Start by marking “Wives Behaving Badly” as Want to Read:
Wives Behaving Badly

Wives Behaving Badly (The Two Mrs Lloyd #2)

2.98 of 5 stars 2.98  ·  rating details  ·  645 ratings  ·  105 reviews
What could be sweeter than Revenge? The sequel.

American readers fell in love with Elizabeth Buchan?s Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman. Now, with the delicious sequel to that beloved New York Times bestseller, Elizabeth Buchan answers the intriguing question: What happens when the mistress becomes the wife?

Minty Lloyd has what she always wanted, her prized Nathan and twi
Published May 29th 2007 by Penguin Books (first published June 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Wives Behaving Badly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wives Behaving Badly

Diana
I am giving this book 3 stars because I have never ever, in my entire life, hated a character like I hate Minty. I disliked her with every fiber of my being, so kudos to the author for pulling an emotion out of me. As far as the plot, I don't know. Rose is too nice for me, too diplomatic. I needed her to be a little bitchy, just a little mean... at least for it to be believable to me. This is a book about a woman with extremely low morals and her life as second wife. She is unhappy and dares to ...more
Manny
Nov 22, 2010 Manny rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy female POV revenge fantasies
Recommended to Manny by: Elisabeth
- Sweetie, how are you? We haven't talked for -

- That fucking cow. I saw him with her the other day.

- Oh, I'm sorry -

- Well, at least it looks like it's a difficult pregnancy. I hope she's got varicose veins.

- You know, you shouldn't -

- And I hope those little half-cup bras aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I hope they cut into her disgusting swollen tits every time she wears them.

- Sweetie, really -

- I bet she'll be a terrible mother. She has no idea how to deal with children. None what
LindyLouMac

As a sequel to the revenge of The Middle Aged Woman this worked well. I was definitely left at the end of it wondering how it would all work out for Nathan, Minty and Rose.
Well now I know exactly how Nathan and Minty’s marriage turned out. It is now some years later and they have twin sons Lucas and Felix and we learn how their marriage is working, in comparison to those of Gisela and Roger, Paige and Martin, both relationships beset with problems. As for
Michelle
I kept waiting for this book to stop depressing me. That never happened.
Eva
In this third installment featuring the lives of Minty, Nathan and Rose, Buchan accurately portrays the downward spiral of a marriage when small hurts fester and communication stalls into frustrated snipes at each other.

Seven years after Minty and Nathan marry, Nathan has recreated the same problems he had with his first wife, Rose. His grown children from his first marriage still despise his second wife, Minty. Rose, freed from drudgery of marriage and motherhood, has become vibrant and attrac
Marisa
I can't begin to explain how profound this book was for me. I actually hated how much I loved this sad and demoralizing depiction of a much disliked second wife and under the shadow of the ever constant first wife. The old adage comes to mind "careful what you covet".

I also want to say I was not fond of the first instalment Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman, and this is a first for be where I loved the second book more than the first, kodoos to the author on eliciting such am emotional response.
Julie Hedlund
A so/so sequel to "Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman," which was a much better book. Easy and fast read, but lacking the depth of emotion in the first book. This one is narrated from Minty's perspective, aka "the other woman." Unfortunately, Minty was the most one-dimensional character in "Revenge," and this book did little to add meat to her bones. Likewise, the other characters seemed more like caricatures rather than an extension of their personalities from the first book. Not a horrible read, ...more
Mary
I didn't realize that this book is a sequel. As a daughter caught in the breakup of two marriages and the eventual marriage of two of the lovebirds, I have the "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt"state of mind as I review the book. I think it should be required reading for any person trying to break up a marriage or allowing his/her marriage to be broken. There will be quizes to make certain that the readers are getting some information from the book!
Tara
I can't believe I even finished it. There is no one to like or even sympathize with in this book. It gives new meaning to the phrase, "With friends like these who needs enemies."
Eloisa
I liked seeing Minty's point of view, and even though i want to hate her for what she has done, i don't. Either way the man is to blame for hurting both Rose and Minty.
Jane
This title is the sequel to Ms. Buchan's earlier novel, "Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman." In this story, Minty Lloyd is realizing that becoming the second wife is harder than she imagined. Her one-time rival, Rose, has a glamorous life as a travel agent, and Minty finds herself jealous of her. A dramatic event forces them to regard each other in a different light. Although this was a story of love, loss and renewal, I kept getting irritated at the child-rearing efforts/tactics, or lack thereof ...more
Bre
This book was really hard to get through. I just couldn't get into it. It didn't seem to go anywhere.
Linda
This book is the sequel to Buchan’s Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman, which I read last year.

Reviewing sequels is tricking business, since many things that occur in the first book are mentioned and taken for granted. Therefore, if you did not read book one; be very wary of continuing with the review below, as it will be full of spoilers.[

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.This book picks up a few years after the end of the first book.

