Start by marking “Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution: Nature's Answer to Drugs” as Want to Read:
Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution: Nature's Answer to Drugs

Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution: Nature's Answer to Drugs

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
THE HEALING POWER OF NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
Long a champion of complementary medicine and nutritional therapy, Dr. Robert Atkins, author of the #1 best-seller Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution, presents the scientific basis for the use of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbs, and hormones in the treatment and prevention of many of the chronic illnesses that plague us tod
Published January 7th 1999 by Touchstone (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution

Lee Lacy
Feb 20, 2013 Lee Lacy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everybody
We give copies of this book away all the time and think every household should own a copy. So many times over the past few years we have solved medical problems with over the counter nutrients and vitamins recommended by this book, often when prescription drugs didn't work or made things worse.

UPDATE: the book is now available as an e-book -- now it's searchable, which is a great help.

Atkins isn't just guessing about what nutrients might work; these recommendations come from years of using them
Bev Dowdell
Oct 14, 2014 Bev Dowdell rated it it was amazing
I have used this book as a reference book for a number of years not only for myself but copied pages to friends and business associates. There is a wealth of basic, usable information to resolve health issues which due to the fact that Dr Atkins has an actual proven track record through his clinic means they worked for both Graham (husband - male) and me (female). A must have health and medical book when doctors - GP's - dare I say it don't have the depth of experience or are unwilling to step o ...more
Jodi
Jun 14, 2014 Jodi rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best, or maybe even the best, out there on this topic. I very highly recommend it. I have read maybe 2 or 3 dozen vitamin books which claim to be the best or the 'only guide you'd ever need' and all of them put together are not as good as this one book.

The information given on each of the major vitamins and how much and what forms to take is very good and many times more detailed than in most books.

Don't be swayed by whether or not you agree with Atkins' dietary advice.
John
Oct 25, 2015 John rated it really liked it
A better than average survey of nutritional supplements, including 24 pages of references in the back.
Bob Johnston
Jun 19, 2007 Bob Johnston rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nutritionhealth
Excellent reference on the various vitamins, nutrients and supplements. Again, it made me realize what a dumbass I am for not having followed this sort of regimen years ago. Oh well, I guess I'll only live to be 200 instead of 250.
Sandra
It's a what to take if you have this symptom type of a book.
Martha
Apr 11, 2011 Martha rated it really liked it
I will buy a copy of this book
Paul Mauer
Paul Mauer marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Beth Bartley
Beth Bartley rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Cissy Farley
Cissy Farley marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Roslynn Murtaugh
Roslynn Murtaugh rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Stella Foggon
Stella Foggon rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Abey John
Abey John marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
G R Schiffenhaus
G R Schiffenhaus rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Brigitta
Brigitta marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Candy McKinney
Candy McKinney rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Nisha Mahomed
Nisha Mahomed marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Connie Allen hall
Connie Allen hall marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Eugene
Eugene marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Robert Coleman Atkins, MD was an American physician and cardiologist, best known for the Atkins Nutritional Approach (or "Atkins Diet"), a popular but controversial way of dieting that entails eating low-carbohydrate and high-protein foods, in addition to leaf vegetables and dietary supplements.
More about Robert C. Atkins...