt notices that some money has been stolen from the club's pet charity project, Bryant hires a private detective to come in and...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
I never knew the things I learned while reading this book about MMA. I have to say I'm fascinated the whole world that revolves around the fighting and skill it takes to compete at this level. I loved the rich history and characters involved was completely sucked into their stories. I think my favorite story was Paul and Jack's because they each lost so much to another person making them vulnerable in ways the other characters didn't. The other characters in the book were just as good but don't...more
Jams Roses
This book glimpses behind the public lives of the most famous men in MMA. Bryant, Ace, Walt, and Paul are all men who, for different reasons, have shattered personal lives. Unfortunately, because their lives are lived in the spotlight each one has hidden behind a different persona.
Something I’ve not seen mentioned on any of the other reviews, is how this book gives readers a very real look at the fear victims of spousal abuse live with even after they no longer live with an abusive partner. Che...more
♥ Amanda
I won a copy of Undefeated courtesy of LibraryThing.

Undefeated contained the 4 books in the series, Bryant, Walt, Ace and Paul. I found each of the books entertaining, and thought they had just the right amount of spice and sizzle. Each of the guys gets the girl, and who doesn't like a happy ending? Charity Parkerson is a great writer, adding the right balance of romance and believability, making the fairy tale a dream come true, and putting a smile on the readers face.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sarah Ferguson
Sarah Ferguson marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Pamela Leonhardt
Pamela Leonhardt marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Larry Southwick
Larry Southwick marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Nikki Reader
Nikki Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
  • Beautifully Dangerous
  • Fight for Her (Fight For Her #1)
  • Something Fierce (The Underground, #1)
  • Against the Ropes
  • In Kelly's Corner (Fighting Connollys, #1)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Unlikely Hero (Atlanta Series, #1)
  • Battlescars
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • Below The Belt
  • Escape from Obsession (The American Soldier Collection, #1)
  • On the Ropes (Tapped Out, #2)
  • Forever Yours (Forever, #3)
  • Running from the Past
  • Take Care
  • Scarlet Fever (Hill Country Heart, #2)
  • Cowboy Outcasts
  • Fourth and Goal (Seattle Lumberjacks, #1)
Charity Parkerson is an award winning and multi-published author with Ellora's Cave Publishing, Midnight Books, and Punk & Sissy Publications. Born with no filter from her brain to her mouth, she decided to take this odd quirk and insert it in her characters.

*2014 Readers' Favorite finalist
*2014 Golden Ankh nominee
*2013 Readers' Favorite Award Winner
*2013 Reviewers' Choice Award Winner
*2012...more
More about Charity Parkerson...
Wicked Sinners (Sinners, #2) Bryant (Undefeated Series book 1) The Society of Sinners (Sinners, #1) Ace (Undefeated series book 2) Paul (Undefeated series book 4)