Minty is now firmly ensconced in Rose’s home
Lu Bielefeld *Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!*
Kristie J.
I enjoyed this sequel to Revenge of the Middle Age Woman, told from Minty's perspective seven years after she stole Nathan from Rose. It's interesting to hear Minty's perspective and there are many references to Revenge. Being Nathan's second wife is a lot more difficult than Minty dreamed, Nathan's children and friends never really accept her and sometimes are openly rude to her, and her twin nearly-six-year-old sons are a handful. However, once again, the title Wives Behaving Badly is very mis ...more
Becky
I almost abandoned this book several times throughout the first half because I really didn't care about Minty and didn't want to hear her perspective. In the end, I am so glad I finished the book. It was worth reading, and I took some knowledge from both Rose and Minty. I admit I enjoyed seeing things not work out beautifully for Minty, but Rose being strong, composed, and gracefully dealing with her was great to see.
Angie
May 20, 2009 Angie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All second wives ;-)
Shelves: fiction
Audio book -

The tale of " Minty " , her twin boys , and husband Nathan . The story is told from Minty's perspective ....Minty , the SECOND wife and step-mother to two grown step-children . I liked they way the author brought to life Minty's trials with her husband's ex wife ( her ex best friend ) , his grown offspring from the first marriage , her own marriage to Nathan , and the raising thier young twins . I did NOT like Minty's lack of backbone and voice box .
Had I rated this book after th
Kricket
hmmm. i was looking forward to getting minty's perspective after reading "revenge of the middle aged woman" but this one was kind of boring. i was hoping buchan would flesh out minty as a character so that i would feel conflicted about hating her in the first book, but it seems that buchan herself hadn't forgiven minty either. i didn't identify with minty or understand her very well, and i was still feeling outrage on rose's behalf so i reacted to minty's jealousies with the attitude of, "well, ...more
Michelle
Wives Behaving Badly
Elizabeth Buchan
Fiction
Audio Book
copyright: 2006
isbn: 1-4159-3126-7

What could be sweeter than Revenge? The sequel.

American readers fell in love with Elizabeth Buchan's Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman. Now, with the delicious sequel to that beloved New York Times bestseller, Elizabeth Buchan answers the intriguing question: What happens when the mistress becomes the wife?

Minty Lloyd has what she always wanted, her prized Nathan and twin boys, but she is haunted by the glamo
Diane
There is a lot of room for thought in this sequel to Elizabeth Buchan's Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman: Two Mrs. Lloyd Series, Book 1. Once the mistress becomes wife number 2, what is her place in the split family hierarchy? Although the title suggests a book of fluffy content, such is not the case in this sobering story. The characters are intricate, and the problems loom large in a marriage with new children, age differences, and unexpected tragedy. I enjoyed the story very much.
Silvina Candia
It brought up a lot of interesting issues but I never felt like I really understood or got to know the main character.
Noelle
there seemed to be a lot of characters in the beginning to try to keep straight. i found that i didn't have much sympathy for the main character and that the author really didn't want you to root for her until close to the end of the book when she makes herself somewhat vulnerable. it's fun that the story is set in london and uses english phrases--i spent a semester abroad in cambridge ages ago and felt transported back in time. that's about it. an easy read, but not too much gleaned from it, ex ...more
Kathleen
Rarely, do I like book sequels (this one was a sequel to Revenge of the Middle Age Woman.) The book was laden with close-to-the-surface feelings that threatened to explode, given the situations in the book. The twins were portrayed believably. The protagonist became more likable, but it was difficult to imagine her relationship with her husband's bosses wife. It was one of those books that I stayed awake to read under the covers with a flashlight. I was present with the characters into emotional ...more
Susan
This proved to be a sequel and it would have helped to have read the earlier book. I could not warm to Minty who is the focus of the book as the "second wife". Materially she has everything, including the trophy husband, but she comes across as perpetually discontented. The breakdown in communication and empathy allows the first wife Rose to becomes more appealing to Nathan. This was an interesting study in relationships, in divorced wives, and career women coping with motherhood. But it was har ...more
Dorothy Fleming
Rose comes out smelling like one and Minty is whining taht she got what she wanted and Nathan didn't think things through
Jill
I had a hard time getting into this book when I was reading it. In order to get it off my shelf I decided to listen to it when traveling. It was definitely better to listen to, otherwise I would fall asleep.
Lesley
I thought that this was really good. I enjoyed finding out what happened to Minty and Rose and I loved the ending. I actually listened to this downloaded to my iPod from Audible.co.uk and it was beautifully read by Emma Fielding.
I don't listen to many books preferring on the whole to hold a book in my hands, but it's fun to have a book to listen to whilst walking or on the bus, or in the car when my other half is listening to something sport related on the radio.

I always like Elizabeth Buchans
Laura Brudenell
Aug 29, 2007 Laura Brudenell rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Joanna Trollope/Maeve Binchy fans
You will need to read the first book, Revenge of the Middle Aged House Wife to fully "get" this book. It is completely addictive - I couldn't stop reading it but it does leave a bitter taste. I ended up wondering whether any of the characters were particularly pleasant and why I had spent so long reading a book that left me feeling melancholy and empty. Having said that, the writing is great as it makes you feel very involved with the story which nowadays is so hard to find. Much better than you ...more
Kate
The sequel to the Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman. (Like its predecessor, btw, the title has little to do with the actual story.)

The villain in the first book is our narrator in the second, and she grows on us as she's getting her comeuppance for bad deeds in the previous novel. I actually picked this one up before reading the first book, so it was interesting to go along with a main character who is paying for sins you never saw her commit.

But...not interesting enough for me to recommend the
  • Acts of Desperation
  • Best Friends and Bastards
  • High Plains Tango
  • Iced Chiffon
  • A Good Man
Elizabeth Buchan was born in Guildford, Surrey, England, the daughter of Eleanor Mary Peters and Major Peter Oakleigh-Walker. She obtained for a double degree in English and History at the University of Kent at Canterbury.

Elizabeth married with Benjamin William Alastair Buchan, grandson of the also writer John Buchan, they had one son, Adam Peter Alastair Buchan (b. 1980), and a daughter, Eleanor
More about Elizabeth Buchan...
Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman  (The Two Mrs Lloyd, #1) The Good Wife Strikes Back Everything She Thought She Wanted Separate Beds Consider the Lily