Start by marking “Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son: Overcoming Addiction Through Prayer” as Want to Read:
Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son: Overcoming Addiction Through Prayer

Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son: Overcoming Addiction Through Prayer

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published March 23rd 2011 by Transformation House

To ask other readers questions about Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son

Amanda Stephan
"I needed to let him fall flat on his face." What parent says something like this? A broken hearted parent that knows that only God Himself can reach down into the depths of despair and muck of sin to pull their most beloved treasure out, clean him off, and set him back on his feet. Anita Estes shares her experiences with an addicted son. She allows us only a glimmer of her heart break, her woes, toils, and trouble until finally - victory thru God alone.

Not only does she share her prayers with u
Pauline Creeden
How hard is it to lay a burden at Jesus' feet and leave it there? How many times do we worry and pick it back up again? Even when Jesus tells us to let it go, how often do we cling to it with our very fingernails? We have all been there.

The author of this book has allowed us to become a voyeur into her life. In this heart-wrenching, autobiographical moment, we see into the heart of a mother whose son is living exactly the nightmare that all mothers pray will not affect their child's life. With s
Kingdom
Author, teacher, writer and mother, Anita Estes, shares her heart-wrenching trial and journey through the battle of her adult son’s addiction from a mother’s heart. Letters to God is an inspiring compilation of journal entries, lessons learned and powerful prayers written as she waged war through a battle of addiction for her prodigal son that would last approximately two years. Filled with faith-filled scriptural prayers, learn how to proclaim the Word of God over your children and watch it com ...more
Theresa Franklin
5.0 out of 5 stars
Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son: A Mother's Struggle,
July 4, 2011
By Theresa Franklin (BEAUMONT, TX, US) -

See all my reviewsThis review is from: Letters to God, on a Prodigal Son: Overcoming Addiction Through Prayer (Volume 1) (Paperback)

Anita chronicles her spiritual struggles as she helps her son overcome an addiction to drugs. At the same time, she doesn't feel that she has the support of her husband. She doesn't sugar coat the experience or use pie-in-the-sky platitud
Jorja
Anita Estes resides in upstate New York with her husband and son. Her family also includes two grown daughters. Estes teaches art and photographs the beauty of nature in the Hudson Valley where she lives.

As the mother of a prodigal child Anita Estes found her way to scriptural prayer “to pray against addictions and for releasing captives” (since God promises His Word will not return void).

Delving deeper, she also used breakthrough prayer. Estes says, “Breakthrough prayer relies on the Holy Spir
Terry Callister
I’ve got to say right from the start that I am not a religious person but respect the feelings of those who are, whatever their faith. Also I don’t generally read “True Life Stories.” No, my reading tends to be an escape from reality, thrillers or comedy, so I approached a review of this book with a bit of trepidation. Within a few pages however I was hooked, I wanted to read it all and see what happened in the end. It is also thought provoking. What greater accolade can you give any book?

Anita
Shelley Hitz
A journey of hope. Watching a child (or any loved one) struggle with an addiction is heart wrenching with many dark days. However, as Anita shares her story, she also shares what brought her through...prayer. This book offers hope for anyone going through a similar situation and an inside look at how God worked through one mother's prayers.
Marja Meijers
A desperate cry from a mother's heart. Join Anita in her personal struggle as she fights for her addicted son Ben. I think it will be a great read for any parent who is going through the same thing.
Patricia Brumley
Patricia Brumley marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Maria Garcia
Maria Garcia marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Melissa Johnston
Melissa Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Nokuzola
Nokuzola marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Toni Nelson
Toni Nelson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2011
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2011
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2011
Anita Estes
Jul 22, 2013 Anita Estes rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Anita Estes is an art teacher, author, avid gardener and reader who also enjoys dancing. You can also find my writings on Examiner.com.
More about Anita Estes...
Transformed Transformed: Inspiring Stories of Freedom When God Speaks: 40 Days and 40 Nights of His Promises